Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tribal Upkeep

Re:Tribal Upkeep

I seriously doubt a building made of scrap metal, nails, and leather would last through the winter. Upkeep for things is necessary for two reasons A. Nothing can last forever B. its a resource sink. It keeps the economy chugging along.

Everyone makes upkeep out to be this tedious job that must be done every hour of every day. If players can make quests, then there could be upkeep quests. These quests could involve one structure, or multiple. It could be the architects job, as an engineer, to check each structure to make sure its well maintained. Especially after a siege (provided there are sieges)

an upkeep of some form would be beneficial to the game. i like the idea of allowing tribes to use the quest system to take care of this and the use of items to upkeep buildings. currency could in a way be used to do the upkeep of buildings, collecting taxes or quests rewards for people to trade for the things they need to maintain a tribe.

A way to protect your buildings with a limit to that protection is required (ie ATitD use of cornerstones). Just because you subscribe shouldn't mean protection for everything, you should be able to have a place to have safe, and with the exception of PvP, it stays that way. Elements such as weather and disasters (if coded) should cause problems but not destroy protected items.

Players who require more protection may have to be forced to create alts as with other such benefits of having a paid account. How you use them is up the player and their pay packet.

Decay based on what materials you use for construction would be great. A tent will decay during rain and snow, a brick wall will last for decades.

In general I would like to see total entropy. As long as it is not just a monotonous time sink.

kiwibird wrote:
    Players who require more protection may have to be forced to create alts as with other such benefits of having a paid account. How you use them is up the player and their pay packet.
    Yeah, a unknown game is trying to be money hungry. Sounds like a great idea, could be the reason why Wurm Online's payment method never got it anywhere. Please lets not make this a Wurm Online clone, because Wurm Online is a failure. It shouldn't be who has the most money in their wallet, it should be who has the most skill.

Not Wurm... ATitD...