View Poll Results: What should Xsyon do with basketry?

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remove it

21 11.23%
  • Redefine it

47 25.13%
  • Leave it alone

119 63.64%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Remove Basketry

Re:Remove Basketry

People please pay more attention to test the game, and not try to change the game ok? thank you.

Management,..

joexxxz wrote:
    People please pay more attention to test the game, and not try to change the game ok? thank you.

Management,..
    Testing involves changing (and balancing) because they're asking for feedback. Removing a craft isn't changing a whole game into a whole new concept. You're blowing things out of proportion. Don't worry, I'm pretty sure that if basketry got removed, this game wont turn into a first person shooter.

My honest opinion of basketry is that it is a useless craft that will be outdated as technology increases. Hell, it should already be outdated. We should be able to make leather packs and use pottery to make pots.

This being said, I doubt removing basketry will really impact the game in a negative fashion. Saying that doing so will edit the game to extreme proportions is a little bit extreme in itself. I'd say just remove it and be done with it.

But yeah, sometimes testing involves making serious changes. Even though I doubt this qualifies as a serious change.

Like most things with this game, We have not a clue what Jordi has planned.

You could do a merge of basketry into other skills like a few of you want, But you could say a lot of the same things you are saying about basketry to all the other skills as well. Remember every thing we do today, Will be replaced with newer ways in the future.

There is a few skills I hate doing, including basketry. But I'm not asking for it to be removed. And some of you need to learn that when it comes to MMO's, Not every part of it will be for you. Enjoy the parts you like and leave the rest to the ones that enjoy them.

If you really want to help, Do like Kit, And come up with ways that can be added to the skill.

Remember that we want to build a game, Not tear it down.

aliksteel wrote:

You could do a merge of basketry into other skills like a few of you want, But you could say a lot of the same things you are saying about basketry to all the other skills as well. Remember every thing we do today, Will be replaced with newer ways in the future.

There is a few skills I hate doing, including basketry. But I'm not asking for it to be removed. And some of you need to learn that when it comes to MMO's, Not every part of it will be for you. Enjoy the parts you like and leave the rest to the ones that enjoy them.

If you really want to help, Do like Kit, And come up with ways that can be added to the skill.

It's not about hating the basketry skill, it's just that it's pointless. It should scatter its features out to other crafts to make them more valuable. It doesn't go good with the lore and like mentioned before, removing basketry wont kill this game.

prokop15 wrote:
    aliksteel wrote:

Yeah, let's just keep building on a system most of us see as fucked.
    want me to call the whaaambulance

trenixdecease wrote:
    I really dislike the basketry craft. It seems like it's a pointless craft that really could improve other crafts where they are needed, if it were to be merged with them. I'd rather have a toolcrafter find scrap metals and plastic to create pots and pans for all I care. This game needs to have a more modern touch for the trash that we're accessible to. Even a scavenger should be able to find modern containers in the trash piles.

In addition, leatherworker should be making us backpacks and tailors should be taking the ability of making "baskets" since it involves weaving. Maybe having the tailor evolve from grass crafts to cloth crafts. There is no real reason to have a useless craft like basketry. All they do is spam baskets until the overall appeal of the game gets awkward.
    dude.... How can you possibly have ANY views on the game at all if you've been registered for 10 days? Maybe actually play the game before you start crying about it.

also 130+ posts? damn...busy 10 days eh?

On topic though, Basketry is not useless, it's not the most useful at the oment but it will more than likely be fleshed out in the future.

Maybe you should concentrate on offering suggestions about actual gameplay and not about how a skill is useless because you don't like it.

I agree, grass armor is a bit of a WTF. But basketry has its place. Why cant we have a skill totally dedicated to making just baskets? Its called depth. Once teaching is in, anyone will be able to pick up the skill if they like, or dont, no one is forcing you to make baskets afterall.

prokop15 wrote:
    It's called pseudo-depth, it also just doesn't make sense. You fanboys are really goin' nuts on this one.
    Same crap I see in Wurm Online, you suggest something is stupid in the game, and everyone gets so offended like you disrespected their religion. It's whatever, you can think what you guys want. I just don't like the idea, it's pointless.