Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyip View Post
    How can you set prices on items. It is what the individual tribe needs. Say you need nails and I need metal plates. Its a fair trade 1 to 1. Some tribes are gonna be short on items other tribes have alot of. So the "price" on something would change everyday to even every few hours. It is all up to you what you think it is worth what at what time.. Say I have bolts and you want to trade me nails for them and they are set high on your price list. Doesnt mean I want them or need them. So to me the nails are worthless. I will not trade for them. So you guys in the guild should know what is needed. If you dont. ask. And as of right now I would not trade for the money that can be scavanged. cause there is no use for it.
    You set prices or Value on items for your tribal Needs. Not for the random trader that happens by. If someone is paying a lot or sets a high value on Bolts, it is because the Tribe needs them.
    The idea is, if you come to a tribe, and they are paying a lot for bolts, you bring bolts to sell to them for items they might have that you value more.
    It is a fairly simple consept. Value is determined by Supply and Demand... Sparking anything there?

Quote Originally Posted by Tybalt View Post
    Value is determined by Supply and Demand... Sparking anything there?
    No shit really? You can leave the whole currancy out though is what I am saying. It is always better to trade goods for goods. You get what you want and I get what I want. money is pointless unleess you need to say pay for tribal upkeep or something.
    Money will only hold a value if the game makes you pay for something. otherwise it is worthless. unless you an rper or something.

No shit really? You can leave the whole currancy out though is what I am saying. It is always better to trade goods for goods. You get what you want and I get what I want. money is pointless unleess you need to say pay for tribal upkeep or something.
    Money will only hold a value if the game makes you pay for something. otherwise it is worthless. unless you an rper or something.
    So... if a tribe was only wanting 1 thing and you just happened to NOT have with you... would you rather be screwed out of getting any trading in, or would you prefer to at least get something out of your haul?

Quote Originally Posted by Darenkel View Post
    So... if a tribe was only wanting 1 thing and you just happened to NOT have with you... would you rather be screwed out of getting any trading in, or would you prefer to at least get something out of your haul?
    I'm not following you. Are you suggesting that a tribe only wanting that 1 thing would buy the other unwanted goods if they could use currency to do so?

I take it you have not been following this thread very close. You would know that My proposed system is based around No global or tribal currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybalt View Post
    I like where this thread was going...

Set up Tribal Markets instead of banks.
    The Leader of that tribe or someone he appoints then goes through a list of items or resources and assigns point values to them.

Long Log: 5.00 vp
    Short Log: 2.50 vp
    Mountain Whitefish: 3.75 vp
    Leather: 2.50 vp
    Leather scrap: 1.00 vp
    Screw: 0.25 vp

and so on.
    When a player comes to a tribe, he can check the value placed on certain items and then knows what to bring to the tribe for trade.

If he needs Screws and happens to have brought some Mt.whitefish with him. He could sell his fish for 15 screws if that amount is available.

You would not have to assign value to all items in the game. just those your tribe needs/wants. all other items would not be accepted for trade until you assigned them a value.

This system would fully implement supply and demand. And would negate the need for a global standard currency.
    Just putting it back out there for people that are to lazy to read pages other than the first and last of a topic. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    I'm not following you. Are you suggesting that a tribe only wanting that 1 thing would buy the other unwanted goods if they could use currency to do so?
    If demand is low for an item, the price/value is generally low as well.