Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re:How about soloplayer type?

I think Prelude is meant to bring people together and create gaming hubs in the world. Later as the hubs stabilize, we can get into more solo type play. Most of your pre-order and day 1 buyers will be MMO junkies who are used to group interaction.

Here are my 2 cents:

I believe that not all people would be surrounded by other people after an apocalypse and that there will be some people who are isolated. As such I think it would add realism to Xsyon if players could put up a tent or build a shanty to live in until they "find" other survivors. From there they can choose to continue their hermit life styles or join up with a tribe.

That way it gives players who aren't yet part of a tribe an opportunity to establish something of their own which they can call home until they find a tribe which they want to join. I think that this will address some of the main aspects of solo play that have been highlighted on the forums.

I envision this suggestion as such: you find yourself all alone and then go about ensuring your survival. You start off gathering materials to build shelter and then see to fresh water and food. This would be obtained via gathering berries, hunting game or fishing. Once the basic necessities are taken care of, the person will start improving the camp with skins, utensils, Terra-forming the land around the camp and creating protection or improve hunting tools/fishing tools.

From there he could explore and discover other survivors doing the same thing. They then move to a location and slowly gather more and more people and eventually form a tribe.

I think this would be the ideal introduction into a game like Xsyon aiding immersion and providing an interesting new player experience.

BLinDDeniaL wrote:
    Here are my 2 cents:

I believe that not all people would be surrounded by other people after an apocalypse and that there will be some people who are isolated. As such I think it would add realism to Xsyon if players could put up a tent or build a shanty to live in until they "find" other survivors. From there they can choose to continue their hermit life styles or join up with a tribe.

That way it gives players who aren't yet part of a tribe an opportunity to establish something of their own which they can call home until they find a tribe which they want to join. I think that this will address some of the main aspects of solo play that have been highlighted on the forums.

I envision this suggestion as such: you find yourself all alone and then go about ensuring your survival. You start off gathering materials to build shelter and then see to fresh water and food. This would be obtained via gathering berries, hunting game or fishing. Once the basic necessities are taken care of, the person will start improving the camp with skins, utensils, Terra-forming the land around the camp and creating protection or improve hunting tools/fishing tools.

From there he could explore and discover other survivors doing the same thing. They then move to a location and slowly gather more and more people and eventually form a tribe.

I think this would be the ideal introduction into a game like Xsyon aiding immersion and providing an interesting new player experience.
    Just getting into Xsyon so behind the times, but I think this is a very valid and immersive point. But I guess it depends on where characters start out at. In reality mistrust will be a survivalists response to anyone they come across. Yes they would be excited to learn there are other survivors, but scared as hell as well.

I just stumbled into this thread and just wanted to add that if you are looking for a tribe that is solo/casual friendly, please consider the Nomads of Xsyon when looking for a tribe to call home. The Nomads of Xsyon were specifically designed to support players who prefer to play solo or have a more casual player type play style.

I, myself, go to school full time and, for the most part, have a full plate of chores and commitments that keep me really busy irl. I know many players are similarly busy which is why the Nomads of Xsyon where born. One of the best things about our tribe is that we act as a support group for each other for those instances when group play is required. So that when you are looking for players to turn to in those moments when you want company, or for those instances in which you will need help to complete a group quest, activity, or event, we will be there for each other to accomplish those tasks.

By design, our tribe structure is very "free-spirited" and relaxed. It does not require anyone to make unreasonable commitments of labor or time. Our motto is basically "do whatever you like, whenever you like, and however like."

If this sounds like you, then the Nomads of Xsyon are one option for a tribe to call home. Thank you.

I was wandering around in the green mist yesterday, and that stuff is pea soup thick.

It might be possible to simply live a nomad's life at the edge of the map and run into the mist to escape ambushers you can't fight off.

However bigger nastier creatures will be living there I believe, so fight skill and armor will likely need some work before this becomes viable.

Farmerbob wrote:
    It might be possible to simply live a nomad's life at the edge of the map and run into the mist to escape ambushers you can't fight off.

However bigger nastier creatures will be living there I believe, so fight skill and armor will likely need some work before this becomes viable.
    You forgot one major downside....the mist will be set to drain your health.

Xsyon Citizen

From what I have read this is not so much a solo game. I am sure some will try but it's meant as a social team PvP sandbox MMO. I could be wrong but from what I have read and what peeps have told me in game, tribes will be necessary.

What Virtus said about the green mist, it will eliminate people running into it away from PvP encounters.

Virtus wrote:
    Farmerbob wrote:

You forgot one major downside....the mist will be set to drain your health.
    It seems you may have thwarted Mr. Farmerbob's intent to keep the nomad population in check, Virtus. If so, you have saved nomad lives with the above warning. No doubt, we would have eventually come to the same conclusion, but it would have been at the cost of a dwindling nomad population.

Mr. Farmerbob? Explain yourself sir. Far be it from the nomads to question the intent behind your advice. Is a summoms before a Nomad Council in your future?

Ashanti wrote:
    The Nomads of Xsyon were specifically designed to support players who prefer to play solo or have a more casual player type play style.
    ... I know many players are similarly busy which is why the Nomads of Xsyon where born. One of the best things about our tribe is that we act as a support group for each other for those instances when group play is required. So that when you are looking for players to turn to in those moments when you want company, or for those instances in which you will need help to complete a group quest, activity, or event, we will be there for each other to accomplish those tasks.
    That is exactly the reason I have chosen the Nomads of beeing my favourite tribe. B)

Snake wrote:
    That is exactly the reason I have chosen the Nomads of beeing my favourite tribe. B)
    Thank you Snake and welcome to the tribe