Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Raggedy Dang Tailor =/

I was just thinking about my tailor. What is my tailor doing wearing such ragged cloths? With so many different colors and types of fabric why can't I make a pair of jeans without crappy patches on the knees? I would settle for being able to make the same models as the starter gear(without the patches) and just let me pick the color by which fabric I use. I really just want to be able to tailor some new clothes (not armor) so I can throw away this crap. I mean hell, I can make almost every type of cloth armor, I would think I could figure out how these jeans I am wearing or this shirt I have had on for months or even years was made. :dry:

Re:Raggedy Dang Tailor =/

it's an apocalypse- makes sense to me.

You will, This is on the way. I would post a link, But I relly not sure where I read it, But I know I saw that we will have more than just armor.

KeithStone Wrote:
    it's an apocalypse- makes sense to me.
    It is Post-apocalypse and I don't see how it makes any more or less sense than being able to craft any of the armor out of the same stock of resources without it looking like patchwork or all raggedy. :huh:

aliksteel Wrote:
    You will, This is on the way. I would post a link, But I relly not sure where I read it, But I know I saw that we will have more than just armor.
    Thanks, I can't wait to see a better looking Master Tailor.

The colors suck. There are to many of them. Your picking out of a junkpile. So it prolly stained with shit. We should have to bleach everything in some way then stain them with berries or somthing. Get rid of all those colors. And make your own

12 colors is great, it allows for plenty of customization and when you are sorting scrap, you have about the same rates as compared to Scrap Leather and Scrap Metal of getting something you need. The only downside to it, is that sometimes you need to make 12 cloth tarps for that chief tent, which requires 38 fabric of 1 color (though, by the point you have that, you'll be able to ask 'In What Color?').

Darenkel wrote:
    12 colors is great, it allows for plenty of customization and when you are sorting scrap, you have about the same rates as compared to Scrap Leather and Scrap Metal of getting something you need. The only downside to it, is that sometimes you need to make 12 cloth tarps for that chief tent, which requires 38 fabric of 1 color (though, by the point you have that, you'll be able to ask 'In What Color?').
    yes I think a better and easier way though. Is to be able to make your 12 colors thru dyies.

Then here, let's go to the market and get some white cloth that we can dye... oh right, I forgot, there is a reason that it is called 'Scrap Cloth'... because it is scraps! Also, bleach is a chemical that requires technology (that we don't have) to make... so, at least the current system is realistic...

Darenkel wrote:
    Then here, let's go to the market and get some white cloth that we can dye... oh right, I forgot, there is a reason that it is called 'Scrap Cloth'... because it is scraps! Also, bleach is a chemical that requires technology (that we don't have) to make... so, at least the current system is realistic...
    I didnt actually say "bleach" them. I said in some way figure how to. Not really meaning the chemical. maybe there is no way. Never really checked into how native american egytians ect. did any of that stuff.
    So if there is no way then how bout just have a select few of colors and them dye them to make your other custom color that people would want.
    It doesnt matter to me really anyways. I aam not a tailor. I was just helping one out and thinking of a better way this could be done. Like you said trying to get 12 tarps in the same color is a pain. But then again. It is for a chief.