Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Eating From Basket

Sounds to me like someone just wants to be lazy... Here, let's cut some long logs before the tree is felled...

Hyip wrote:
    What kinslayer is trying to say. Is that in order to eat it you need to pick it up out of the basket. which in this game means you need to put it in yours. So no i dont agree with you saying you should be able to eat it from the basket. You should have to eat it from yours. How freakn hard is that to do anyways?
    I understand what he is saying, but the problem is that it's annoying. In Wurm Online I was able to eat from a backpack without taking the food from the backpack and putting it into my inventory. It's pointless, if you want to be "logically" correct, I've already mentioned that in order to be "logically" correct, you should have to put the food in your hands before you could eat it. Why do you find my suggestion incorrect when the current system is also incorrect?

Darenkel wrote:
    Sounds to me like someone just wants to be lazy... Here, let's cut some long logs before the tree is felled...
    Now you're just blowing things out of proportion.

trenixdecease wrote:
    Hyip wrote:
    What kinslayer is trying to say. Is that in order to eat it you need to pick it up out of the basket. which in this game means you need to put it in yours. So no i dont agree with you saying you should be able to eat it from the basket. You should have to eat it from yours. How freakn hard is that to do anyways?
    I understand what he is saying, but the problem is that it's annoying. In Wurm Online I was able to eat from a backpack without taking the food from the backpack and putting it into my inventory. It's pointless, if you want to be "logically" correct, I've already mentioned that in order to be "logically" correct, you should have to put the food in your hands before you could eat it. Why do you find my suggestion incorrect when the current system is also incorrect?

Darenkel wrote:
    Now you're just blowing things out of proportion.

No offence but i just dont see how it even the slight annoyence. All you have to do is have your basket in your hotbar hit whatever number it and open the bag that the fish arein. eat it and return the stack. And once unstacking is in game you will only have half the actions.

Re:Eating From Basket

I can see where the problem lies with the current system. If you have a large stack of food in a storage bin you have to put it in your pack to eat one piece, then move the stack back once you are done eating.

I think once we can split stacks, this will be less of a problem.

Hyip wrote:
    No offence but i just dont see how it even the slight annoyence. All you have to do is have your basket in your hotbar hit whatever number it and open the bag that the fish arein. eat it and return the stack. And once unstacking is in game you will only have half the actions.
    Because it's a few extra steps that have no real purpose. Rather than doing any of that, just open the basket, right click > Eat. It' more user friendly and less time consuming.

trenixdecease wrote:
    Hyip wrote:
    Because it's a few extra steps that have no real purpose. Rather than doing any of that, just open the basket, right click > Eat. It' more user friendly and less time consuming.
    So if we can eat from a basket then we should be able to craft out of one also. Same rules apply

Hyip wrote:
    So if we can eat from a basket then we should be able to craft out of one also. Same rules apply
    No they don't, tools don't vanish after you use em.

trenixdecease wrote:
    Hyip wrote:
    No they don't, tools don't vanish after you use em.
    But you are using your hands to use them. just like you do to eat.
    But i dont care what you say after this cause this is stupid

Hyip wrote:
    But you are using your hands to use them. just like you do to eat.
    But i dont care what you say after this cause this is stupid
    Actually, you don't use your hands because it's not placed in your hands when you use em. I'm not saying food should no longer be eaten in your inventory, but it should also be eaten inside of your container's inventory. Don't know how this really affects your gameplay.

Semantics effects everything and everyone. Cynicism affects only yourself. Coherent thought can infect anyone.