Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Land of the Tribal Area

So, a nice idea Suggestion besides the name being displayed on the screen that you guys kind of something more visible the marks of the picture below

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2307/...cd3a8a1128.jpg

*Sorry for poor english i confess use traslator
    **Lol another img has del from server ....

Re:Land of the Tribal Area

He is referring to boundary markers for tribal land.

I actually agree, we should know where our land ends. It should be similar to Black & White 2, where a light green beam shows you how far it reaches.

Also, like Black & White 2, depending on our alignment, the terrain of our tribal land should change. For example, bad alignment would make terrain blight. Good alignment would make the terrain bloom flowers and such while neutral alignment wont do anything.

I had thought about this for a while and I was kinda on the fence with it. While it would help us see definitively how far your tribe's land reaches out, it would take away from the realism. However, this is in fact a video game, so I eventually fell on your side of the fence. I agree that we need some kind of in-game marker of sorts, but nothing too flashy or anything like that. Keep It Simple Stupid

I personally like it how it is...no artificial barrier is visible, you're just informed when you cross it. I pretty much understand where my tribal area is just from crossing it so many times. Or we could build a wall/fence....that would be visible from a good distance. With all the Devs have on their plate at this time, I think it would be a waste of time with little benefit to actual game play. You can use a shovel to "Clear land" when you step into your area...do that around the entire perimitter and you'll see pretty much of your property.

Deacon wrote:
    I personally like it how it is...no artificial barrier is visible, you're just informed when you cross it. I pretty much understand where my tribal area is just from crossing it so many times. Or we could build a wall/fence....that would be visible from a good distance. With all the Devs have on their plate at this time, I think it would be a waste of time with little benefit to actual game play. You can use a shovel to "Clear land" when you step into your area...do that around the entire perimitter and you'll see pretty much of your property.
    I agree Deacon. The above posters are talking ideas from single player strategy games and trying to place them in a realistic MMO setting. It would be just terrible ! There are enough rules in this game already.

What the OP does not get is that this is a sandbox game.

Saorlan wrote:
    I agree Deacon. The above posters are talking ideas from single player strategy games and trying to place them in a realistic MMO setting. It would be just terrible ! There are enough rules in this game already.

What the OP does not get is that this is a sandbox game.
    So what you're trying to say, is that an indicator will make a MMO sandbox game into a single player strategy game? I don't quite understand you, the idea was to make it more user friendly.

I agree with Deacon as well.
    Furthermore I wouldn't like my tribe's area to be exposed that easily.

theres no need for it we can find our barriers, in those games that system of borders is needed for smooth game play. we have a DIY method for finding the territories and marking it off which makes it part of the fun. keep it the way it is

VeryWiiTee wrote:
    I agree with Deacon as well.
    Furthermore I wouldn't like my tribe's area to be exposed that easily.
    What if it's only visible to your tribe members?