Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tribe & Sacks Permission

Took a bunch of sacks with me when I left tribe, and joined another tribe. After placing sacks I have no permission's to pick up, or open sack. Now the sack is stuck where I've placed it w/ no clue who it belongs to.

Re:Tribe & Sacks Permission

lmao... Belongs to the Tribe you took it from... Should go return it lol.....

hi

Foresser let me know your possition ingame,I cna free object permissions.

Cya!

Sorry I had a problem and I must restart my computer

zeph wrote:
    lmao... Belongs to the Tribe you took it from... Should go return it lol.....
    Don't troll bugs forum.

Well, it is not your bags. So they do technically belong to those people.
    It's not trolling, that's just exposing you as a thief .

VeryWiiTee wrote:
    Technically you shouldn't be trolling my forum, for the items belong to my tribe players reroll and tribes do move. So before you go running your lips consider the possibility that it may be an issue for those moving items that previously belonged their group.

Now for the Dev team:

To elaborate the issue; Sacks are being picked up, moved across the map, and dumped to never be used again. Permission's are lost by abandoning Tribes, and removing friends. Yet you may be still carrying an item you cant use.

IMO: If any player "Pick up" one the permission should be reset to public. Tribal ownership should be available only when on tribal land for it is becoming tiresome to have sacks left all over the world. It really blows to drop them and not be able to use it.

The current temp. fix for this issue has been trading them before placement back and fourth, but we sometimes forget.

Foreseer wrote:
    VeryWiiTee wrote:
    Technically you shouldn't be trolling my forum, for the items belong to my tribe players reroll and tribes do move. So before you go running your lips consider the possibility that it may be an issue for those moving items that previously belonged their group.

Now for the Dev team:

To elaborate the issue; Sacks that are picked up can be moved across the map and dumped randomly to never be moved again. Thusly if any player "Pick up" one the permission should be reset to public. Tribal ownership should be available only when on tribal land. Is becoming tiresome to have all these players re-rolling and sacks left all over the world.

The current temp. fix for this issue has been trading them before placement back and fourth, but we sometimes forget.
    But setting them to tribal means They are the tribes now. You would be able to set them back. But you didnt. So when you left. You left with yuour tribes baskets.

Foreseer wrote:
    Took a bunch of sacks with me when I left tribe, and joined another tribe.
    Well, then I suggest you formulate your sentences a bit better. Because you clearly state you took some bags, before leaving the tribe, and joined a new tribe.
    - That is considered stealing in any sense. Not that it matters. The problem is you weren't aware of who owned the baskets before you took them.

That I let you use an item, does not equal me ALWAYS letting you use it and I certainly wouldn't let you use it if you weren't in my tribe. Ie. if I set permission to tribe and then leave it is still the tribes items. I gave it to them through permission -> like giving a present to someone, you don't reclaim do you?. If I am not in control of permission it is never my item, regardless of if I leave the tribe or not.
    Shouldn't be all that confuzzling really.

This issue HAS been stated several times, so you are the one trolling the entire forum with a new thread on an issue that is already been discussed and which is being removed soon.

And we are allowed to disagree with you, without having to troll a thread. I don't think this is an issue, I think it is very appropriate measures in a real-life based game.

When you set permissions to an object, you are changing who can access that object. You are still the owner and are the only person who can change the permissions again or destroy the item.

An item set to friends, tribe or everyone can be picked up by anyone in those groups, but they don't gain ownership of the item. The only way to transfer ownership is trade the item to another person.

I believe the root of the problem is: there is no visual indicator of who originally made the item so they can modify the permissions. It is trial and error if you have a bunch of identical containers sitting close to one another.