Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re:Suggestion for the players of Xsyon

One way of promoting this game would be through the various communities such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube?
    I'm unsure whether or not these options are already being used at the moment.
    Perhaps contact MMORPG.com and invite them to see the game if they aren't here already :P?

I think Xsyon has to advertise more. You can't even add it on Facebook. I use onrpg.com to find my games, Xsyon isn't on there either. It seems like the only place you could find something about Xsyon, is on someone's forums.

VeryWiiTee wrote:
    One way of promoting this game would be through the various communities such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube?
    I'm unsure whether or not these options are already being used at the moment.
    Perhaps contact MMORPG.com and invite them to see the game if they aren't here already :P?
    I'm actually in a post right now on MMORPG.com talking to people about this game. You can find the post here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g.../297335/page/1

I encourage you guys to either reply to that post and help me out or make new posts on the forum there for this game to get people to play =)

Xsyon doesn't want to start with a large population of players, that is why for now they are depending on only word of mouth.

In the past, they have asked players not to take it upon themselves to advertise for Xsyon.

Why wouldn't he want more players? That seems rather counter-productive...

Maybe they are not ready for a heavy server load?

Maybe they want time for a good community to develop?

Bigger is not always better.

Kitsume wrote:
    Maybe they are not ready for a heavy server load?

Maybe they want time for a good community to develop?

Bigger is not always better.
    I agree with 1/3. The server stability could be the biggest reason. However, small communities are hardly ever "good" communities. Also, bigger does equal better, more people means more money, and more money means more developers. More developers means more patches and a better overall game.

It probably sounds strange, but we don't want or need more hype. We're building a nice small community right now and that's exactly what we want for the Prelude.
    Xsyon wrote this like 8 months ago. I don't know if he still feels the same way or changed his mind, but Ktsume is right,we were asked not to advertise or hype the game.

We plan to send out press releases and build up hype after the Quest system is patched out as we will be close to the final wipe and Prelude launch.

We didn't want to attract too many players earlier as the launcher and server had too many issues that we needed to resolve. As everything is much more stable now, we are ready to take on more new players.

So, feel free to spread the word about Xsyon! More players are welcome now!

Uh, now see that sounds to be so freaking awesome =)!