Thread: Population

Population

Ok, I've been watching the live stream vids of this game. And all that seems to be happening is a guy picking grass and building walls for an hour or so. But for some reason that interest me lol. I like the whole concept of everything being player crafter and it seems like they're alot of tools given to us to play around to make a true sandbox experience.

But i noticed in the videos, that when the guy looked around he seemed very isolated and the worled seemed deserted. And browseing through the forums there doesn't seem to be much activity. I really want to try this game out but the $40 seems a little steep from what I've been seeing. So basicly how is the population looking? Are there alot of bugs? Stuff to do? Fun?

**how was the update?more ppl on after?

Re:Population

there is alot going on right now with the construction patch just being released. The world is not just 1 or 2 players there's alot more out there right now and for there not being alot posted on the forums by players thats all because there is another section for citizens which is for the players who already got the game and that is where everything takes place. And again yes there's alot going on right now

Right now, since we're in the testing phase of the game, you're not going to get a population anywhere near what we'll have after launch. That being said, there will be bugs, yes, but not enough to where its unplayable. Right now the only real effective way to interact and play with other people is to join an established tribe and assume a role that tribe needs. Lots of the professions make stuff that other professions need so you can't really do much on your own at the moment. Right now there's bonecrafting, tailoring, woodcraft, basketry (using grass to make baskets/grass hats/etc), fishing, architecture, masonry (makes components for architects to use), etc. So that being said, if you join an already established tribe, you should be able to find your niche. Right now, you won't see a whole lot of forum activity because you don't have access to the pre-order section of the forums. Once you pre-order, you'll be able to see where the main forum activity is. As far as the game being fun, I've never played anything like it. I've been waiting for a true sandbox game that was actually good, and this game is more than I could have asked for. If it delivers everything it promises (which I very much think it will) it will be an amazing game. You can PM me if you've got any questions about the game or my tribe Shinra. We've already got ourselves established and are working on building our city, with which I'm sure you could help out one way or another

thx for the relies, damn im so tempted to purchases it cuz its sunday and im bored as hell. How new player friendly is the game would consider it hardcore?

Like I said before, it's just testing phase right now. It's a little weird to get used to it at first but once you get the swing of things in about an hour or two, you should be OK. I know a lot of Shinra will be on today if you end up pre-ordering and have some questions. If you do pre-order, choose Tallac as your starting point and ask people in general where to go to find our city. As far as actually joining our tribe, there's a process you gotta go through and I don't handle any of that myself. You'll have to click on my signature and read around on the site to learn about Shinra and what we're all about (and to do your application). If you really wanted to, you could read through the site and do your application while you wait for the game to patch/download. I will say that before I joined, I was a little lost but after playing with them for a few days I feel that I understand how everything works much better. Everyone is very helpful and will help you however they can.

Look forward to seeing ya in game

Well, i gave in and bought it. DL now 3 gb. At this moment i do no have vent or a mic but i might get one soon if i decide to stick around. I personally like figureing things out myself at first or at least try b4 joining a tribe so that i don;t seem too much of a noob. I will consider your guild as my first to apply to when im ready.

my in game name will be the same.

Sounds good

If you do plan on potentially joining a tribe, I still suggest starting in the Tallac area so you aren't too far in case you decide to join.

edit: don't be surprised if you run into some server lag today. We started having some pretty bad server lag last night, but it seems that it's going to be fixed by the end of tonight.

Watching him gather grass for hours on end...i hear ya, I must of spent about an hour in game just fishing and BSing with people. The talking, the sound of the river, it made it very relaxing.

So that you don't feel forced to join a tribe before your ready and got the hand of things there is a tribe called shadow at the round hill spawn. This tribe is an open to all test tribe for people with out clans/guides.

I will also add that the beginning game world is rather big (See features/FAQ) so tribes will be spread out all over the area thus the lack of visual population. However, don't expect to see hundreds at a time.

travdoty wrote:
    Sounds good

If you do plan on potentially joining a tribe, I still suggest starting in the Tallac area so you aren't too far in case you decide to join.

edit: don't be surprised if you run into some server lag today. We started having some pretty bad server lag last night, but it seems that it's going to be fixed by the end of tonight.
    WOW guy, try to answer his question next time without selling your tribe 3 times... looks kind of desperate ...

OP - Yes the pop has really increased since the patch, we had enough new players to start a new test tribe. I do hope the beta does not last too long though as people might get bored of the features they have been endlessly testing - one of the draw backs of being a tester or having a beta test though.