Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re:What primary crafts do you want?

trenixdecease wrote:
    Xx1327 wrote:
    this is going along the classes route, you don't want to condense individual skills in such a vague group.

grass armors are a real thing, and its completely acceptable to have them in the basketry skill group, tho i think it should be renamed to grassworking.
    Grass armors are useless and unnecessary when mental is at hand. Basketry is an art, as is sculpting, and so on. Artistry would contain all decoration crafts which would make sense and it'd be balanced since decorations don't do anything for you anyway.

So to have all these crafts, which in my opinion isn't really that many, would make up for one big finished skill. It's not like we're craving for a new skill, there are plenty of skills that people are mentioning in this thread. Some are very nicely put together.

While I like the idea of having many skills, I would not like to have skills that would only give one benefit with useless fillers. Also, grassworking isn't even a real skill.
    So you want to have 100 little crafts instead of 5 fleshed out big skills? That is the most ignorant dumbass thing I've heard today. With the way the skill system works you would be stuck either being epic in something absolutely retarted and unnecessary like being a barber or be mediocre at everything.

You keep crying about how stuff doesn't fit the lore like we don't need statues or basketry or cisterns because it doesn't fit your idea of what an apocolypse should be. But yet you want to add all these utterly useless skills and you want a system that makes your hair grow??? are you serious because you have to be trolling right now.

And what was that comment you made about basketry/grassweaving not being a real skill? Are you talking about in reality or in game because you're wrong either way. Thousands of people around the world use weaving techniques to make baskets to sell or for storage and yes you could use some scrap you found but some people would rather not get colera from an old milk jug they found.

And visiting a dentist or you get negative effects??? really? I didn't know we were playing the sims here. I like to play the game, I don't wanna be playing the game and the guy suddenly be like "Oh you're late for your colonoscopy!!" seriously it's a game, not reality.

Whatever though, this guys proven himself to not know what he's talking about. Not even going to bother replying anymore.

prokop15 wrote:

rofl no it not a real thing
    [img size=250]http://www.donsmaps.com/images9/otzi419.jpg[/img]

what was that?

Re:What primary and secondary crafts do you want?

You know what, those of you that want a game that is based on 'reality', go play Second Life and leave us alone. Otherwise, stop trying to turn this game into Second Life on steroids-gone-stupid...

I don't mind people expressing their opinion on the small parts of a game, like "How this skill could be better used..." or "This item is bugged and needs fixed...", but when people start talking about crafting weights and cutting hair to save a life... I think it is time for them to leave... because all they want is to troll until they get what they think they want. Then when they get it, they leave because it is too tedious and ruins the meaning in something being called a game.

Ugh, I hate rambling on about this sort of thing, but it infuriates me that people would post a thread like this, expecting the developers to put this crap in a game that they've been working on, for the past 3+ years. I mean gosh... a barber that mends wounds? Someone call a Witchdoctor and be done with it...

Darenkel wrote:
    You know what, those of you that want a game that is based on 'reality', go play Second Life and leave us alone. Otherwise, stop trying to turn this game into Second Life on steroids-gone-stupid...

I don't mind people expressing their opinion on the small parts of a game, like "How this skill could be better used..." or "This item is bugged and needs fixed...", but when people start talking about crafting weights and cutting hair to save a life... I think it is time for them to leave... because all they want is to troll until they get what they think they want. Then when they get it, they leave because it is too tedious and ruins the meaning in something being called a game.

Ugh, I hate rambling on about this sort of thing, but it infuriates me that people would post a thread like this, expecting the developers to put this crap in a game that they've been working on, for the past 3+ years. I mean gosh... a barber that mends wounds? Someone call a Witchdoctor and be done with it...
    you looking for a tribe?

+1 to Darenkel's post.
    Darenkel--->(>^(>0.o)> <---This topic

First off, I'd let the moderators deal with Shrimps since he basically started a flame war on my thread and is doing nothing but harassing.

Darenkel wrote:

Second, I'm pretty sure that the BAC were just kidding. It was pretty obvious. As for a barber skill, maybe you should read the description before you freak out. In addition, this is from the official game manual.

Charm, a measure of your personality, affects animal taming, tribal leadership, religion,faith, and luck. To a lesser degree affects hairdressing.
    Funny, sounds like they're intending on making something like that anyway. By the way, barbers did aid wounds back in the medieval days. Sort of make sense, you use a sharp object and you have a sense of personal hygiene. I don't present unusual ideas without having actual facts to back it up. Maybe the whole dentist idea was a little too much along with the hair growth system.

You guys have got to stop getting butt-hurt over the stuff that the BAC people post. Hell, most of their stuff is really entertaining and tongue-in-cheek.

prokop15 wrote:
    I'd like to see a separate skill for every major muscle, like biceps, triceps, etc. You could lift weights in order to increase the skill faster than just playing normally. It would take like a certain skill level in biceps, for example, to effectively carry scrap metal. This would go a long way to creating a natural evolution curve since most people after an apocolypse wouldnt be ripped...
    Lmao :woohoo: Thanks, it was nice to start the day with a good laugh !

Well 10 pound weight is something you can find while scavenging so you might be in luck on the exercise :P

Xx1327 wrote:
    hairdressing is already planned but yes the more hairstyles(custom possibly) the better
    I guess hairdressing should be a secondary skill.