Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    I agree morigen, on most of what you said, thats my point, I have seen many people do that macro and play, theya re logged on to the game non stop, nearly... also use them to make gold .

I like games that it takes me years to skill up or level, because if it did not then I quit as what is left to do???? Games back in the day like AC1 that game took years to max level until the combat macros came.

Most people use a scripting tool, or a keyboard to do macro's, some make a program on there own.. There is some programs that will detect ACtool, auto it, any scripting tool and I bet 75% of people use then tool to macro.... I know of a few programs that will warn or ban u soon as u log in and it will detect these programs...

I have tested programs I have seen out there as i,m in the gaming field, I like to make a game one day , so I test alot of stuff, and one is this as I can't stand cheaters. I find this to be cheating.

Anyhow thats my 2 cents on this subject and I hope this game is not ruined like every other sandbox on the market..

Anyone consider the fact that softcaps will make macroing kinda pointless? Yeah didn't think so.

If you have 100 running and hiding then getting fighting skills raised is going to be harder due to the softcap....that's how softcaps work so if you wanna have maxed out runnig and sprinting and no combat skills then go for it just don't complain when you have to run from angry possums.

And don't even start crying about how softcaps are limitations and this is a sandbox blah blah blah...

Even a sandbox has gotta have walls to keep the sand in.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimps View Post
    Anyone consider the fact that softcaps will make macroing kinda pointless? Yeah didn't think so.

If you have 100 running and hiding then getting fighting skills raised is going to be harder due to the softcap....that's how softcaps work so if you wanna have maxed out runnig and sprinting and no combat skills then go for it just don't complain when you have to run from angry possums.

And don't even start crying about how softcaps are limitations and this is a sandbox blah blah blah...

Opossum*

Quote Originally Posted by Tybalt View Post
    Opossum*
    Opossum why you gotta chew my leg like that? :P

Xsyon Citizen
    Think of it this way though. You macro, your account gets banned. You then re-purchase the game and macro again. Thing is, your actually benefiting Notorious games by purchasing their games and helping them fund their team by battling macro's.
    Either way, those who macro will be loosing.

---
    Darkrounge.

Quote Originally Posted by darkrounge View Post
    Think of it this way though. You macro, your account gets banned. You then re-purchase the game and macro again. Thing is, your actually benefiting Notorious games by purchasing their games and helping them fund their team by battling macro's.

---
    Darkrounge.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimps View Post

This is true until you hit a soft cap, and then the macro people come back and reap even greater rewards.
    Think of it this way, say soft cap is at 1000 points. They macro the skills they want first, then macro the skills they dont really care about either way, so they are at 2000 points with 1000 points in the ones they want.

While people that dont macro will only have 1000 skill points give or take what they push over soft cap. These macroers will keep getting skill points because they wont care about soft cap, while it will take you longer and longer time which is worth something. Theirs is not. Its like free time to them.

Quote Originally Posted by darkrounge View Post

---
    Darkrounge.

Until they put a system to auto detect macro programs, I doubt people will be banned often. Ive seen it in many games already.