Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re:Seasons and Lighting

Regarding the first post, the game clock is based on reality for this longitude and latitude. Right now it's winter in game so there are more game hours of darkness. It'll be the opposite in summer.

Regarding the first post, the game clock is based on reality for this longitude and latitude. Right now it's winter in game so there are more game hours of darkness. It'll be the opposite in summer.

Jadzia can u make a picture of your screen. I really wanna see how dark is in your game!!!

joexxxz wrote:
    Jadzia can u make a picture of your screen. I really wanna see how dark is in your game!!!
    Sure, I'll try to make one tomorrow.

Xsyon Citizen

Xsyon wrote:
    Ah wicked, wasn't too sure about all that for a while.

@joexxxz :
    Here are 2 screenshots I took right after logging in.
    http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz265/Jadzi12/Xsyon/

No, Jazdia. But this is normal. Im sorry. Do u ever go out at night in the woods? its pretty dark, if there is no moon shining.

joexxxz wrote:
    No, Jazdia. But this is normal. Im sorry. Do u ever go out at night in the woods? its pretty dark, if there is no moon shining.
    I'm not sure if you see the picture in the same way as me, it appears to be much lighter on my laptop than on my desktop. On the desktop monitor I can hardly see my toon on the first picture.

Actually you might be right that its the same in a real wood when there is no moon...but see, that's why I never go out to a wood at night. Why would I, I wouldn't be able to do or see anything there. But this is a game, and I'd like to play it even if its night.

Would you go out to a real wood at night, no moon, no torch, no any source of light ? Would you go there to gather mushroom, cut wood, gather branches, herbs, whatever? Obviously not, since its impossible. Thats my problem here.

There is 1 thing you can do at night if you don't have any source of light: sleep.

Sorry no gamma option. At night u can fish, like in real life. When we will have houses, we might have light inside the houses.

joexxxz wrote:
    Sorry no gamma option. At night u can fish, like in real life. When we will have houses, we might have light inside the houses.
    Ok, let's see it from the other way around. What's the benefit of having such a dark night where we can't do anything ?

The game is so dark for me that I can't leave our village because I wouldn't find my way back. If I drop something on the ground I'm not able to find it again. I can't hunt, black bears in front of a black background are practically invisible. You're saying this is normal, everyone gets the same. So all we can do at night is stay at villages, and fish for like 2-3 hours while staring at a black screen. PvE is impossible, same with PvP since everyone stays at home. This doesn't sound very entertaining...so whats the point of it ?

There are 2 options now:
    1. The game is fair, so everyone can only stay at home and fish, playing at night is boring and pointless.

2.If you say some people can go out to hunt animals or players that means their screen is lighter so the game is not fair, hence we need gamma option.