View Poll Results: What should Xsyon do with basketry?

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remove it

21 11.23%
  • Redefine it

47 25.13%
  • Leave it alone

119 63.64%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Remove Basketry

DONT REMOVE ANY CRAFTS PLZ!!!
    This game is need more craft and as I know - it be in future about 50 different craft and this is EXELENT.
    If you dont like some craft - just dont use it.
    Basketry is easyest craft for newcomers and very usefull. So OP you are wrong. And I think good if basketry maybe have little connection whith Archi.

thread please die, die now.

As the skill is now it should be renamed to something about grass, or just go ahead and add more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by xsuman80 View Post
    DONT REMOVE ANY CRAFTS PLZ!!!
    This game is need more craft and as I know - it be in future about 50 different craft and this is EXELENT.
    If you dont like some craft - just dont use it.
    Basketry is easyest craft for newcomers and very usefull. So OP you are wrong. And I think good if basketry maybe have little connection whith Archi.
    I AGREE WITH YOU +1, basketry is fine the way it is now. Just needs more recipes

I would love to see other materials like bamboo and twigs be weavable.
    I hink maybe the name needs to be changed to "Weaving" maybe

Also higher grade cloth for later in the game should be made by weavers for interdependence purposes

Keep basketry. Add pottery.

Quote Originally Posted by trenixdecease View Post
    I really dislike the basketry craft. It seems like it's a pointless craft that really could improve other crafts where they are needed, if it were to be merged with them. I'd rather have a toolcrafter find scrap metals and plastic to create pots and pans for all I care. This game needs to have a more modern touch for the trash that we're accessible to. Even a scavenger should be able to find modern containers in the trash piles.

In addition, leatherworker should be making us backpacks and tailors should be taking the ability of making "baskets" since it involves weaving. Maybe having the tailor evolve from grass crafts to cloth crafts. There is no real reason to have a useless craft like basketry. All they do is spam baskets until the overall appeal of the game gets awkward.
    You want to take away the useful elements of basketry - containers, and then take away basketry because it is useless.

Leave it alone. I want to see lots of features added before we need MORE container crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by prokop15 View Post
    No one is debating that basketry and tailoring are the same thing. Were simply saying a craft dedicated to making baskets doesn't really make long term sense for a game that has piles of scrap modern materials laying around.
    Making sense is not a forte of Xsyon's. Ever moved a large log? While swimming or climbing a hill? Put a stack of poles in your belt pouch? Cutting down a HUGE tree to get a several trimmed logs of much less volume?

Realism? Not even close.

Don't take this the wrong way OP, but to be honest as soon as you start removing things from a MMO your going to turn it into another Everquest 2, Starwars Galaxies, or World of Warcraft. Those are prime examples of games that have been ruined by people like you who want everything "redefined" and had things removed from them. And in my opinion turned them into absolute garbage for the rest of us who like to keep the game indepth.

To be honest if you don't like the craft then don't use it. Use the other ones. It's as simple as that.

cheers
    -trash

Its funny the one craft that you actually had to pick to get the basket recipe is the one some one is suggesting it be removed.