Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[Fix] Bonecraft/Armors/Weapons

I'm really disappointed with the bonecraft skill. Apparently its only intention is to create armor for players. This is quite strange when there are metal scraps in the game which would protect a player a lot better than bones would. When I thought of bonecraft, I thought was going to be able to make trinkets, artifacts, and types of jewelry at out of bone. You know, like the ability to make simple miscellaneous items, maybe even some alternative tools.

There is already four main professions for armor. Tailoring, leatherworking, ???... basketry, and bonecraft? The third profession should be a metalworking skill which would craft metal armor. Just because there was an apocalypse, that doesn't mean everyone in 2012 went retarded. If you're also gonna make four armor professions, at least make two weapon professions. One for blunt weapons, the other for sharp weapons.

In addition, basketry should be combined with tailoring. Leatherworking should also make containers (if they don't already). Metalworking should be the most defensive armor which wouldn't be able to make containers.

I guess I'll just wait and see what happens since not all features have been released yet.

Re:Bonecraft Feedback

I'm really disappointed in this thread. Its totally pointless.

Its an armor type, live with it. Metal armor will probably come later.

Venciera wrote:
    I'm really disappointed in this thread. Its totally pointless.

Its an armor type, live with it. Metal armor will probably come later.
    There is way too many armor professions and bonecraft could have made more sense by making miscellaneous items which other professions can't. That's the point I'm trying to make with this thread.

Scroll to the top of the page. Look at the character model on your right hand side. What do you see?

If anything I'd hope that they'd have all those armor professions, as well as a metal one, and then have different combinations of armors made from materials across the skill sets.

I see where you are coming from with little bone trinkets and stuff, and well, I can personally see that being a neat little addition, but I don't think those things should be made from just bones.

Re:[Fix] Bonecraft/Armors/Weapons

trenixdecease wrote:
    I'm really disappointed with the bonecraft skill. Apparently its only intention is to create armor for players. This is quite strange when there are metal scraps in the game which would protect a player a lot better than bones would. When I thought of bonecraft, I thought was going to be able to make trinkets, artifacts, and types of jewelry at out of bone. You know, like the ability to make simple miscellaneous items, maybe even some alternative tools.

There is already four main professions for armor. Tailoring, leatherworking, ???... basketry, and bonecraft? The third profession should be a metalworking skill which would craft metal armor. Just because there was an apocalypse, that doesn't mean everyone in 2012 went retarded. If you're also gonna make four armor professions, at least make two weapon professions. One for blunt weapons, the other for sharp weapons.

In addition, basketry should be combined with tailoring. Leatherworking should also make containers (if they don't already). Metalworking should be the most defensive armor which wouldn't be able to make containers.

I guess I'll just wait and see what happens since not all features have been released yet.
    I lol'd

Re:[Fix] Bonecraft/Armors/Weapons

That underlined bit is why I can't fathom how they are saying gunpowder and firearms no longer work or something.

mrcalhou wrote:
    Scroll to the top of the page. Look at the character model on your right hand side. What do you see?
    A person who looks like a retard and is using more leather than bones to protect his body. Unless this does something with faith or gives some magical benefits (which it would be better done with trinkets, jewels, ect.), it's a joke. No offense Xsyon, but this is a bad idea.

I really hope that they pull out some kind of feature that would make me reconsider this post. But seriously, I'd rather attach bark and wood on myself before I start defending myself with body parts.

mrcalhou wrote:
    That underlined bit is why I can't fathom how they are saying gunpowder and firearms no longer work or something.
    Well if there was an apocalypse, I wouldn't know how to make bullets or create gunpowder. That you could give some time, I'm sure they'll eventually add it.

Yeah, but you said you're a mason in real life. In real life I'm a Chemistry teacher (starting in Janurary at any rate). My knowledge of engineering and physics aren't that great, but I do have a basic understanding of how many things work, and could probably figure something out, especially if I had a book on it. Now, there are people that know WAY more than I do. Presumably they wouldn't all die in the apocalypse, even a magical one.

mrcalhou wrote:
    Yeah, but you said you're a mason in real life. In real life I'm a Chemistry teacher (starting in Janurary at any rate). My knowledge of engineering and physics aren't that great, but I do have a basic understanding of how many things work, and could probably figure something out, especially if I had a book on it. Now, there are people that know WAY more than I do. Presumably they wouldn't all die in the apocalypse, even a magical one.
    Like I said, give it some time. Eventually as the story evolves, more people will "find out" about gunpowder and before you know it, we'll have firearms.

prokop15 wrote:
    Y'all have gone off the fuckin' deep end with this realism and psuedo-depth. Creating 20 differents classes is definitely NOT the way you want to be creating crafting depth in a game, especially when the population is doing Gigli numbers.
    Who's creating multiple skills? All I'm asking is for bonecrafters to be more of a diverse skill rather than it being another armor type. Also, basketry in my opinion should be done by tailors and leatherworkers, not be a skill of its own. As for the rest of the suggestions, they were just more appropriate ideas for an armor type skill instead of it being bonecraft.