Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

In-game Polls/Surverys

If it's something that I've learned, player's opinions on the forums are much different than those who are actually playing the game. To have a successful game, you should be asking for feedback, especially ingame, even more so because this game does involve some grinding. With all that grinding time, players could be filling out surveys and polls which in return, would be giving you guys constructive feedback. Even more important, this would filter out all those people who talk a lot of trash on the forums, but don't even play the game to begin with.

Of course this would be an option and wouldn't be a "requirement". Therefore, in order to take poll/surveys, the users should navigate through the menu to do so. I believe that Aion had a nice feedback system. They've asked what should be worked on and what peoples would like to see more of. Because of that, it's making the game last a whole lot longer.

I'm sure most people don't enjoy jumping into the forums to give some feedback. They'd much rather do it ingame and at the same time, still having their voice be heard. Maybe even adding a feedback button which would allow players to write feedbacks ingame would solve that issue. In addition, there should also be a way to fill out bug reports ingame. These features could be added in the game menu and even the ingame toolbar.

Re: In-game Polls/Surverys

Yourself is included in all those trash-talking people yeah?

There is a huge difference on the Xsyon Citizen forum and the Xsyon Forums. Most of all because all these trash-talking people on the Xsyon Citizen forum are actually people whom have bought the game already they are in their right to talk here.

Doing polls is an alright way of getting response but not any sort of survey that gives any details at all, thus you won't get the background on the subject, which probably is the important part of a game survey.
    And honestly I hate in-game polls/surveys especially how Aion did it. I don't pay to look at that in-game. They can arrange such sorts out side the game.
    Bug reporting would be okay, I prefer to just gather a bunch of bugs and sent them in together instead of reporting each one when I find it.

Preferably keep all the non-gaming out of the game. Ie. polls and surveys.

VeryWiiTee wrote:
    Yourself is included in all those trash-talking people yeah?
    Is a great example of trash talking. Many people will not want such negative responses and personal attacks after giving their feedback. So simply, they won't give some constructive feedback to begin with. That's a problem because they should have a right to say what they like without being judged. Some of these people usually have the best ideas.

VeryWiiTee wrote:
    There is a huge difference on the Xsyon Citizen forum and the Xsyon Forums. Most of all because all these trash-talking people on the Xsyon Citizen forum are actually people whom have bought the game already they are in their right to talk here.
    There actually is no right to trash talk, it's pretty much stated in the forum rules. Such behavior hurts a games population. Like Wurm Online for example, all the veteran players say what they like and shut down newcomers all the time. Funny part about it, all the moderators are on their side because they are part of the veteran player base. So what do the moderators do? Nothing. What do the newcomers do? They quit.

When a game is community based, there should be some form of limitations. Allow new people to come and state their suggestions without being bashed by pretty much, everyone. I also feel that Xyson wont be as corrupt as Wurm Online because these people are being paid to watch over us rather than being volunteers.

It was a cunning remark that you just as much as me will trash-talk on a forum regardless of how stupid it may be. You defo aren't a saint, neither am I.. That was what I wanted to state.

IN THEIR RIGHT TO TALK. Not in their right to talk trash, but they might do it.
    - But this area, the citizen area, is a paid forum (no entry unless you have bought the game).
    If they don't agree with you, then that is not trash-talking. If they still don't agree with you, they are still not trash-talking and honestly, I've not seen that much trash-talk that I wanted to make anyone aware of it. I think there are a few players that takes it a bit too serious.

Anywho, you threw your own topic off-topic.

Still don't agree with surveys and polls in-game. Do it outside of the game.

I agree with the OP. The majority of players never read the forum, even less posts on it. If the developers really want to know the opinion of their playerbase about a certain topic after launch, they should ask it in-game. 20-30 loud posters (including myself :P ) never represent the whole community.

In-game Polls/Surverys

please hold, stupid mod tools.

Re:In-game Polls/Surverys

One way to make it non-intrusive into game would be a poll at log in...if you play...you will see it...if you care...you will answer it. Have the login system auto-mail the answer into the server. Then each "Vote" is linked to an account.

Important update and patch messages could also be displayed with/without a poll as well.

Deacon wrote:
    One way to make it non-intrusive into game would be a poll at log in...if you play...you will see it...if you care...you will answer it. Have the login system auto-mail the answer into the server. Then each "Vote" is linked to an account.

Important update and patch messages could also be displayed with/without a poll as well.
    Great idea!

Deacon wrote:

Yup that's the best way to do it. WorldWar2Online does it that way and they've been running since 2001 so they have a bit of experience in that area.

Forum polls are a quick fix if you don't want to invest the time to do it in game but they're not as accurate and you won't get nearly as many votes.

Deacon wrote:

The thing is, the game involves grinding. Would be nice filling out some polls and surveys while you're grinding for materials.