Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Move totem without disbanding the tribe

We need to be able to move the totem without disbanding the tribe.

You can't terraform under the totem, so the first place you put it down will most likely not be where you want it.

Re: Move totem without disbanding the tribe

He has a good point there... it does get rather annoying to have to drop your totem, then terraform the area that you actually want the totem to be, then disband to unspawn the totem, so you can place it where you wanted it, all along... *whew*

Of course, if there was a way to move your totem around, I could see it as being exploitable, seeing as how that could be used to just shift your tribal land borders, whenever you felt like it...

Darenkel wrote:
    Of course, if there was a way to move your totem around, I could see it as being exploitable, seeing as how that could be used to just shift your tribal land borders, whenever you felt like it...
    then maybe totems should move up with terraforming if you raise the land, or move down when you lower- is that possible? I guess that means you would be able to terraform right on top of a totem where now you can't get close enough.

Hmm, I agree a way of moving the totem would be nice. It could cost a bundle of ressources perhaps?

I would suggest it can only be moved in the first 30 days or something. You dont want tribes being able to alter their borders after 6mths, especially if two tribes that are fairly close to each other have grown even closer to together in size, it would be a mess if totems could be moved in that circumstance.

Kinslayer wrote:
    I would suggest it can only be moved in the first 30 days or something. You dont want tribes being able to alter their borders after 6mths, especially if two tribes that are fairly close to each other have grown even closer to together in size, it would be a mess if totems could be moved in that circumstance.
    the point is that right now you put your totem down and then you can't terraform around it. So, to get around it you have to place your totem, then terraform a spot for it- then disband your tribe, and then start another tribe, get everyone back in it then set the totem on the terraformed spot.

Re:Move totem without disbanding the tribe

One possible solutions is, once totem is placed, that becomes the center of you land. Have a move totem command that would allow moving of the totem object, but the actual center of your land remains pegged at original spot. Not sure how feasable this is though.

Or simply allow to terraform around totem :P

Oooh Deacon yours was nice =).
    Maybe the totem then moves back to the original position after a day?.

Deacon wrote:
    One possible solutions is, once totem is placed, that becomes the center of you land. Have a move totem command that would allow moving of the totem object, but the actual center of your land remains pegged at original spot. Not sure how feasable this is though.
    this is perfect!