After checking out the gallery, broken down automobiles really make their way into an apocalyptic atmosphere. However, it's pretty obvious that they'd be useless. After reviewing this thread... http://www.xsyon.com/forums/30-prelu...omobiles#30259

In reponse to Xsyon...

Xsyon wrote:
I haven't decided yet if these cars will be seen in the starting zone or will be found as the green mist clears.

Originally these were intended as decorative objects, but I'd like to make them more interactive. That of course takes time, so it's the main reason I might add them in later.
My Suggestion

My solution in making broken down automobiles useful, rather than a decoration, why not use them for their locks? I mean, after putting together a car, we could either obtain a key, or we'd have to create one. Being that we're far from installing knobs for houses, cars could be the next best thing for storage.

But of course, the models need to be tweaked a little to have metal plates covering the windows for the vehicles. That could make up for the actual part that we'd be crafting. Not sure if there will be locks for containers, but a vehicle would be one big container and it would definitely add to the apocalyptic appeal.