Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re:Land of the Tribal Area

I don't think their should be any glow or anything to indicate tribal land, with a exception when the guild is placing their totem. Various fences should be craftable so the players can make the boundry visible themselves.

I hate the fact that people dislike this idea just because it's user friendly. Makes me wonder why I paid for a game that's gonna be a fail clone of Wurm Online. I specifically bought this game because it was user friendly. Really hope Xyson knows better...

trenixdecease wrote:
    I specifically bought this game because it was user friendly.
    Source?

mrcalhou wrote:
    trenixdecease wrote:
    I specifically bought this game because it was user friendly.
    Source?
    From people who have already played this game. Also with the crafting setup and everything, the game is pretty user friendly. What it seems like is that everyone is coming from Wurm Online and other user unfriendly games and they're trying to make this game exactly like them. I don't get it, if you want a game like that, then go back to your original game.

The full features of the Xsyon online game world will never be fully disclosed. Part of the fun in playing is discovering the unknown. New features, skills, objects and creatures will typically be discovered in game before they are officially announced.
    Nothing in the feature list states that we must learn how to play the game. Instead, we must discover the unknown. How much longer am I gonna have to wait until we must figure out what materials go in each plan. Great way to kill this game...

trenixdecease wrote:
    I hate the fact that people dislike this idea just because it's user friendly. Makes me wonder why I paid for a game that's gonna be a fail clone of Wurm Online. I specifically bought this game because it was user friendly. Really hope Xyson knows better...
    My problem with this idea wasn't its user-friendliness ( a game should be user-friendly IMO), but that it kills immersion big time. Isn't it better if we build something (fence, road, whatever) as a visual sign of the border ?

User friendly is not the contents of the game, but how u use the program itself to play the game

Again, why would u wanna constantly see the artificial boundary line?
    Whats the point?

prokop15 wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    trenixdecease wrote:
    My problem with this idea wasn't its user-friendliness ( a game should be user-friendly IMO), but that it kills immersion big time. Isn't it better if we build something (fence, road, whatever) as a visual sign of the border ?
    No, those are things that would define a border. Our border is already defined for us.
    Hmm I can build a road in the middle of my garden and it won't define its border, will it?

Jadzia wrote:
    trenixdecease wrote:
    Not so much, players should know what is their land. I don't mind if people dislike this idea, but to say that you don't like it because it's too much, you're just asking for a difficult game. If a player chooses to have an indicator in order to see what he owns, he should be able to. No reason to frustrate someone and tell them to "go figure it out yourself". It's a game, you're supposed to have fun, rather than be annoyed.

Edit: Lets not forget that the border changes when more members join your tribe.

prokop15 wrote:
    joexxxz wrote:
    User friendly is not the contents of the game, but how u use the program itself to play the game

Again, why would u wanna constantly see the artificial boundary line?
    Whats the point?
    To see where you can build things without having to run around like a retard trying to get the system message (if there is one)
    Well, maybe when u about to place a house, then maybe u should see the borders???

To be perfectly honest, I don't like the idea that we can't build anywhere. I think the only thing that should limit a tribes land area is their ability to hold it; however that's not the issue of this thread. With that being said though, there is already in-game ways to show where your tribal area ends. Putting up a wall and then fences when those are in game.

I can understand why people would want it though. I play a lot of RTS games and hate getting the "you cannot build here." message. It's annoying.