Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Xsyon Citizen

Seasons and Lighting

Just noticed recently that we had an ingame season change to match in with the incoming Winter. Not sure if the amount of game daylight has changed but would pretty cool if the amount of daylight ingame matched Real Time.

Over here right now in the UK the current daylight time tends to be around Sunrise: 5:30-6:00am Sunset: 4:30-5:00pm.

Not sure about the daylight times for the Lake Tahoe area (Nevada/California).

On the daylight topic, maybe nights to be a hell of a lot darker on nights lacking moonlight..and bring the option for wieldable, limited use Torches (Not the battery ones but the old Torches used in roughly Medieval Times..or Oil Lanterns)

The obvious benefit is a general increase in sight clarity and area illumination. The detriment is that you'll be giving your position away in the Dark.

Thoughts?

Re:Seasons and Lighting

From what I understand now. Some people have it so dark they can hardly see. And others can see fine in the dark. I think it has to do with what vid card you have.

Xsyon Citizen

Hyip wrote:
    From what I understand now. Some people have it so dark they can hardly see. And others can see fine in the dark. I think it has to do with what vid card you have.
    Yeah, your graphics settings and/or your Card can affect the lighting. I'm only just stating on a default client level. Anyway, It can be worked around by kicking up your Gamma level till your eyes bleed.

Right now night time is a kind of unplayable period for me. If there is a person standing 5 meters away I'm not able to see him, and can't see anything on the ground that is further away than like 1 meter. I really don't want it any darker, I'd like it to be brighter...almost every time I log in its nighttime, and its so hard to see anything that it often makes me log out.

The night period seems to be much longer than the daylight period, its like 1 hour daylight, 3 hours night.

And my monitor is turned to the max brightness.

Jadzia wrote:
    Right now night time is a kind of unplayable period for me. If there is a person standing 5 meters away I'm not able to see him, and can't see anything on the ground that is further away than like 1 meter. I really don't want it any darker, I'd like it to be brighter...almost every time I log in its nighttime, and its so hard to see anything that it often makes me log out.

The night period seems to be much longer than the daylight period, its like 1 hour daylight, 3 hours night.

And my monitor is turned to the max brightness.
    See mine is just the opposite. I can see fine in the dark. It just looks like its an overcast day for me. I know a few with same problem as you. So I would not want it to be darker only cause people like me would have an unfair advantage at night.

I agree, there should be a gamma level option.

No he said NOT NOT NOT

Jadzia wrote:
    I agree, there should be a gamma level option.
    then why not just make it so that you can see well enough at night if everyone can just turn up their gamma anyway?

Jadzia can u make a picture of your screen. I really wanna see how dark is in your game!!!

joexxxz wrote:
    Jadzia can u make a picture of your screen. I really wanna see how dark is in your game!!!
    Sure, I'll try to make one tomorrow.