Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Encombrance

Re:Encombrance

Jadzia wrote:
    gegezerg wrote:
    Ok, that's great, do you know how to increase these stats in game other than when you create your character?
    By leveling up you get stat points you can allocate. But with 90 str and 90 agility with max encumbrance you still move in like slow motion. The difference is that if you don't have 90 str you can't move a heavy item at all.

Actually, physical stats points have to be allocated at character creation....skills can be increased by leveling up and by using them...but not stats like strength, agility etc.

You have to make choices....you either make a toon who can do massive load carry, or apply your points elsewhere...it's a choice whether you can carry 30 dirt or 50 before you can hardly move.
    Only you can decide if it's more important to you that you can be great at a craft, or great at carry capacity.

EDIT: I like that not everyone can do everything....

No remember. THIS IS A "SANDBOX GAME". It should be as real as possible. With some side affects...

joexxxz wrote:
    No remember. THIS IS A "SANDBOX GAME". It should be as real as possible. With some side affects...
    Sandbox just means it has no end and you can go anywhere and do whatever without being lead on a path by quests and being restricted by terrain, it doesn't have anything to do with realism.

Also I have a issue with this too, what is the point of having such large backpacks if you can't even fill them? There is no point to having so many packs or being able to carry the baskets on your back if you can't fill them without walking like a snail.

gegezerg wrote:
    joexxxz wrote:
    Sandbox just means it has no end and you can go anywhere and do whatever without being lead on a path by quests and being restricted by terrain, it doesn't have anything to do with realism.
    This, this, and this!

Not to mention, no matter what, you're playing in someone else's (Jordi's) sandbox. So no matter what, it's going to be one (or more) person's vision of what they want, what they think a sandbox is, etc.

Plus, if realism was so awesome, I'd be out mountain climbing instead of doing it in a game.

Deacon wrote:
    Actually, physical stats points have to be allocated at character creation....skills can be increased by leveling up and by using them...but not stats like strength, agility etc.

You have to make choices....you either make a toon who can do massive load carry, or apply your points elsewhere...it's a choice whether you can carry 30 dirt or 50 before you can hardly move.
    Only you can decide if it's more important to you that you can be great at a craft, or great at carry capacity.

Am I getting this right ? We can't earn physical stat points in game and can't reallocate them ? I hope I misunderstand this.

There has to be some physical stat increases through the game as you get better at running, jumping etc by doing these activities. Though you can't actually put points into running it would be interesting to keep track of agility / strength etc when running around and getting the skill increase message.

In other words since we can't actually put more points into these agility etc skills, are they being automatically increased when we gain Jumping / running skill?

Jadzia wrote:
    Deacon wrote:

Am I getting this right ? We can't earn physical stat points in game and can't reallocate them ? I hope I misunderstand this.
    I just leveled up in game, you get 10 Skill points to allocate to Skills only.. such as armed combat or running or fishing.. there is no way to put points into Str or agility. That is done from the character creation screen only. So what Deacon posted is confirmed and correct.

How much more weight do you want to be able to carry? You can already run with telephone poles on your back! I think it is fine the way it is. And for the attributes. I like how that is also. Why you got to be superman in everygame you play. your either a fighter a crafter or somewhere in the middle.