Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re:Reduce Tribe Minimum

VeryWiiTee wrote:
    Keep searching and you shall find .
    Btw, it was reduced to 3 persons and then upgraded to 5 persons and will be increased to 10 after prelude (which is appropriate) you need a bit of people before you can call it 'a tribe'.. Until then you are just a bunch gathered together, no?
    But yet, you can't build really anything because you need to be in a tribe. In addition, you don't really own any land. It should be reduced back to three players for a tribe. Otherwise, this is not very user friendly for newcomers. It's almost as if they're "required" to join a tribe or town in order to even play the game.

If I knew that I'd have to rely on people in order to even play the game, I might as well not even bought it. I only bought it because I thought I could create a tribe with a few of my friends and then continue from there. However, I'mma be required to have ten players to do that? You must be out of your mind...

You'll only need the minimum number of players to start your tribe, be it 10, 5 or 3. After that your tribe size can reduce down to 2 if you have people leave.

So you could get together with some other small tribes and take turns forming tribes, or find some helpful people from larger tribes to make the numbers to plant your totem.

But very small tribes are going to find themselves at a disadvantage since they won't be able to cover all the necessary crafts needed for supporting building different structures.

trenixdecease wrote:
    VeryWiiTee wrote:
    Keep searching and you shall find .
    Btw, it was reduced to 3 persons and then upgraded to 5 persons and will be increased to 10 after prelude (which is appropriate) you need a bit of people before you can call it 'a tribe'.. Until then you are just a bunch gathered together, no?
    But yet, you can't build really anything because you need to be in a tribe. In addition, you don't really own any land. It should be reduced back to three players for a tribe. Otherwise, this is not very user friendly for newcomers. It's almost as if they're "required" to join a tribe or town in order to even play the game.

If I knew that I'd have to rely on people in order to even play the game, I might as well not even bought it. I only bought it because I thought I could create a tribe with a few of my friends and then continue from there. However, I'mma be required to have ten players to do that? You must be out of your mind...
    There is no need for insults, really.

Otherwise, I agree with you. I can't see any disadvantages of small tribes, but there are a lot of positive side. If 1 player was allowed to found a tribe that would solve the problem for solo players too, without any new coding.

To avoid problems with overlapping tribe areas there should be a minimum distance between 2 tribe totems, so a tribe wouldn't be able to place its tribe area right beside another tribe's territory. This distance should be big enough to allow the tribes to grow to like 30-40 members without reaching the neighbour tribe's area.

Xsyon wrote:
    And what would stop a large tribe from starting a bunch of small groups and then becoming 1 large one with a massive amount of territory.
    They won't be able to overlap tribal lands or even have them touch, so it won't function as a single tribe.
    That won't really matter though. As long as people can communicate with each other than it could effectively work as 1 tribe. I don't mean with just in-game chat boxes, either. I also wouldn't bother with trying to limit groups from doing this. It just adds another dynamic to the game world for players.

Kitsume wrote:
    You'll only need the minimum number of players to start your tribe, be it 10, 5 or 3. After that your tribe size can reduce down to 2 if you have people leave.

So you could get together with some other small tribes and take turns forming tribes, or find some helpful people from larger tribes to make the numbers to plant your totem.

But very small tribes are going to find themselves at a disadvantage since they won't be able to cover all the necessary crafts needed for supporting building different structures.
    You've found a solution but it's still a dilemma. Also, players will eventually be able to learn other crafts. Therefore, one player will be able to do everything by himself if he chooses to do so. I've actually already scavenged many books.

To avoid problems with overlapping tribe areas there should be a minimum distance between 2 tribe totems, so a tribe wouldn't be able to place its tribe area right beside another tribe's territory. This distance should be big enough to allow the tribes to grow to like 30-40 members without reaching the neighbour tribe's area.
    This is already in place. I'm considering the smaller or even single person tribe but with some limitations (like larger buildings are for larger tribes, only real tribes can have quest totems etc.).

Xsyon wrote:
    I'm considering the smaller or even single person tribe but with some limitations (like larger buildings are for larger tribes, only real tribes can have quest totems etc.).
    It's better than nothing...

Xsyon wrote:
    I'm considering the smaller or even single person tribe but with some limitations (like larger buildings are for larger tribes, only real tribes can have quest totems etc.).

I really like this concept. It would give larger tribes a chance to work for an individual as a quest or even payment of sorts. Both smaller/single player tribe and multiplayer tribes would benefit.

i.e. Tribal leader is contacted by individual who wants a hut built...so he pays or makes agreement with tribal leader to send his people....tribal leader then makes quest to members to assist in building the hut.

You can create a tribe with 2 people... you just can't claim any land until you have 5

Kitsume wrote:

So we should manipulate game mechanics to get smaller tribes? I get your point though, you're just saying tribes can be 2 players now with some work and dodgy thinking.

@Xsyon, if smaller tribes were'nt allowed bigger buildings, for example, would it still be the same totem used, just need to have member count higher?