Suggestion: Forging / Fishing

Foraging: Findable Worms
    Fishing: Optional Worms to greatly increase chances of catching fish. Increased chance of skill gain.

Kind of surprised fishing had no requirement for worms. This will help prevent macro fishing as well.

Re: Suggestion: Forging / Fishing

Great idea! Perhaps multiple bait types differing in difficulty to aquire, granting more or less chances of hooking fish. Perhaps the foraged baits should be in lots of 10 though? Rather than 1 worm at a time = 1 fish at a time, we could get overwhelmed with foraging for baits.

Re:Suggestion: Forging / Fishing

Love the idea, very clever. Maybe certain fish would bite certain baits more than others?

I was thinking about that too, but worms should be it's own resource. Maybe have it be called bugs, or bait. However, I was thinking that it should be only found with twigs and branches. Foraging to me is more like "food".

trenixdecease wrote:
    I was thinking about that too, but worms should be it's own resource. Maybe have it be called bugs, or bait. However, I was thinking that it should be only found with twigs and branches. Foraging to me is more like "food".
    Also when terraforming. have them pop up on resource menu. Can find all kinds of bugs when you dig.

Hyip wrote:
    trenixdecease wrote:
    Also when terraforming. have them pop up on resource menu. Can find all kinds of bugs when you dig.
    Interesting, maybe clearing land should spawn bait resources?

trenixdecease wrote:
    Hyip wrote:
    trenixdecease wrote:
    Interesting, maybe clearing land should spawn bait resources?
    Agreed, worms should be found only on dirt patches. This will prevent worms from interfering when searching for plants.

Foraging #3: the act of searching for provisions of any kind.

I like your ideas, but Jooky has already said he has plans for fishing. Not sure what them plans are, But what we have now is just something he put together for us to do for now.

aliksteel wrote:
    I like your ideas, but Jooky has already said he has plans for fishing. Not sure what them plans are, But what we have now is just something he put together for us to do for now.
    I see, I look forward to the changes. Finding it far too easy for me to just go afk with my g15 keyboard set to rightclick over the fishing icon.... Only thing that has been stopping me from filling my inventory is server crashes.