Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re:Move totem without disbanding the tribe

I thought of another possible solution.

You would be able to set the base of the totem by the elevation, so in order to keep from having floating poles the pole length would compensate based on the height. The allowable height would be based on the height of the ground.

You would neeed to be able to terraform under neath and around the pole to make this work.

KeithStone wrote:
    I thought of another possible solution.

You would be able to set the base of the totem by the elevation, so in order to keep from having floating poles the pole length would compensate based on the height. The allowable height would be based on the height of the ground.

You would neeed to be able to terraform under neath and around the pole to make this work.

Yeah, the easiest solution would be allowing terraforming around and under totem...but peg the totem base to elevation of ground it is on.

Maybe.... you could just allow the tribe leader to move the totem like you would a construction plan so you can terraform where it is to be placed. During this move the tribal land would not move and the totem would not be accessible until you clicked the "Plant" button. (like the build button) After planting the totem the tribe borders would adjust accordingly and the Totem would be flagged as immovable for a period of maybe 30days. other restrictions could be added to prevent exploit such as:
    Totems can not be move while non tribe members are within the tribal borders.
    Totems can not be planted while non tribe members are within the projected tribal area.
    Totems that are not Planted within a time frame of maybe 4 hours from its move would auto disband the tribe.

:dry:

Maybe if we had these choices:

Leader can shift the totem, no more than once a week (or some other time period) up to 10 meters. Shift would work like Architecture's ghost object shift.

If a tribe decides to move to a new location, either allow this twice per tribe or have a staff member unlock the remove totem command so they can take down the totem without disbanding the tribe. Otherwise the tribe could disband and reform at the new location, just as it is now.

I think it should just be made simple, without all of that involvement coming into play. How about the leader can pick it up and move it, period. It's not like it's going to break the game, or move your area of influence for that matter.

Gamefreak wrote:
    I think it should just be made simple, without all of that involvement coming into play. How about the leader can pick it up and move it, period. It's not like it's going to break the game, or move your area of influence for that matter.
    The only problem with that is the ability to exploit it during a siege. If the leader can just pack up the totem whenever he wants and drop it where ever. He could easily just pick up the totem and run off to prevent its capture.

Another exploit would be the leader picking up the totem and moving tribe next to another tribe to be used as a siege camp.(If any bonuses are given to players in their own tribal territory.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tybalt View Post
    Gamefreak wrote:

Another exploit would be the leader picking up the totem and moving tribe next to another tribe to be used as a siege camp.(If any bonuses are given to players in their own tribal territory.)
    once a seige is placed you wouldn't be able to move it- that's a simple fix.

I dont think siege in Xsyon will be like darkfall...there isn't a mechanic of seige...it's just people attacking I think.

The problem with moving totem, is the circumference of tribe influence. There will hopefully be many tribes at launch, and just moving the totem can run into difficulties with boundaries. What would become of structures that were built by the tribe, but because totem was moved, is no longer in the sphere of infuence?

I can't remember an official post saying that there will be siege mechanics or that tribal territory or totems can be captured.

If you think about it what do you do if you happen to capture another tribe's territory/totem? Abandon your previous settlement?

I don't think in Xsyon there will be massive or even small scale sieges as there are in some other MMOs.

I believe we are all under the assumption that we will be tasked in defending our totem. If this is not implemented in game, there is no need for walls. Which will free up a lot of my time. If Tribes are going to remain much as they are now. That puts a whole new spin on my approch to this game. Maybe Jookie can clear some of this up for us?