Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re:Bugs Tweaks and Suggestions List (My Feedback)

trenixdecease wrote:
    Apparently some people don't realize that certain functions need to be more user friendly.......I agree with you, you're not lazy, people just need to stop making this game frustrating like Wurm Online. It's the reason Wurm Online has never been successful and a low quality copy of it, Minecraft, has got more success that Wurm Online dreamed of having. It's all about being more user friendly and not wasting more time than is necessary.
    TOTALLY RIGHT. I stopped play SWG because it wasnt user friendly.
    The mind need to focus on the game play itself, rather then on little details like clicking alot and stuff like that.

Re: Bugs Tweaks and Suggestions List (My Feedback)

Read through your list. Most of the items you listed are already in-process. Only seen perhaps 3 relevant points, and will comment on #19.

#19: I agree with being able to change your stats in all eventuality, but disagree with the ability to completely reset. I feel that players should be able to relocate 50 or so points every X amount of character years. Perhaps completely changing your characters stat focus at a ripe age.

Love the idea of giving building more reasons to be other than to hold things. And I could see that this would be great for people working with-in ther tribal camps. But just in case you did not know, There is already a rest built into the game. "V" I think it is, Check out your bind keys to see. I don't think it's turned on yet.

Comfort levels havn't been implemented into game yet, and am guessing that housing will help restore it.

Foreseer wrote:
    Read through your list. Most of the items you listed are already in-process. Only seen perhaps 3 relevant points, and will comment on #19.

#19: I agree with being able to change your stats in all eventuality, but disagree with the ability to completely reset. I feel that players should be able to relocate 50 or so points every X amount of character years. Perhaps completely changing your characters stat focus at a ripe age.
    I understand that most of the things I posted are in process because I put it at the top of my thread

I just posted these things because I just came to Xsyon and I wanted to voice how My first impressions were as far as the game has developed so far and to just voice some of my suggestions.

The reasoning behind the complete reset is due to the fact that sometimes people make wrong choices and to put such a burden on someone right at the start of the game seems harsh. Most newer players wont find out that there is not any way to add to their str or agil except at the start of the game until later in game, and it would seem frustrating to have to re-roll trying to see what is right for you as a player.
    The ability to sculpt your character over time is a great mechanic that many games have when it comes to playing an MMO.

When I first started and was creating my character I just put my points evenly throughout all the attributes thinking, hey.. this is kinda like Diablo where when you level you can add to your str agil and such.. well much to my dismay I was playing for a couple days exploring and looking around and then finding out that you are not able to do so. So I know this is Beta so it didn't bother me much that I wasted 2 days not knowing something like this because I can just re-roll and redo the points but new players at release might not be so forgiving with a system like this.

I understand we all want a game that has a hardcore style to it and all that is great I enjoy that style of game play but my suggestions are made in a game industry business point of view also.

Games that are not user friendly or super hardcore usually have a small player base and tend not to make it very far. I'm just voicing what I have seen over the years in MMO's and games in general.

Those are just my thoughts on the stat allocation part of the game.

gegezerg wrote:
    When I first started and was creating my character I just put my points evenly throughout all the attributes thinking, hey.. this is kinda like Diablo where when you level you can add to your str agil and such.. well much to my dismay I was playing for a couple days exploring and looking around and then finding out that you are not able to do so. So I know this is Beta so it didn't bother me much that I wasted 2 days not knowing something like this because I can just re-roll and redo the points but new players at release might not be so forgiving with a system like this.
    So true... a stat development mechanic would make the game much more appealing to the younger generations (myself included).

gegezerg wrote:
    Ok, since I have been in Beta testing I have seen the following things that need Tweaking or that I have Suggestions for. This list is my opinion on things and please take it as that only.

I will Update this list as I come across more things in the game that I see or hear from others that may need Tweaking or just some really good suggestions that may be told to me but not actually posted.

I also know some of these things may have already been posted about or talked about among some of the Devs or Guides and I apologize for anything that may have been posted and I haven't seen. :P

1. Encombrance - Needs to be looked over in such a way as adding Carts/Wheelbarrows/Horses/Mules to increase the carrying capacity of the Player. Having Large Baskets or Packs with many slots but not being able to fill them makes the Packs also pretty pointless when you can only carry a few Items at one time.

3. Experience Bar - Perhaps putting some sort of Percent% or X / Y numbers. Sometimes it's nice to know exactly how much more you need or to determine what gives the most Exp for your character by testing your actions and looking at the numbers to compare them.

4. Bags / Windows - Being able to Open/Close Bags and Windows while performing actions like Fishing.

5. Trees - Perhaps possibly a Tool Tip on mouse over on what type of tree it is. I know it really doesn't matter at this point what type of tree it is besides how many logs they give when chopped, but perhaps there could be something like using a certain tree will have different properties on the Item made such as color or strength of a structure.

6. Character Name Tags - As of now they are Black in color and very very difficult to read. I have thought about the reasoning behind this and the only reason is PvP purposes. (Not being able to see the enemy coming or being able to sneak away from or around the enemy. But other than that I see no point to it. Half the time if it's not daylight out and they are not standing on a junk pile or branches I can't see who I'm talking to unless I click on them. Name Tags should be Green in color or Red if the other person is a Foe or your Tribe is at War with them.

7. Tribe Tags - This is a must..Yesterday I was Killed by another Tribe member because He had no Idea who I was or if I was in his Tribe. As of now there is no identification of who or what other players are to you.. Yes you can check your Tribe list to see if that person is in your tribe but think about it - You have to look at your tribe list - Try to actually see their black name to see who it is - if it's a new tribe member you have no Idea weather or not they are in your tribe or not. This could be fixed with Colored Name tags and Tribe Tags.

8. a.Log In Screen - When you log into the game you have to 1. Log in 2 times and 2. when you log in you see a blank character screen with just some stale background. When logged in you should be presented with your Character already selected and ready to log in, shouldn't have to select my one character that we all only have ONE of. So there is no point at all to even have the Characters name to be selected there. Just the Enter World/Delete/Create/Quit buttons.

9. Item Stacking/Separation - As it is now you are UNABLE to separate stacks of items. This can be very frustrating with items such as Flint. I have 2 flint but a Tribe member would like one but I can't give him just one, He has to be given the entire stack. Also with Items that are in storage, You have to take the entire stack out instead of just what you need. There should be a Shift+Right Click to bring up a window to separate item stacks.

10. Items of the same Kind Auto Stacking - When I have items in my Pack and I'm transferring then to a basket they do not auto stack with the corresponding item I must manually search for the correct stack and place the item on it. With the amount of Items and different names and icons that are so similar this makes it very difficult to do. I should be able to Right click an Item when I have my Pack open and a Container or basket and transfer the item to the correct stack and if that stack is full it should go directly into the basket into another open slot.

11. Crafting and Item Selection - Having to reselect the same tool over and over becomes very frustrating when crafting the same item multiple times. The tool should stay selected until the item being crafted is changed to a new item. The material selection should stay as is.

13. Rest/Recover Button - There should be a Rest/Recover Button for Energy that makes your Energy recover 2x faster. You run out of energy you become tired then after the tired animation you can press the Rest & Recover button and your character sits down and Recovers Energy 2x faster. As it is now it takes like 4-5 minutes to recover from being tired. That is kinda long. At this point I think the recovery of Energy is way too slow.

14. The movement of Sun/Moon - This is a very small thing but I figured I would mention it. The Sun/Moon almost stutters when moving kinda like a clock ticking, it's not smooth in it's movement. You can actually see it moving. That to me seems like a time issue, perhaps the day/night cycle is to short. Perhaps a 3hr day / 2 hour night cycle.

16. Campfires - Campfires should not burn forever. They should burn out after a set amount of time. I have seen them used as Torches at Tribe locations and it seems funny. There should be some other sort of light source that can be more appropriate for lasting longer and using them in this fashion. Perhaps Torches. And even Torches that can be carried by the player for a light source while traveling at night.

18. Chopping Trees - At times when a Tree is chopped down the Tree falls into the terrain and only a small piece is showing to chop it up, but then you chop it up and the logs stack on each other possibly causing game crashes and other issues. There possibly could be some collision put in with the falling trees and the terrain. Not sure about it but it was a bug and happened to me.

19. Resetting Stat Points - Perhaps the ability to Reset a characters stat points to be able to change your characters path in life with restrictions such as only 3-5 resets per character.

That's all I have for now, I know it's a WALL 'O' Text but those are some of the Tweaks & Suggestions that I have come up with so far. I hope none of them seemed harsh or not productive for the games future but these are some of my opinions on how to improve the game as it stands at this point in time.

I will add more as I come across more things in the game.
    Thank you for reading my suggestions if you made it this far in the post. :woohoo:
    Those that I have not answered and deleted from the quote is teaks I completely agree with, the rest is either half-agreeing/half-disagreeing or completely disagreeing.

1) Obviously you have never scrapped neither cloth or leather to your full encumbrance. As that will defo fill up an 80slot bag in no time (just going half encumbrance and I was out of bags and pouches to put the rest of the cloth in)

3) I don't agree with that. There are no levels in this game, just an easy way of gaining skill points or keeping those skill points you have up high on the scale. You character never 'levels' as in other games so it is rather irrelevant if you ask me.

4) Opening a bag is an action and you can't do multiple actions at once. You wouldn't open your bag while cutting a tree either, would you ?

5) Keep the toolstips as much as possible -OUT- of the game. I don't want all the information thrown in my head, I want to learn by doing.

6-7) Nope, again more nasty filling stuff on my screen telling me who is what and where. It is not the point of the game as I see it. You are supposed to figure it out by yourself, learn who your foes are and who your friends are.

8) Does it really matter? I can tell you that people hate the auto-select just as much with multiple toons games.. And who knows, maybe toons becomes a reality then?

9-10) I agree with splitting that some sort of action should be made for that, but auto-stacking.. Damn you are lazy if you can't stack it yourself and actually I think it is auto-stacked most of the time. Can't say as I don't care and don't pay attention, it auto-stacks when I sort Metal, Cloth, Leather and Plastic scraps and when I craft that much I've seen.

11) Nah, can't say I like that either and I've never seen a game that requires you to select the appropriate tools to craft with ever had a permanent tool selected as long as you didn't change recipe.

13) Since when did you start to rest faster, just because you went into a rest-mode? You could do a sleep-mode that would let you rest faster, but unable to get out of again (as a penalty for resting that way) the penalty would make up for the faster energy recovery as you can't defend yourself from attacks (you're sleeping to regain energy faster). But honestly, you don't regain energy faster from standing up, than sitting down..

14) The game runs with a day/night, weather etc. system that imitates earth, you can't all of the sudden have a longer day, than you can night unless you are on the northern/southern hemisphere in which you have changing seasons with changing daytime hours.

16) Already been stated it is just for the prelude and that they will be requiring fuel.

19) Cool down, it's just prelude.. We have a wipe every 2. week to 1½ month. No reason to even begin discussing such a system yet . Once the game goes live and magic or other things that requires rerolls enter the game, we should also be presented with an ability (perhaps it could be a future jobs for magicians) to change people's stats (with a cooldown or some sort)

joexxxz wrote:
    trenixdecease wrote:
    Apparently some people don't realize that certain functions need to be more user friendly.......I agree with you, you're not lazy, people just need to stop making this game frustrating like Wurm Online. It's the reason Wurm Online has never been successful and a low quality copy of it, Minecraft, has got more success that Wurm Online dreamed of having. It's all about being more user friendly and not wasting more time than is necessary.
    TOTALLY RIGHT. I stopped play SWG because it wasnt user friendly.
    The mind need to focus on the game play itself, rather then on little details like clicking alot and stuff like that.
    IT IS ALL ABOUT READING A GAMES 'ABOUT' or 'FEATURES' etc. before buying a game or getting your hopes up .

I think a lot of people have turned this way because this game allows them to think more for themselves than a lot of other games.
    I don't want annoying tooltips plastered all over my screen, when it takes so little time remembering which kind of tree that is or.. Is there anything else in the game that needs tooltips besides armor, weapon etc..

And I'm quite sure the devs have said that we are to figure out the things ourselves not have everything handed. Which also includes figuring out what armor does what (if they actually do have a difference at the moment :P)

I really don't see the point of calling me lazy really.

I would rather be able to quickly stack my items instead of having to search through 50 different types of differently named items that look the same by the way with icons (Cloth) to find the correct stack.. I don't know about you but I like to play the game not sit there looking for a needle in a hay stack.

And I don't know where you are from but it doesn't rain here for 1 minute then stop. Nor snow. The timing is off. I merely suggested slowing down the time of the clock so the animations of the moon/sun were not jerking or clicking across the sky and being more of a smooth animation. Looks funny when you look down at the shadows and see them ticking across the ground. As far as the rain and snow times they need to be increased.

No need to tell me to "Calm Down" I'm merely stating some things I noticed I'm not being excited in any way.. :/

Rest is an option in many MMO's it will say let you gain your health back faster.. I was using Energy as an example being I have to stand there for 5 minutes to recover to full from Tired.. seems like a waste of time when I could be playing instead of standing around because I can't move or do anything. I understand the mechanic and why it's there, it just needs tweaking to recover faster but that was discussed as in cooking isn't implemented yet and may have recipes that you will be able to make food that helps with faster recovery of Energy.

And actually why do I even need to select my character when I log in when I am only able to have one toon anyway? There is no point to it at all, it should just show my character at login, I only have one so why is there even an option to select the Only one I have? Makes No sense.

gegezerg wrote:
    I really don't see the point of calling me lazy really.

I would rather be able to quickly stack my items instead of having to search through 50 different types of differently named items that look the same by the way with icons (Cloth) to find the correct stack.. I don't know about you but I like to play the game not sit there looking for a needle in a hay stack.

And I don't know where you are from but it doesn't rain here for 1 minute then stop. Nor snow. The timing is off. I merely suggested slowing down the time of the clock so the animations of the moon/sun were not jerking or clicking across the sky and being more of a smooth animation. Looks funny when you look down at the shadows and see them ticking across the ground. As far as the rain and snow times they need to be increased.

No need to tell me to "Calm Down" I'm merely stating some things I noticed I'm not being excited in any way.. :/

Rest is an option in many MMO's it will say let you gain your health back faster.. I was using Energy as an example being I have to stand there for 5 minutes to recover to full from Tired.. seems like a waste of time when I could be playing instead of standing around because I can't move or do anything. I understand the mechanic and why it's there, it just needs tweaking to recover faster but that was discussed as in cooking isn't implemented yet and may have recipes that you will be able to make food that helps with faster recovery of Energy.

And actually why do I even need to select my character when I log in when I am only able to have one toon anyway? There is no point to it at all, it should just show my character at login, I only have one so why is there even an option to select the Only one I have? Makes No sense.
    And I'd like my stack of paper on my desk, magically arrange itself in alphabetic order, but it doesn't.. Neither should it in a game like this and if you are wise, your tribe have it arranged alphabetically that way it doesn't take that long and the more your brain has to remember the better it gets at it, so actually it is just a real life improvement for you. I really understand why you are saying it, but this isn't your carebear game World of Warcraft, DF etc.

I never even mentioned rain, snow etc. I just said, you can't have a longer day than night, when that is against the most adhered time cycle - 24hrs, 12hrs day, 12hrs night .. I completely agree with the parts I -didn't- mention.

Eating food actually should have the opposite effect as it draws away blood from your brain and into your stomach in order to digest more effeciently. So, that would be a very bad idea. I said a sleep-mode you can't wake up from could be an idea. But any energy gain like World of Warcraft and the likes should be out of the question. This is NOT a clone of them on any areas. If you want faster regain, you need better fortitude or skills to recover better, not have an action. (Some food could apply aswell - thinking in the terms of coffee etc.)

I can tell you to cool down.. You want resetting of stat points.. When the game is still being wiped so freaking often. When would you ever get that far that you wouldn't have a wiped incoming soon in which you can change stat points, skills etc.
    - It should be on the table, once it becomes relevant. It isn't relevant..