Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re:How about soloplayer type?

I think this is something to seriously take into consideration. One thing I loved about Haven and Hearth is I could wander off miles and miles in any direction and fine my own little corner by the river.

I would start by plugging away at a few baskets to store things in and with a little elbow grease and a campfire or two I could eventually clear chop my own little nook in the world and build my own little cabin. It took time, but it was possible with determination.

The feeling of solitude and accomplishment when you can form your own piece of paradise is definitely worth allowing in this game. Even if we cannot build real structures at least let us hermits have a decent yurt (tent) or at the very least a leanto. Even the ability to build fences. (honestly I'd like to be able to see the ability to clear land/plow/laystone and even lowgrade terraforming outside the limits of a tribe, but I'll take what I can get.)

Of course there's a risk associated with this survivalist experience, but it's worth it. You have to be clever and you'll end up quite tough and rough around the edges.

Fences, small dwellings, all doable.

You could always live in a tree or a under a tree stump... sounds really fun :unsure:

@Saeb: Yes, I agree, solo players should have some possibilities too. But you may check out the Nomads of Xsyon tribe, the roster tells to be a homestead for solo player too.

I have a deep hate for people invading Massive multi-player online begging for soloer type environements , not everything is group-only in mmo's , that does not mean everything should be soloable. 2 minds are better than 1, and teamwork will make you progress in this game, it's in the feature list. That's how you play a ROLE within a society.

At some point you will be able to play some free account in some roaming Bear , until i kill you to feed my tribe.

Ever thought that you might just experience solo play trough tribe life anyways ?

REVKhA wrote:
    I have a deep hate for people invading Massive multi-player online begging for soloer type environements , not everything is group-only in mmo's , that does not mean everything should be soloable. 2 minds are better than 1, and teamwork will make you progress in this game, it's in the feature list. That's how you play a ROLE within a society.

At some point you will be able to play some free account in some roaming Bear , until i kill you to feed my tribe.

Ever thought that you might just experience solo play trough tribe life anyways ?
    Did you even read the thread?

The point of this type of game is to play and develop how you want to, the more artificial constraints you have the further from that vision you get.

What would stop me from going out and camping in the forest while I raise my foraging skills? Maybe I like it there and want to build my own outpost?

Does that make it a single player game?

I honestly think the term soloable has no place in this kind of game anyway. It's an old mindset of linear leveling paths, quest-lines and point A to point B raiding systems.

This is more of an existence with so many facets that to pidgeon hole yourself into TRIBE vs SOLO would severely cripple your potential to experience what can actually happen in a world as open and wonderful as Xsyon.

Saeb wrote:
    Did you even read the thread?
    There is no hope for the ignorant, Saeb