Dodge/blocking Keybindings

Would it possible for us to be able to set it so that we can initiate a dodge by double-tapping a movement key, in addition to the way it currently is?

Also, with regards to blocking. The way it is set up now, it's not exactly convenient or comfortable to set blocking to RMB if you have two weapons. My suggestion would be having it so that it would be possible for us to bind blocking to LMB+RMB, what I mean by this is that if you hold down both buttons at the same time then you'll bring your weapons up to block. Again, in addition to the way it's set-up now.

Added to official list ~KiwiBird

Re:Dodge/blocking Keybindings

mrcalhou wrote:
    Would it possible for us to be able to set it so that we can initiate a dodge by double-tapping a movement key, in addition to the way it currently is?

Also, with regards to blocking. The way it is set up now, it's not exactly convenient or comfortable to set blocking to RMB if you have two weapons. My suggestion would be having it so that it would be possible for us to bind blocking to LMB+RMB, what I mean by this is that if you hold down both buttons at the same time then you'll bring your weapons up to block. Again, in addition to the way it's set-up now.
    Perhaps some use could be made of the center mouse button too? I think almost all mouse' have one these days.

Added to official list ~KiwiBird

mrcalhou wrote:

^^^^^ this plus a million!!!!! ^^^^^

That's how it should be set up. For me at least. I HATE using the alt and ctrl keys for combat. I use ALT for ducking :P That's just me though.

Kinslayer wrote:
    mrcalhou wrote:

Perhaps some use could be made of the center mouse button too? I think almost all mouse' have one these days.
    I like to use the middle mouse button to change between combat and passive modes. In any case, I'd prefer for them to open up the mouse and keyboard for keybindings.

The reason I suggested the double tapping movement key and holding both mouse buttons in (or both combat keys) for blocking with two weapons, is because it'd give players more options with what they are comfortable with, without breaking the game.

Sounds feasible. I've never played with controls set like that, but I can imagine that would be pretty user friendly.

Aye, I haven't either. But I was looking at my 360 controller while playing Fallout: New Vegas and was thinking about how I hold down the left trigger to aim and then the right trigger to fire and then thought that holding down both buttons to block with two melee weapons wouldn't be much different since you don't need to hold down a button to focus your aim with a melee weapon. Of course, if you have a shield bound to one arm then that button alone should be enough to block.

Having the keys configured in such a way could possibly even open up different combinations for melee moves with 2-handed weapons, 1-handed/unarmed, and 1-handed/shield. I never actually thought much about melee systems since I use range weaponary when availble in games