Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Minigames for crafting is not the way to go. Such things like chopping down trees seems like it'd be hard to macro in the first place. If you'd want it to be more entertaining, check out Aion's gathering system. There is two bars, fail and success. You can also get criticals that increase the success bar depending on the level of your skill. Sometimes, with a high enough skill, you could instantly critical a craft, by doing so, the crafted item becomes more valuable.

my question is to start off with what exactly are these macro'ing problems/issues that ppl are saying they have.. first off lets just say the skills that u can macro easily at this point: Hiding ( ok buddy u try to macro this and see how long it takes while even macoing), terraforming (ok how long will u get any levling points from this before u can't anymore and thats the only reason to macro this cause come on u do not learn how to dig a hole any better) and lastly fishing (ok and dam u want to cry cause u are gathering food.......). Ok now to get on with some ideas it is one thing to say something is wrong but to not give any ideas on how to better is just being ignorant come on give some ideas its beta basicly. No need to be a ass as of yet but what goes in comes in..... And another thing i know the guides/admins are watching and do spawn animals near those that macro... to say maybe die a cpl times lol

Quote Originally Posted by Helith View Post
    my question is to start off with what exactly are these macro'ing problems/issues that ppl are saying they have.. first off lets just say the skills that u can macro easily at this point: Hiding ( ok buddy u try to macro this and see how long it takes while even macoing), terraforming (ok how long will u get any levling points from this before u can't anymore and thats the only reason to macro this cause come on u do not learn how to dig a hole any better) and lastly fishing (ok and dam u want to cry cause u are gathering food.......).
    So basically you're supporting the fact that people macro, possibly cause you do it yourself. Interesting..

Quote Originally Posted by Helith View Post
    Ok now to get on with some ideas it is one thing to say something is wrong but to not give any ideas on how to better is just being ignorant come on give some ideas its beta basicly. No need to be a ass as of yet but what goes in comes in..... And another thing i know the guides/admins are watching and do spawn animals near those that macro... to say maybe die a cpl times lol
    I've given better ideas, maybe you just choose to neglect them. I'm not being an ass, an ass is someone who gets offended because someone disagrees with them. Not all ideas are good, like for example, accepting the idea of macroing.

Quote Originally Posted by trenixdecease View Post
    Minigames for crafting is not the way to go. Such things like chopping down trees seems like it'd be hard to macro in the first place. If you'd want it to be more entertaining, check out Aion's gathering system. There is two bars, fail and success. You can also get criticals that increase the success bar depending on the level of your skill. Sometimes, with a high enough skill, you could instantly critical a craft, by doing so, the crafted item becomes more valuable.
    This is where statements like "Minigames for crafting is not the way to go." need to be understood as that's your opinion and not fact, and also not necessarily even the general consensus (although it might be, I dunno).

See, I HATED Aion's crafting and what you describe to me is just another boring "progress bar". I'm not saying my idea is perfect, etc.. I'm sure it's not. But it sounds FUN to me and that's why I play games. It might not to you and we come to the whole "who wants what" argument. When ultimately, while I know our voices are heard, neither of us is actually making the call so it doesn't matter. But getting the opinions out there is good, on both sides. But I think your blanket statements that come off as "fact" not "opinion" as quoted are what get people irk'd a bit.

Minigames for crafting is not the way to go.
    Why ? A good minigame which fits well in the game can be fun.

Macroing is like having a debate about religion or politics. Everyone has their beliefs and pretty much no one is changing anyone else's mind.

Personally, I want a game that doesn't allow it. But I also want a game that makes what I'm doing fun, not tedious carpal tunnel inducing pain.

Finding that balance is like the holy grail of game balance. However, there will ALWAYS be someone who will macro no matter what you do to make it fun, because so long as there's a number that can increase... someone's going to macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkan View Post
    This is where statements like "Minigames for crafting is not the way to go." need to be understood as that's your opinion and not fact, and also not necessarily even the general consensus (although it might be, I dunno).

See, I HATED Aion's crafting and what you describe to me is just another boring "progress bar". I'm not saying my idea is perfect, etc.. I'm sure it's not. But it sounds FUN to me and that's why I play games. It might not to you and we come to the whole "who wants what" argument. When ultimately, while I know our voices are heard, neither of us is actually making the call so it doesn't matter. But getting the opinions out there is good, on both sides. But I think your blanket statements that come off as "fact" not "opinion" as quoted are what get people irk'd a bit.
    That was my opinion, as it doesn't seem to fit well with a crafting gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Why ? A good minigame which fits well in the game can be fun.
    It depends what people define a minigame. If I am picking up sand and tetris pops up, that's sort of strange. Minigames for maybe lockpicking, like using your mouse to properly turn the pick, that's something a little different. Unless the minigame is realistic, I think gathering and crafting should remain the same. I understand that realism isn't the best way to go, but without any of it, the game will become way off topic.

That was my opinion, as it doesn't seem to fit well with a crafting gameplay.

It depends what people define a minigame. If I am picking up sand and tetris pops up, that's sort of strange. Minigames for maybe lockpicking, like using your mouse to properly turn the pick, that's something a little different. Unless the minigame is realistic, I think gathering and crafting should remain the same. I understand that realism isn't the best way to go, but without any of it, the game will become way off topic.
    He is saying that you make your statements sound like a fact rather than an opinion.

It's called writing in non passive form.

For example:

Fishing is a terrible skill. (Non-passive)

Fishing could be a terrible skill. (Passive) or, In my opinion, fishing could/is a terrible skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
    He is saying that you make your statements sound like a fact rather than an opinion.

It's called writing in non passive form.

For example:

Fishing is a terrible skill. (Non-passive)

Fishing could be a terrible skill. (Passive) or, In my opinion, fishing could/is a terrible skill.
    Wow, these forums are starting annoy me with everything turning into a quick rely. Anyway, since I accidentally deleted what I was originally gonna say, what I said above was an opinion with predetermined facts. Why should I rephrase all my sentences because people get the wrong idea? Fact, this game is rated M for mature. Therefore, minigames are not the way to go.

If you don't want people getting the wrong idea from your posts, try wording them correctly. Minigames not being the way to go is your opinion, not a fact. The fact that people here disagree with you proves that, otherwise it would be unanimous.

If you don't understand this, and I'm like talking to a brick wall, one really has to wonder what that makes you.