Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re:[Combat] Dodge/Parry

Derek wrote:
    Illmaculate wrote:
    This would be a good idea if you wanted the game to take zero skill.
    Pretty much this. The less passive/random dice rolling in combat, the better.
    Exactly. In the combat thread I've mentioned some possible ways in which skills could improve dodging and blocking, but it shouldn't be with % chances.

All I'm saying is that the current system doesn't really add too much skill into the combat, if any. Sure, you can do a bit more, but it's just annoying more than entertaining. I find it rather pointless and easy to master. Also, it's not very user friendly for newcomers.

trenixdecease wrote:
    All I'm saying is that the current system doesn't really add too much skill into the combat, if any. Sure, you can do a bit more, but it's just annoying more than entertaining. I find it rather pointless and easy to master. Also, it's not very user friendly for newcomers.
    having a percent or chance roll takes even more skill away from things. Also you seem pretty sure of yourself master warrior

Xx1327 wrote:
    trenixdecease wrote:
    having a percent or chance roll takes even more skill away from things. Also you seem pretty sure of yourself master warrior
    You click a button at a certain time, congratulations. That makes you a master warrior. Now go tell everyone so they could all figure out that the current system isn't a real skill, its just annoying.

trenixdecease wrote:
    Xx1327 wrote:
    trenixdecease wrote:
    You click a button at a certain time, congratulations. That makes you a master warrior. Now go tell everyone so they could all figure out that the current system isn't a real skill, its just annoying.
    LMAO Maybe you should fight a few players before you decide how "easy" it is.