Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re:Land of the Tribal Area

joexxxz wrote:
    prokop15 wrote:
    joexxxz wrote:
    User friendly is not the contents of the game, but how u use the program itself to play the game

Again, why would u wanna constantly see the artificial boundary line?
    Whats the point?
    To see where you can build things without having to run around like a retard trying to get the system message (if there is one)
    Well, maybe when u about to place a house, then maybe u should see the borders???
    Why not just have an option in the settings menu so you could choose to show the indicator or not. Therefore, you hardcore gamers could have fun being frustrated while I sit back and chill.

Illmaculate wrote:
    Just make it toggle so when you're in the process of placing a structure it shows the border.

/thread
    /signed

Illmaculate wrote:
    Just make it toggle so when you're in the process of placing a structure it shows the border.

/thread
    Cause then people would just be planning structures only to see the indicator. It will obviously be abused, so why not just let it be toggled through settings.

Illmaculate wrote:
    trenixdecease wrote:
    Illmaculate wrote:

/thread
    Cause then people would just be planning structures only to see the indicator. It will obviously be abused, so why not just let it be toggled through settings.
    How would it be abused? What type of advantage is seeing the indicator going to give you other than the ability to know where you can place structures...
    It would be abused in the sense that people would using plans as a way to check the indicator rather than actually planning the structure. Improper usage of a feature is considered abusive...

trenixdecease wrote:
    Illmaculate wrote:

/thread
    ...And? So what if people "abuse" it. It does NOTHING to affect gameplay other than knowing where you can safely place items (for now) and you will probably already have a good estimate to where that is.

Illmaculate wrote:
    lol OK... Hey guys, I'm just gonna chill here and pretend to place structures just so I can look at this ugly-ass green border around our territory... wow, just wow.
    Uhh yeah, borders will not only be used for structures, I also need to know it for terraforming. A green border wouldn't really mind me, which is why I suggested for a way to toggle it through settings.

mrcalhou wrote:
    ...And? So what if people "abuse" it. It does NOTHING to affect gameplay other than knowing where you can safely place items (for now) and you will probably already have a good estimate to where that is.
    Sure, it does nothing to affect the gameplay, but it's a feature that will be misused, thus meaning that it can be abused. Why not just have a way to toggle the indicator through setting so you wouldn't have to frustrate those players who would most likely be abusing the feature (like me for example). You've already mentioned that it wouldn't harm our gameplay anyway.

trenixdecease wrote:
    Illmaculate wrote:
    lol OK... Hey guys, I'm just gonna chill here and pretend to place structures just so I can look at this ugly-ass green border around our territory... wow, just wow.
    Uhh yeah, borders will not only be used for structures, I also need to know it for terraforming. A green border wouldn't really mind me, which is why I suggested for a way to toggle it through settings.

mrcalhou wrote:
    Sure, it does nothing to affect the gameplay, but it's a feature that will be misused, thus meaning that it can be abused. Why not just have a way to toggle the indicator through setting so you wouldn't have to frustrate those players who would most likely be abusing the feature (like me for example).
    I'm at a loss for words right now.

mrcalhou wrote:
    I'm at a loss for words right now.
    I'm under the assumption that you're taking the word "abuse" the wrong way. The proper definition that I'm using is "to use wrongly or improperly; misuse". It's like, why have a feature that won't be used for its purpose. Doesn't matter if it's good for bad, it's still not being used as its original intention.

Yeah. Your use of the word is technically correct in the context that you presented it, but it doesn't really reflect the way abuse is used in the gamer's lexicon.

Anyway... Whatever.

Illmaculate wrote:
    trenixdecease wrote:
    Illmaculate wrote:

/thread
    How would it be abused? What type of advantage is seeing the indicator going to give you other than the ability to know where you can place structures...
    hahaha loving it. illmaculate has the right idea here actually