Trekkan wrote:
Back to the topic of PvP
The reason I created this topic was to highlight that PvP, PvE, the player-driven economy, and even the skill system are intertwined. I'm not saying that combat mechanics are unimportant. Indeed, I think they are very important, otherwise I'd be playing Eve right now.

I just want to make sure that the Devs are going to keep the systems in mind as a whole and not as individual pieces. A lot of the things I read on the forums from other players seem fairly narrow-sighted to me. Especially when we can refer to past games and see what systems work well together and what doesn't work so well.

In regards to your comment about aiming, there doesn't appear to be firearms coming anytime soon. I like the idea of getting hit in certain spots giving a sort of debuff to something. Perhaps if this is ever implemented certain weapons (within the same weapon/armor type to help with differentiating the equipment used and prevent the game from only having one viable sword or axe or armor piece) would have bonuses to certain one and certain armors could have bonuses to protection against these.