Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
    ...you have your tribe members to help you. Which, correct me if I'm wrong, is the entire concept of the game.

Generally, yes, but not exactly. Jooky himself has said that solo play will be very possible but isn't in the game just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Skill gain for Hiding and other skills that players try to macro will be adjusted before the launch.
    Correct me if I'm wrong ....but wont this actually increase the reason to macro ?

Let's define what is and isnt legal first...so solutions can be decided around that. Like, is ATK macroing legal, or is ALL macroing Illegal?

Like you said to me, we want the game to be enjoyable. I do not think that adding more complexity to gathering materials will be a good idea because of the point you made yourself. Your remark about dying because you can't catch a fish is a bit extreme. If this game is going to incorporate any sense of realism, extreme starvation should result in death. Plus, if you can't catch a fish or find food, your not much of a survivor and probably wouldn't make it in a post apocalyptic world. That, and you have your tribe members to help you. Which, correct me if I'm wrong, is the entire concept of the game.
    Complexity is very much appreciated, but not in the sense of user unfriendliness. For example, obtaining bait and watching over a bobber would be a more complex system that will remove macroing for free food, which is a huge issue. I'm sure Xsyon could think of more and even better ways.

As for starvation, you need to realize that this is after all a game. Keeping that in mind, realism should not be affecting my overall gameplay. You come in trying to punish macroers and by doing so, you affect the newcomer's gameplay and even those who took no part in macroing. This is not user friendly or even ethical. Hunger and thirst is supposed to punish players, not kill them. I'm sure that was intended for a reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong ....but wont this actually increase the reason to macro ?
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Take Hiding out. Problem solved for that one. It's a dumb skill, anyway.

No camera panning. Very limited zoom. Let us sneak around in a more strategic/skillful manner.

lets not start removing features because a couple people dont like them....

Or you could make it if your food and water levels deplete completely for a long period of time, your character will die. This would prevent people from leaving the game on for long periods of time and macroing. Of course, just a thought.

maybe not die...but stop gaining skills if your hungry and thirsty.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    maybe not die...but stop gaining skills if your hungry and thirsty.
    Now this sounds like a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by trenixdecease View Post
    Now this sounds like a great idea.
    See, GameFreak's idea has born what could be a good idea from someone else. I don't mind either way really, dying or no skill gain. However I really would need something that said "You're pretty damned hungry and are going to die soon." because right now, I run outta food/water all the time and don't notice. heh

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkan View Post
    See, GameFreak's idea has born what could be a good idea from someone else. I don't mind either way really, dying or no skill gain. However I really would need something that said "You're pretty damned hungry and are going to die soon." because right now, I run outta food/water all the time and don't notice. heh
    A warning message would become annoying. I usually find out that I'm starving or thirsty by noticing that my energy is low, that's pretty realistic if you ask me. GameFreak's idea definitely contributed in finding solution, but it seems too problematic for its own good.

So looking at an energy bar on the screen is realistic, but a message on the screen in text (like one that would go through your head, saying "I'm hungry"), is too far out there? Personally, I couldn't give a crap about realism, I want fun.

However, I'm a firm believer in options. Therefore, assuming the only people playing this game are commenting in this thread...

A loss of skill gain is acceptable, when starving/thirsty.

A message if any, should be optional.

Problem solved.

Again, assuming no one else is playing the game, has ideas of what the game should be to THEM or otherwise just disagree because they feel like it. We're all set! =)

So looking at an energy bar on the screen is realistic, but a message on the screen in text (like one that would go through your head, saying "I'm hungry"), is too far out there? Personally, I couldn't give a crap about realism, I want fun.
    Oh sorry, I should of been more specific. I meant that I could visually see when my character is hungry or thirsty because he frequently gets out of breath. That's my non-message alert that I must eat or drink without relying on any meters.

A message if any, should be optional.
    It should be optional.