Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re:Improve Masonry/Architect Fix/Woodcraft Rename

Yeah, that's kind of what I think too, Kinslayer.

Darenkel wrote:
    Architect should be renamed to Civil Engineer, imho. As a Civil Engineer, they would be responsible for doing the overall layout of a city. The act of giving a 'Civil Engineer' the materials, so they may be added to the structures, could be considered as a sort of inspection process, for those materials. Also, by finishing the building, it merely cuts out the actual build-time of said structure, thus giving the other professions time to work on materials for the next building, down the line.
    I dislike the name choice and the idea. You're just enforcing that other crafters should grind for the next structure in line. Grinding is not fun, we should "at least" be able to create a finished product. Otherwise, the other crafts are just the architect's personal bitch.

Darenkel wrote:
    Masonry is great, in it's own way. However, they should be able to make earthenware (or clay for potters) in addition to bricks, mortar, and lime. If they are supposed to be a support craft, I'd say, make more crafts for them to support.
    Interesting about the earthenware. However, I'm not so sure about it. I'm neutral on this idea, but I'm all for whatever will remove basketry as an official skill, or a skill in general.

Another thing I realized, without an architect being on at all times, it's pointless to play as a support skill. Would be a lot better if architects can set the plans and then they're able to log so the other crafts could be responsible for building the structure.