Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Eating From Basket

Players should be able to eat from the basket. There is no reason for a player to have to put the fish (or whatever) in their inventory before they eat it.

Re:Eating From Basket

trenixdecease wrote:
    Players should be able to eat from the basket. There is no reason for a player to have to put the fish (or whatever) in their inventory before they eat it.
    agreed

/signed

Im not sure if I agree with this, especially if changing this then means you can use tools or resources straight from the basket then too. You should definitely have to take those things out first to use them, so why should food be different? Its not like you would stick your head in the basket, so you should take it out of the basket first to eat it.

Unfortunately, just the way games work, that your inventory is sort of like your hands as well, in a way.

Kinslayer wrote:
    Im not sure if I agree with this, especially if changing this then means you can use tools or resources straight from the basket then too.
    I've never said that. Food isn't a tool which is why it deserves such an improvement. No point of picking up food then eating it. It vanishes once eaten anyway, so it's only purpose is to vanish in the inventory once you put it in it. So yes, food should have an exception.

Kinslayer wrote:
    Unfortunately, just the way games work, that your inventory is sort of like your hands as well, in a way.
    Unfortunately, the inventory is not "like it's in your hands". Nice way to contradict yourself, what you're asking for now is for the player to physically put the fish in his hand before he eats it. So technically, you don't even agree with the current system, but at the same time you do. I guess I'm just the better smart ass.

trenixdecease wrote:
    Kinslayer wrote:
    Im not sure if I agree with this, especially if changing this then means you can use tools or resources straight from the basket then too.
    I've never said that. Food isn't a tool which is why it deserves such an improvement. No point of picking up food then eating it. It vanishes once eaten anyway, so it's only purpose is to vanish in the inventory once you put it in it. So yes, food should have an exception.

Kinslayer wrote:
    Unfortunately, the inventory is not "like it's in your hands". Nice way to contradict yourself, what you're asking for now is for the player to physically put the fish in his hand before he eats it. So technically, you don't even agree with the current system, but at the same time you do. I guess I'm just the better smart ass.
    What the fuck are you talking about? Seriously! You cant just stick your face in a basket and grab a fish gooneegoogoo style and eat the fish. You need to pick it up first to put it to your mouth and eat it. Unless you would prefer to equip every fucking thing we eat, I would just be happy with putting it in our inventory to eat it, like every other GD game.

Ok when u open the basket on the ground, it will display what is inside. So when right clicking on the food, and then select "eat", that is much more convenient way. Rather then put it in your backpack and then eat it
    I dont get whats the problem is all about ???

Yeh, I get that. I just dont agree with it, and gave my reason why. Im not sure why people think your thick just cos you disagree with them around here. This is the "SUGGESTION" forum, and I am just giving my feedback, sheesh.

Kinslayer wrote:
    What the fuck are you talking about? Seriously! You cant just stick your face in a basket and grab a fish gooneegoogoo style and eat the fish. You need to pick it up first to put it to your mouth and eat it. Unless you would prefer to equip every fucking thing we eat, I would just be happy with putting it in our inventory to eat it, like every other GD game.
    What are you talking about, you can't just stick your face into your pack to eat it. You need to first place it in your hand and then you gotta right click and eat it. "Unless you would prefer to equip every fuckin' thing we eat", I would just be happy with leaving it in the basket to eat it, so it wouldn't be annoying.

Do you see where I'm getting at?

What kinslayer is trying to say. Is that in order to eat it you need to pick it up out of the basket. which in this game means you need to put it in yours. So no i dont agree with you saying you should be able to eat it from the basket. You should have to eat it from yours. How freakn hard is that to do anyways?