Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Long time Gamer interested (wall text)

So I have been looking for a new MMO for awhile and 1st I came across a couple F2P's but they just don't have the depth and fun that a P2P usually has except for what turbine has done as well as everquest 2 extended both great stuff. So I decided to look for new games like where it required skill to fight like a shooter well 1st I came across Fallen earth played it for awhile... It was good but since they had to get rid of some employees usually points to downward sipral to a MMO fail from what I have learned. But none the less it was a good game. So I was looking around for PVP mmo where there was no levels and classes and I got darkfall online I loved many of it features and free expansions. But I still wanted a Post apoc. because of too much fanasty so I found Xsyon now at 1st it didn't look that great but now I look back and idk what happened but the game looks great now and features as well.

I just have a few question's because I a PVPer

1.I understand what you see On a person you can loot also same for mobs. So in PVP I can loot the person I killed like there gun?

2.Open world PVP like I know there consquences and such like evil side but I cant just kill someone anywhere I want just because I feel like it. Kinda like in Darkfall where PVP anywhere even teamates.

3. I heard you can tame animals and such, I am guessing you can turn em into mounts. Is there mounted combat? If so what weapons can I use?

4.So I hear you can modify the world such as build towns and raise and lower land which sounds kool but for my town will I be able to have town gate so I for at least a little bit durining a raid on my town.

6.this PVE related I know. But will the AI of the mobs like will some bandits lets say in a shootout between player will the bandits use cover and try to flank the players?

7. my last question for now is when I hit some one in back does it do more damage or same and how many headshots on average does it take 2 kill someone?

Re: Long time Gamer interested (wall text)

Ill try to answer a few questions. To the best of my knowledge, and what I have been told and remember.

1. If you kill someone then yes, you can loot what they have on them, all of it if you want, and if they had a gun, you could take it, but I doubt they will have a gun anytime soon.

2. Not sure if there is a question. But the way PvP will generally work, is based on a system of alignments. Doing evil things will grab you an evil alignment.

3. Taming has not been released yet but will be before prelude launches. But there are talks of mounts after taming has been released. As for combat, not too many discussions there.

4. You can Terraform tribal land. Build walls on tribal land as well. Tribal towns however will not be attackable until after prelude. But gates are planned, for during prelude.

5. There are no guns for prelude, and probably will not be any for some time. Range weapons will be in for prelude however.

6. For the time being, at least during prelude, all the mobs have been animals, with their lesser intelligence.

7. There are plans for locational damage, but it is unclear if they have been implemented in this pre-prelude phase of the game. But as far as I know, directional damage is not.

Re:Long time Gamer interested (wall text)

1.I understand what you see On a person you can loot also same for mobs. So in PVP I can loot the person I killed like there gun?
    yes

2.Open world PVP like I know there consquences and such like evil side but I cant just kill someone anywhere I want just because I feel like it. Kinda like in Darkfall where PVP anywhere even teamates.
    Unlike darkfall, tribes have to select their alignment status- so your tribe has to pick if it's going to be evil, neutral, and good. If you are not in a tribe and you murder people then you become a red like in Darkfall- however they haven't really said how you become good again.

3. I heard you can tame animals and such, I am guessing you can turn em into mounts. Is there mounted combat? If so what weapons can I use?
    You will be able to tame animals, but it's not working yet in game and I haven't seen them say much about this yet.

4.So I hear you can modify the world such as build towns and raise and lower land which sounds kool but for my town will I be able to have town gate so I for at least a little bit durining a raid on my town.
    They have lots of things that you can build right now, not sure if a gate is one of them.

6.this PVE related I know. But will the AI of the mobs like will some bandits lets say in a shootout between player will the bandits use cover and try to flank the players?
    The only mobs in this game will be cretures, like wolves, bears, zombies, etc. There's no human AI, but as far as how complex the AI will be I'm sure it will get better as the game gets more developed.

7. my last question for now is when I hit some one in back does it do more damage or same and how many headshots on average does it take 2 kill someone?
    You will be able to target multiple body parts, I'm assuming in th head will do more damage. Darkfall kept it simple with only front and back hit boxes, this game is more complex.

Just as an example, I've been attacked by bears and I noticed that they hit me in the legs first and then my face. I guess they are trying to slow me down by hitting my legs first.

Your personal alignment can be different from that of your tribe depending on your actions.

Yes, the world is open PvP including own tribe. In order to enter combat mode you have to push "c" default, so this stops any accidental stabbings for the most part.

Currently tribe area are safe zones for good and neutral tribes but that will change once prelude is over.

All buildings etc in game will be created by the players. There will not be a noobie starter town.

Alright thanks so the idea of game for now is to grow and get stronger so after prelude the game will have vets to help new players I take it. So things evolve and eventually we will have guns and cars and such I take it.

just few more questions

1. the aging mechanic how does it work and is there some way to get younger again because I don't wanna work hard for my character to die off.

2.OK the weight feature with how you can get fat and such this sounds OK but how does this work fully?

3. Death in the prelude how does it work fully because if gonna PVP I dont wanna be killed by some camper at my re spawn where even it is and be killed repeatedly till I die for good.

4.So we will have ranged weapons in Prelude such as Bow, cross bow, Javelin, throwing axe?

5. Idk if in prelude or after but some kind of bounty hunter system. like a board where player goes and picks another players request for some player to die or just be looted of something of extreme value such as idk the deed to the tribes land. Idk if you will have one or not but I hate how other MMOs have bounty hunter missions even when player and i go kill em and o look he respawns a minute later and all i get is what 2 pieces of gold(which often isn't much)

Your winning me over here quicker than I like with how player affects world and such but I ask a bit more

1.) don't worry natural death would not occur for many RL years, about 7. by that point there will be other....options.

2.) Just like in real life: you eat to much you get fat, you eat too little you get skinny.

3.) Those in a tribe will respawn at the tribe. Evil people get teleported there, good people respawn at the location in which they died and have the chance to move away from the area before spawning back in. For prelude tribe areas are safe zone and there is spawn protection.

4.) Not sure when they will be implemented. I know Jooky said the stuff was almost ready for them.

5.) There will be a bounty system. Players will go to thier totem set a bounty and hunters can complete them.

good to hear!

How does sneaking work like i lay down or crouch. because I like to be a NINJA

Also later in the game will there be turrets?

Ok um one thing I forgot now Idk if you have it but a way to do it even if you don't have feature I have way to fix at same time.

MOUNT HIJACKING FTW ever since I saw it in DF it freaking awsesome lol

Now idk if it in or not but id like to see it so a players horse or car in future gets hijack because well you didnt leave it in right spot. Well go to nearest town with a garage or something similiar and higher some REPO MEN who will send a private msg to the player that stole it giving them 2 minutes to leave it so the repo men can come pick it up.

So depending on how many Repo men you higher lets say you can have max 15 if your ride means that much. They spawn close to the player who stole it but not too close so it dont seem like they teleported there. Than that player can choose to fight off the Repo men and try to keep the ride. Now if the player who stole it beats em well that player can keep it till more Repo men come again once the player who was stole from highers some more. Otherwise the player who lost ther ride by then wasted enough mula realizing they could of made 3 more mounts/cars.

Also forgot Um id like to see multi mounts in future as well.

But perhaps expanding the land to the ocean and having naval combat would be kool kinda like DF's ship combat I know dawntide doing this and kingdoms heros(F2P)

As a side note would you consider a possible F2P model a little while after launch or from launch similar to what turbine has done and what everquest2 extended becuase I actually put more mula into those each than I have in world of warcaft the 2 years i played lol and i didnt think so either

Mount high jacking / ride stealing to simplify. I also explain a way to retrieve that stolen ride/mount with a concept of REPO MEN the player highers to go retrive there ride/mount. That simpliest way to put.