Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: forum polls

Forum Suggestions

Three features that I'd like to see on the forums...
    • A way to thumbs up or down on a post. Very similar to League of Legend's forums.
    • Allow us to create polls, good way to get some statistical feedback.
    • Give us the ability to delete our own posts.

Re: Forum Suggestions

Thumbs down doesn't say much about an idea other then you don't like it, which in all honesty, isn't good enough. If you don't like something you should take the time to reasonably state why and maybe give some ideas on tweaking the original.

polls on forums are not a very good. Only a very small percentage of players actually use forums. For example there are 1k+ pre-orders yet only about 20-30 people that use the forums.

forum polls

I HATE THESE MOD TOOLS!

Virtus wrote:
    Thumbs down doesn't say much about an idea other then you don't like it, which in all honesty, isn't good enough. If you don't like something you should take the time to reasonably state why and maybe give some ideas on tweaking the original.

polls on forums are not a very good. Only a very small percentage of players actually use forums. For example there are 1k+ pre-orders yet only about 20-30 people that use the forums.
    Give away free copys to active forum posters so that there is alittle action here then? :P

I got my free copy today so thanks and Ill try to post more now.

Make me a mod and Ill take care of the unwanted forummembers.

Always possible to do game polls, before you can start the game make it hard to click away the poll if its vital, or simply create a means to do it in game via some special method.

And should this be placed in the T&S board?

Re:forum polls

Updated original post, we should be allowed to delete our own threads. If we start it, we should be able to end it. Great way to reduce the amount of useless posts.

Re:forum polls

that's to do with forum design fail

just another reason why I hate it... :angry:

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    At first, I agreed with you. However, after noticing that most people result to flame wars, I'm referring back to my post. It's not like people can't reply saying, "I disagree" or "I agree" because I've already seen that a few times. Such replies are just piling up threads for no reason. Some people are also not mature enough to handle criticism. So such a feature will stop unnecessary trolling and harassments. If players could also vote up for responses, there wouldn't be so many repetitive replies. What if my input was the same as someone else's? Should I quote them and say "this"?

if people want to troll they will do so, thumbs up or down won't stop them