Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Bugs Tweaks and Suggestions List (My Feedback)

gegezerg wrote:
    Foreseer wrote:
    Read through your list. Most of the items you listed are already in-process. Only seen perhaps 3 relevant points, and will comment on #19.

#19: I agree with being able to change your stats in all eventuality, but disagree with the ability to completely reset. I feel that players should be able to relocate 50 or so points every X amount of character years. Perhaps completely changing your characters stat focus at a ripe age.
    I understand that most of the things I posted are in process because I put it at the top of my thread

I just posted these things because I just came to Xsyon and I wanted to voice how My first impressions were as far as the game has developed so far and to just voice some of my suggestions.

The reasoning behind the complete reset is due to the fact that sometimes people make wrong choices and to put such a burden on someone right at the start of the game seems harsh. Most newer players wont find out that there is not any way to add to their str or agil except at the start of the game until later in game, and it would seem frustrating to have to re-roll trying to see what is right for you as a player.
    The ability to sculpt your character over time is a great mechanic that many games have when it comes to playing an MMO.

When I first started and was creating my character I just put my points evenly throughout all the attributes thinking, hey.. this is kinda like Diablo where when you level you can add to your str agil and such.. well much to my dismay I was playing for a couple days exploring and looking around and then finding out that you are not able to do so. So I know this is Beta so it didn't bother me much that I wasted 2 days not knowing something like this because I can just re-roll and redo the points but new players at release might not be so forgiving with a system like this.

I understand we all want a game that has a hardcore style to it and all that is great I enjoy that style of game play but my suggestions are made in a game industry business point of view also.

Games that are not user friendly or super hardcore usually have a small player base and tend not to make it very far. I'm just voicing what I have seen over the years in MMO's and games in general.

Those are just my thoughts on the stat allocation part of the game.
    I see. I'll make a suggestion to elaborate on stats for "User Manual", but personally feel that absolute skill resets are a bit lame from a role-playing standpoint. Adding an age define adjustment would suit any need to change stats and continue with your character.

I agree that the current stat system is bad, but hate tools that don't encourage role-playing.

Re:Bugs Tweaks and Suggestions List (My Feedback)

@VeryWiiTee
    Was this game labeled a simulation somewhere? Because it's funny how everyone wants real life to be in a game. It's not real life it's a game and if you want to make any money making a game you would understand that making the game completely not user friendly that you will not have any users putting money in your wallet. I have seen it 1,000 times over with people that want this Hardcore type Real Life game. It doesn't last. Games are meant to stimulate and give gratification in a timely manner.

Standing there having to afk for 5 minutes then run back get 1 log then afk again for 5 minutes to recover then carry the log to where I need it then afk again for 5 minutes to recover.. isn't fun, games are not meant to be real life nor be a job, I have enough of that in real life and I'm sure many others do also.

And about the stats I'm talking of it being implemented not because It's beta and I think that there are no wipes, but for release.

And your WoW comment has no merit at all, I have come from UO, EQ, Vanguard, Darkfall and yes I play and have played WoW, EVE, Fallen Earth, and many many others including Wurm Online which is exactly this game just not as polished.. and if you know Wurm Online it is exactly where Xsyon may head if this Hardcore type of gameply continues to not be user friendly. Because with no money there is no Development.

Please don't get me wrong I love the Hardcore gameplay, I just believe that there can be small Tweaks to it to make it somewhat user friendly to get some money in to improve it even more.

VeryWiiTee wrote:
    IT IS ALL ABOUT READING A GAMES 'ABOUT' or 'FEATURES' etc. before buying a game or getting your hopes up .

I think a lot of people have turned this way because this game allows them to think more for themselves than a lot of other games.
    I don't want annoying tooltips plastered all over my screen, when it takes so little time remembering which kind of tree that is or.. Is there anything else in the game that needs tooltips besides armor, weapon etc..

And I'm quite sure the devs have said that we are to figure out the things ourselves not have everything handed. Which also includes figuring out what armor does what (if they actually do have a difference at the moment :P)
    Do us a favor and just go play Wurm Online. There is a reason that game is dying and everyone is switching over to Minecraft. What Xsyon actually said was, "New features, skills, objects and creatures will typically be discovered in game before they are officially announced".

So eventually they will announce them, and this nothing to do with "tooltips". It has to do with "discovering". It's not about figuring out, it's more about finding it out. If this game wants to honestly survive, it needs to be user friendly. I thank god that it is, way more than Wurm Online where the players have to actually find out what EVERYTHING does and Rolf does nothing but sit on his ass all day. Xsyon at least made a guide for us.

By the way, tooltips are being added soon..

gegezerg wrote:
    @VeryWiiTee
    Was this game labeled a simulation somewhere? Because it's funny how everyone wants real life to be in a game. It's not real life it's a game and if you want to make any money making a game you would understand that making the game completely not user friendly that you will not have any users putting money in your wallet. I have seen it 1,000 times over with people that want this Hardcore type Real Life game. It doesn't last. Games are meant to stimulate and give gratification in a timely manner.

Standing there having to afk for 5 minutes then run back get 1 log then afk again for 5 minutes to recover then carry the log to where I need it then afk again for 5 minutes to recover.. isn't fun, games are not meant to be real life nor be a job, I have enough of that in real life and I'm sure many others do also.

And about the stats I'm talking of it being implemented not because It's beta and I think that there are no wipes, but for release.

And your WoW comment has no merit at all, I have come from UO, EQ, Vanguard, Darkfall and yes I play and have played WoW, EVE, Fallen Earth, and many many others including Wurm Online which is exactly this game just not as polished.. and if you know Wurm Online it is exactly where Xsyon may head if this Hardcore type will end up. Because with no money there is no Development.

Please don't get me wrong I love the Hardcore gameplay, I just believe that there can me small Tweaks to it to make it somewhat user friendly to get some money in to improve it even more.
    This goes for the first one and somewhat the encumbrance problem as well.
    The 'ABOUT':
    Xsyon is Educational:

Xsyon is a fantasy world, but is heavily based on reality."
    Do we need to discuss it more then? This game is heavily based on reality. ie. it is a lot of simulation.

As I said, I totally agree with stat resetting, when it gets relevant until then keep it on the sketch table and I'm quite sure they have it on the board . Btw, It isn't beta, but you might as well consider it as a paid beta. It is a pre-release to be true to what they say.

The whole WoW comment is more a hate to take an easy way out, like a mana potion or a mana/hp drink. It just doesn't make sense in a heavily reality based game, and should they be introduced I'd like to see some heavy penalty for using them or introduce a faster regain action (like sleeping) but with a penalty of not being able to wake up for at least a minute or a minute and a half. You need to make use of your energy wisely it isn't about being able to do everything everytime you log in.

And this pretty much goes for the hardcore comment about money.
    Taken from the FAQ:
    7.) What is the content rating for Xsyon?

Xsyon does not have an official rating, however it is designed for a mature audience.
    - With a design for a mature audience I doubt they think money will come easily. If you can't figure out the interface now or how the game works. You simply just aren't old enough to play, is it so bad that everything isn't made into something a three-year old let alone a 14 year-old can play?

Imo grinding for something, and grinding a long time for something is part of the fun. I remember the freaking grind for an earring in EQ, just because it gave a buff that wasn't really useful in anyway except it reduced the change that a useful buff was dispelled, when I finally got it after camping for several days I was THRILLED with joy. That is what makes a game exciting. When you make it -tough- when it is a challenge.

Challenge is good yes.. Having to Afk because I can't move for the next 5 minutes isn't a challenge it's a waste of time. See the difference?

Anyway You have done your job to hijack this topic into a war over what should and shouldn't be implemented into the game yet I was just making suggestions.

@Gegezerg
    I don't get it, you are allowed to express your opinions on tweaks, but I can't disagree with you and advocate against it.

I said nothing about encumbrance being a challenge. I said it was more real and in line with official statements that you needed a break of some sort when carrying heavier loads than lighter loads.
    - I stated that you could increase running, which decreases your use of energy carrying and you could increase agility to raise running speed and increase fortitude to increase max energy.

When you say hardcore, do you mean grind-wise? Because that is how I see hardcore or how I've most read it used. And at yes, I think a game should be grind-minded. Instant gratification ruins any kind of working towards a big gratification, that requires grinding and a lot of it.
    I'm sorry if you got anything I said wrong, but this game is very much built around working together and working towards bigger goals than instant goals.
    You need to built a town, a society, rules and laws*, find materials to further these things. It takes time, because it is geared towards reality as stated. It is a complex game, which is why it is geared towards a mature audience.

*Quite sure it was stated we'd have the possibility in the future to create laws within a tribe .

@trenixdecease
    Actually you got me thinking of a cool way to make tooltips.

I agree that tooltips on stats, skills, inventory slots and the likes should be in there from the beginning.
    I don't see the necessity on harvested objects, such as trees and rocks (for rocks there should be different texture). For trees it should already be available in the top of the screen (I think the objects are bugged from targetting - dunno)
    However, armor, weapons and possibly (if we get mapmaking in the future) also tooltips for mapmaking. It could be made through a passive skill gained from 'reading' (when in-game) reach a certain skill point (20 fx?).
    This passive skill, would allow the character to reveal more information about a given item after using it. It should be limitted so that revealing the full extend of a tooltip wouldn't take an age.
    For a weapon, it's damage, swing time, special attributes etc.
    The same with armor, just with how long you have worned it which would reveal how it affected your character attribute wise (if any), how much protection it gives etc.
    Crafting tool, materials, food etc should be gained through use (but it should be fairly easy to discover their properties).
    At a certain point revealing information would allow you to note your work to fellow tribe members or for trading purposes. It would be a little mini-game in the game more or less add to the economy, stick with reality concept and not ruin it for those that doesn't want a hardcore game.

@Verywii: I disagree with your advocate not to allow a restbutton. I don't mind things that take time but I just don't like timesinks that make it appear harder but that are in fact annoying after a while. I'm still playing a game as all of you are. If I would want real life then I would do it in real life. Btw there is already a key for it in the manual. The V

The first time I logged in Xsyon. I was completely lost. Not knowing where to go or what to do. It gave me the "hey something is different" feeling that I was looking for. Some other guildmembers gave the same comments abouth that.

I would verry mutch like to see the developers improuving the environmental sounds. That's something I'm missing right now. Trees, birds, animals, falling rocks, wind and so on. I did not see many games that had this right.

The weather-system is indeed switch on switch off, I rather would like to see building up and fading away. Sounds of snow are horrible

Encumbrance: well I think that it will be solved with other features. Chriots, horses and mules with packs to carry and so on.

I don't think that rest action is active at the moment. At least I'm not seeing any sped up energy gain.

Well resting should be possible. I just don't want to see a WoW scenario of 30s-1min rest time when out of mana/hp (energy) if you even need a rest. Resting is a nice way of gaining energy, but you gotta make some sort of downside to it so that you can't exploit it in PvP/PvE - e.g sleeping could be a way, like when you run out of energy, incapacitated for the full amount of rest needed.

A better wind system for trees, their branches and leafs. At the moment they are just sort of shaking. They should be swaying gently -> very much depending on the strenght of the wind.

I want a bear as mount .