Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Encombrance

Encombrance

It just seems a little too much when it comes to Encumbrance. It's just too slow. Is there something I'm missing? Can we increase a stat so we can move faster with heavier loads? Strength? Running speed?

I played Wurm Online and that is something I hated about that game. When you carry a few items too much you move slower than syrup on a cold day.. I know that the game is trying to simulate real life but you have to remember that this is a "Game" and you should try to cater to both sides of it.

There just needs to be another means of carrying heavy loads across a distance. Taking 30 minutes to get to a place that is only 2 minutes away is just overkill.

Re:Encombrance

I agree there needs to be some type of cart or something for heavier loads.

I mean is there a stat that can be increased to compensate for this?

Strength increases carrying capacity and agility increases movement speed.

Ok, that's great, do you know how to increase these stats in game other than when you create your character?

you have to do it in character creation. and being encombured to the max is max weight. You try carrying your max weight and see how far you get.

Ok so then that reverts back to something needs to be done about this. Because come release people just aren't going to go for that type of slowness in game as far as moving about with items.

And also like I said before, this is a "Game" not rl nor a simulation. If it's labeled a simulation then sure by all means make it as real as possible. But otherwise something like this can be a game breaker for many people. It becomes a grind instead of fun, then people resort to macros and bots to get things done and we don't want that to happen.

gegezerg wrote:
    Ok, that's great, do you know how to increase these stats in game other than when you create your character?
    By leveling up you get stat points you can allocate. But with 90 str and 90 agility with max encumbrance you still move in like slow motion. The difference is that if you don't have 90 str you can't move a heavy item at all.

I can agree on some parts, there are a lot of things to be carried around. In some way I don't mind the encombrance. I just hope they add chariots, wagons and horses/donkeys that can carry containers for you. people are going to use them and that can only be positive for the game.

Jadzia wrote:
    gegezerg wrote:
    By leveling up you get stat points you can allocate. But with 90 str and 90 agility with max encumbrance you still move in like slow motion. The difference is that if you don't have 90 str you can't move a heavy item at all.
    Thanks for the reply.