Thread: Tribal Upkeep

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re:Tribal Upkeep

Derek wrote:
    Think about it. If there is no downside to owning more tribal land, then it the largest clans can and will take over as much as the game lets them.

There needs to be a downside. It could be in the form of no instant travel so it becomes more difficult to defend all of your holdings the more you spread out. Upkeep would also deter this from happening.
    That's how it works in real life. Yeah, I know it's a game, but it's not an arena-based game. I say let large tribes try to take as much land as they can. As long as there is no instant travel option then it will be much more difficult for them to hold possesion of larger swaths of land. Smaller tribes could band together and try to beat the larger tribes through the principle of divide et impera - divide and conquer. Or through the use of guerilla tactics.

Re:Tribal Upkeep

mrcalhou wrote:
    That's how it works in real life. Yeah, I know it's a game, but it's not an arena-based game. I say let large tribes try to take as much land as they can. As long as there is no instant travel option then it will be much more difficult for them to hold possesion of larger swaths of land. Smaller tribes could band together and try to beat the larger tribes through the principle of divide et impera - divide and conquer. Or through the use of guerilla tactics.
    I agree and that is why I hope there is no fast travel between holdings.