Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re:Suggestion for Masonry

Shrimps wrote:
    trenixdecease wrote:

Being a mason in this game would sound like a wimpy class.
    Class? NO! bad. somebody slap that man.

You're thinking about a different game, no classses here.

Masons are kinda one dimensional at the moment.

Yes I would like to see them making statues and fountains etc.

You say it doesn't fit into the 2012 apocalypse theme? how do you know?

Please show us your photos from when you visited the 2012 apocalypse. That is the only way you coud know right?

Yeah.... if tribes wanna have statues let them have statues damnit. Just because it doesnt fit into the way YOU think an apocalypse should look doesnt mean others wouldn't want it.

Don't like it? then come tear them down.
    somebody give this man a win

If you really want to rename the skill it could be called "Stonemasonry" Which includes both laying bricks, and mortar, and stone carving. :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonemasonry

Wikipedia link for great justice.

Shrimps wrote:
    Class? NO! bad. somebody slap that man.

You're thinking about a different game, no classses here.
    Some were referring it to a skill, others referring it as a class, it really don't matter what you call it. I would think that you'd be smart enough to handle that. You know... like common sense.

Shrimps wrote:
    You say it doesn't fit into the 2012 apocalypse theme? how do you know?

Please show us your photos from when you visited the 2012 apocalypse. That is the only way you coud know right?

Yeah.... if tribes wanna have statues let them have statues damnit. Just because it doesnt fit into the way YOU think an apocalypse should look doesnt mean others wouldn't want it.

Don't like it? then come tear them down.
    There is a show called, "The Colony". Put together by scientists who are expertise in disasters. Sure, they eventually get electric and such, but they don't start making statues while they're trying to survive.

prokop15 wrote:
    Maybe call it Stonecraftg, the crafting of stones
    Hah, what's next, architectcraft?

trenixdecease wrote:
    Hah, what's next, architectcraft?
    For starters, according to spell-check, architectcraft isn't even a word. The word you were probably looking for, was Architecture...

Secondly, Architecture is the practice of an Architect, so this craft wouldn't be served better by such a name change. If anything, Foreman would be a closer match.

trenixdecease wrote:
    There is a show called, "The Colony". Put together by scientists who are expertise in disasters. Sure, they eventually get electric and such, but they don't start making statues while they're trying to survive.
    You brought it up, so let's take a closer look.
    The Colony is a reality television program produced by the Discovery Channel that follows how a group of people might survive in a post apocalyptic environment.
    From what I gather from just the first sentence, in the Wikipedia entry for 'The Colony', is that there is a possibility that someone might survive differently. After all, the lore of Xyson refers to us as the 'descendants' of survivors. Who's to say that we should be limited by our need to merely survive? Isn't survival more than just Food/Water/Shelter? Survival of the mind... of the soul, in fact, requires much more than the meager necessities.

Art and Culture are just as much a part of the long-term survival of our race. To look beyond the grassy knoll and see something that only the mind's eye can envision, and yet... to be denied that very thing that allows one to express him/herself as an individual, would devastate the soul.

As our goal in Xsyon is to survive, we are tasked to embrace these things, in order to not only survive as an individual, but to thrive as a community.

Reference(s):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Construction_foreman
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Col...._TV_series%29
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture

P.S.- For some reason, I get the feeling that I just wrote a short speech... and I'm not even good at that sort of thing.

Darenkel wrote:
    For starters, according to spell-check, architectcraft isn't even a word. The word you were probably looking for, was Architecture...

Secondly, Architecture is the practice of an Architect, so this craft wouldn't be served better by such a name change. If anything, Foreman would be a closer match.
    For one, that was a joke. But I guess you just needed some way to make a point.

Darenkel wrote:
    You brought it up, so let's take a closer look.
    The Colony is a reality television program produced by the Discovery Channel that follows how a group of people might survive in a post apocalyptic environment.
    From what I gather from just the first sentence, in the Wikipedia entry for 'The Colony', is that there is a possibility that someone might survive differently. After all, the lore of Xyson refers to us as the 'descendants' of survivors. Who's to say that we should be limited by our need to merely survive? Isn't survival more than just Food/Water/Shelter? Survival of the mind... of the soul, in fact, requires much more than the meager necessities.

Art and Culture are just as much a part of the long-term survival of our race. To look beyond the grassy knoll and see something that only the mind's eye can envision, and yet... to be denied that very thing that allows one to express him/herself as an individual, would devastate the soul.

As our goal in Xsyon is to survive, we are tasked to embrace these things, in order to not only survive as an individual, but to thrive as a community.

Reference(s):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Construction_foreman
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Col...._TV_series%29
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture

P.S.- For some reason, I get the feeling that I just wrote a short speech... and I'm not even good at that sort of thing.
    Am I the only one who saw this as complete full of shit? The survival of soul and mind, are you serious? And yes, survival has to do with water, food, and shelter, I don't want Skippy in the corner building me a freakin' statue. If anything, that would lower my soul and mind for having a complete dumbass in my tribe.

I've gave you my examples and even gave you a show with scientists to support my cause. If you don't want to comprehend the facts, by finding your way around the them, then that's your problem, not mine.

Kinslayer wrote:
    Gotta love that post. You hit the nail on the head there.

Although, give the guy a little bit of a break, he's a complete noob, and how would he know that this game isnt class based when all you can pick is one craft path, and not do any of the other paths? He probably doesnt know that other features are coming to learn other skills. But until that ability to learn other skills is in game, then this game is very much class based.
    Actually, I knew that for quite awhile. You could check my early posts. If you can't handle an argument, then maybe you shouldn't be on the forums or even in this game.

Take it easy everyone.

Some of the crafts such as Masonry, Woodcraft and Baketry are intended to be simple support crafts for now. Over time, we will add to them.

All suggestions are welcome, so no need to argue so much over small details.

Take it as we got a mildly unhealthy interest in this game :P.

Still.. Go go city decoration for masons =)!

VeryWiiTee wrote:
    Take it as we got a mildly unhealthy interest in this game :P.

Still.. Go go city decoration for masons =)!
    I'd prefer decorations to be made from a craft thats designed for arts.