Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Architect and terraform controlled w/ Tribe Ranks

The architecture skill and terraforming needs to be controlled with tribe ranks. Basically, it needs to be so that you can set what tribe rank is allowed to set architecture items and terraform.

Also, the tribe leader should be able to destroy any architect item regardless of whether or not he/she is an architect.

Re:Architect and terraform controlled w/ Tribe Ranks

Once the game goes live, any tribe area based skill like Architecture, Masonry, or Terraforming will be limited by the amount of work you can do in a tribe's area. There is only a finite amount of space, and once you are done building, then what do you do?

A smart tribe will assign these tasks/skills to only a couple of members, though important, the space restrictions will limit what can be continuously built in a tribe's area.

For solo players, I can't see them wasting their crafting skill slot in the beginning on woodcraft, masonry, or architecture as these are group related skills.

Kitsume wrote:
    Once the game goes live, any tribe area based skill like Architecture, Masonry, or Terraforming will be limited by the amount of work you can do in a tribe's area. There is only a finite amount of space, and once you are done building, then what do you do?

A smart tribe will assign these tasks/skills to only a couple of members, though important, the space restrictions will limit what can be continuously built in a tribe's area.

For solo players, I can't see them wasting their crafting skill slot in the beginning on woodcraft, masonry, or architecture as these are group related skills.
    Here's a scenerioe- you logout and someone terraforms the crap out of your area- then you hve to fix it- even if you kcik the player out- the next person could come along and do the same thing.

KeithStone wrote:
    ... Also, the tribe leader should be able to destroy any architect item regardless of whether or not he/she is an architect.
    No. Its not right. Only the architect should be able to do that. Or maybe we should grant all skills to the tribe leader???

If something needs to be destroyed, the tribe leader will instruct an architect to do that. Simple.

Xsyon Citizen

prokop15 wrote:
    How 'bout you just don't recruit trolls and spies?
    I agree 100%. :woohoo:

The ability to deconstruct is coming soon. I think the capability to build or remove things should be roles granted by the tribe leader.

Except maybe for some type of dead system for homes, I think that no structures should owned by only the builder.

joexxxz wrote:
    [quote]KeithStone wrote:
    ... Also, the tribe leader should be able to destroy any architect item regardless of whether or not he/she is an architect.
    No. Its not right. Only the architect should be able to do that. Or maybe we should grant all skills to the tribe leader???

well, I disagree.

KeithStone wrote:
    [quote]joexxxz wrote:
    KeithStone wrote:

well, I disagree.

Being able to remove something does not require all skills. That’s a false dilemma.
    At some point everyone will be able to remove everyone else’s structures, by that I mean destroy.

But most of the problem could be solved by limiting construction to a tribe role that can be allowed/ disallowed. The big thing is, a tribe may not want someone building random stuff in the wrong place then going away for a month.

Re: Architect and terraform controlled w/ Tribe Ranks

I agree with the original post.

I was going to request this as well. If anyone that has the skills can build/destroy buildings, waking up one day because someone decided to be an asshat, everything you've worked for is gone... not cool.

Sure, idiots can say "Don't recruit trolls", but the fact is, not everyone shows their true colors to begin with and that's not the fault of anyone doing the recruiting.

Tribe leaders are leaders are leaders, bottom line. What they says goes. If that's deleting an asset, they should be able to do it on their lands.

They should also be able to set the permissions for building at a specific rank/person.

If you don't agree, that's fine, let your members do anything they want, suggestions here wouldn't stop that. Those of us who don't want that, let us have what we want as well.