Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by trenixdecease View Post
    Complexity is very much appreciated, but not in the sense of user unfriendliness. For example, obtaining bait and watching over a bobber would be a more complex system that will remove macroing for free food, which is a huge issue. I'm sure Xsyon could think of more and even better ways.

As for starvation, you need to realize that this is after all a game. Keeping that in mind, realism should not be affecting my overall gameplay. You come in trying to punish macroers and by doing so, you affect the newcomer's gameplay and even those who took no part in macroing. This is not user friendly or even ethical. Hunger and thirst is supposed to punish players, not kill them. I'm sure that was intended for a reason...

I agree.
    I'm sure that Jooky can find a better solution too. If you are, however, waiting for Jooky to find a solution, why do you even bother posting? Just let him take care of the problem.

You're so quick to judge other peoples ideas, yet you don't offer any in return. It's a two sided coin my friend. How about you come up with an idea now?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
    I'm sure that Jooky can find a better solution too. If you are, however, waiting for Jooky to find a solution, why do you even bother posting? Just let him take care of the problem.

You're so quick to judge other peoples ideas, yet you don't offer any in return. It's a two sided coin my friend. How about you come up with an idea now?
    If I'm not mistaken, I have offered some constructive ideas. People need to stop taking arguments so personally. Just because I don't agree with you, doesn't mean that I'm personally attacking you. There is no grudges, if I honestly like the idea, I'd let you know. I'd be a little upset if hunger and thirst started to kill me. So yeah, I will give you opinion on why such ideas are flawed.

If I'm not mistaken, I have offered some constructive ideas. People need to stop taking arguments so personally. Just because I don't agree with you, doesn't mean that I'm personally attacking you. There is no grudges, if I honestly like the idea, I'd let you know. I'd be a little upset if hunger and thirst started to kill me. So yeah, I will give you opinion on why such ideas are flawed.
    I don't read it as personal attacks, if I was upset for every person who disagreed with me on internet forums, I'd be a very depressed person.

I don't think anyone cares what your opinion is or if you have one, but when you post things like "That's the worst idea I've ever seen", people might tend to get pissed off at you and either snap on you or not be as considerate towards you. Actually, fuck the might part. They WILL get pissed off at you.

I don't read it as personal attacks, if I was upset for every person who disagreed with me on internet forums, I'd be a very depressed person.

I don't think anyone cares what your opinion is or if you have one, but when you post things like "That's the worst idea I've ever seen", people might tend to get pissed off at you and either snap on you or not be as considerate towards you. Actually, fuck the might part. They WILL get pissed off at you.
    That seems quite contradicting. I didn't mean that you're stupid, I just meant that your idea was bad. I've had people say harsher things about my armor repairing system. So what, I grasped their feedback and understood where they were coming from. I eventually even deleted my thread because of it. I'm not afraid to admit that I was wrong, seems like in today's society, everyone is. So is it wrong for me to despise an idea more than others? Such an idea would affect my overall gameplay.

That seems quite contradicting. I didn't mean that you're stupid, I just meant that your idea was bad. I've had people say harsher things about my armor repairing system. So what, I grasped their feedback and understood where they were coming from. I eventually even deleted my thread because of it. I'm not afraid to admit that I was wrong, seems like in today's society, everyone is. So is it wrong for me to despise an idea more than others? Such an idea would affect my overall gameplay.
    I never said I thought you called me stupid.

But whatever, trying to argue with you or have a constructive debate is like walking in a circle.

How about we say your ideas are a work of art and lets drop this now.

I never said I thought you called me stupid.

But whatever, trying to argue with you or have a constructive debate is like walking in a circle.
    And trying to explain something to you is like talking to a wall.

Another thread hit with the "+5 personal-feelings thread-derailing penny of doom." Whenever me and all my buddies play Magic: The Gathering as a group instead of one-on-one it always devolves into "Table-top politics" (A term I coined with my group, but I'm pretty sure I heard it somewhere else before that), and petty arguing.

Anyway, it'd be cool as hell if when we were fishing we had to watch the bob(?) and even fight the fish. I remember having so much fun fishing in Breath of Fire 3. Not so much in Monster Hunter, but that's still a better system than click and wait.

It'd also be really cool if when chopping down a tree you had to pay attention a balance meter to make sure it won't topple on you, and you could use different abilities like low strike and high strike to balance it out and have an ability that takes off more of the tree's life guage but takes more stamina and throws the tree off-balance (yeah, I never actually tried cutting down a tree in real life before).

And a similar thing to crafting. Like you can apply different "techniques" when crafting something to affect it's overall quality (damage/defense, Attack speed(weapon balance)/weight, max durability). Make it into a minigame.

And trying to explain something to you is like talking to a wall.
    Really? Wow! We must have the same feelings about eachother!

Maybe we're soul mates?

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    Anyway, it'd be cool as hell if when we were fishing we had to watch the bob(?) and even fight the fish. I remember having so much fun fishing in Breath of Fire 3. Not so much in Monster Hunter, but that's still a better system than click and wait.

It'd also be really cool if when chopping down a tree you had to pay attention a balance meter to make sure it won't topple on you, and you could use different abilities like low strike and high strike to balance it out and have an ability that takes off more of the tree's life guage but takes more stamina and throws the tree off-balance (yeah, I never actually tried cutting down a tree in real life before).

And a similar thing to crafting. Like you can apply different "techniques" when crafting something to affect it's overall quality (damage/defense, Attack speed(weapon balance)/weight, max durability). Make it into a minigame.
    I like all of these ideas and would love to see them in game. Would also prevent (or at least help) with macroing issues, etc.

With the crafting, I'd like to see a mini game kind of like you said for chopping trees. You have to move the mouse through a maze of some sort without touching walls, if you touch walls, it decreases various stats on the item. Depending on what you're trying to make, tools used, quality of materials, etc.. this "maze" would be easier or harder to navigate and thus get a "perfect" item. This would make a crafters "skill" matter and also make items that are varied in stats.

I like the idea about the balance meter, it would make the game much more interesting in terms of gathering. I also think that the crafting idea you had there has some merit.