Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
    If you don't want people getting the wrong idea from your posts, try wording them correctly. Minigames not being the way to go is your opinion, not a fact. The fact that people here disagree with you proves that, otherwise it would be unanimous.

If you don't understand this, and I'm like talking to a brick wall, one really has to wonder what that makes you.
    People will always disagree and agree, unlike most of you, I don't judge people because of it. I'm always the last one to make personal attacks because I hold a sense of maturity, which questions me about some of the opinions of others when dealing with minigames. My god, am I ever going to be able to have a proper argument without having someone come up with an insult? It just really ruins all your credibility and will only make me think twice about agreeing with you. Everyone needs to calm down and step away from the forums, you're taking things too personal when they were never meant to be. It's just a forum...

Quote Originally Posted by trenixdecease View Post
    People will always disagree and agree, unlike most of you, I don't judge people because of it. I'm always the last one to make personal attacks because I hold a sense of maturity, which questions me about some of the opinions of others when dealing with minigames. My god, am I ever going to be able to have a proper argument without having people come up with insults? It just really ruins all your credibility and will only make me think twice about agreeing with you. Everyone needs to calm down and step away from the forums, you're taking things too personal when they were never meant to be. It's just a forum...
    I don't care if you agree with me.

I don't care if you agree with me.
    I know, you only care that I disagree with you. Whatever, back with the topic. I honestly believe that hunger and thirst should just penalize you by removing the ability to gain skill. That's the most affective way to handle macroing. I don't see how that would be a disadvantage to those who don't abuse the macroing system. It's simple, if you're hungry and thirsty, I doubt you'd affectively learn how to do a certain task.

Quote Originally Posted by trenixdecease View Post
    I know, you only care that I don't agree with you. Whatever, back with the topic. I honestly believe that hunger and thirst should just penalize you by removing the ability to gain skill. That's the most affective way to handle macroing.
    lol

I said I don't care if you agree with me. And you said that I care that you don't agree with me. Not sure if you misread what I said or what but, if your actually serious...

Don't flatter yourself, I really don't give a shit if you agree with me or not.

On topic, I think that what mrcalhou said would work, in reference to the ideas he listed. That was put together well.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkan View Post
    I like all of these ideas and would love to see them in game. Would also prevent (or at least help) with macroing issues, etc.

With the crafting, I'd like to see a mini game kind of like you said for chopping trees. You have to move the mouse through a maze of some sort without touching walls, if you touch walls, it decreases various stats on the item. Depending on what you're trying to make, tools used, quality of materials, etc.. this "maze" would be easier or harder to navigate and thus get a "perfect" item. This would make a crafters "skill" matter and also make items that are varied in stats.
    I'm not a big fan of this system mostly because I lack the precision to do it well. :P

It also kind of confuses with me with how this would affect crafting, from a real-world stance. I'm not gung-ho realism in video games but if they implemented a mini-game into crafting, harvesting, and fishing, I'd rather it be something that would make a bit more sense. I would elaborate more but my brain is kind of addled from working on my English research paper on comparing and contrasting project-based learning with learning by teaching, that I stupidly put off until tonight when it's due tomorrow.

You know, come to think of is Trenix, you haven't contributed anything useful here.

If you know of a game that has a system to deal with macroing without admins running around banning people, let me know.

Because there is none.

Crimecraft a f2p game has one that detects these scripting tools I know there are other botting tools, but these for fAmous, AC tool auto it, etc.. Crimecraft picks it up if you run it for a second and they are banned, I liked when I seen that a game cares about the bots, and they did it without having GM'S

ALSO, what bothers me if you see a guild mate doing it how many are gonna report them?? I bet none or not many, just saying, so I hope they add something if Xyson devs wants to know what programs that can prevent this and catch them without being around they can PM me I can help with this as i,m in the game Design world..

But this is up to them, the program that CC works does work... I even tested to see what works and what does not as thats what we do, when we test things...Just a thought.

I already see this game being ruined by these botters... So ..they need more than people to report because most guild mates won't as they are doing it within there area only.. Darkfall was the same way..

Quote Originally Posted by jefferysauto View Post
    Crimecraft a f2p game has one that detects these scripting tools I know there are other botting tools, but these for fAmous, AC tool auto it, etc.. Crimecraft picks it up if you run it for a second and they are banned, I liked when I seen that a game cares about the bots, and they did it without having GM'S

ALSO, what bothers me if you see a guild mate doing it how many are gonna report them?? I bet none or not many, just saying, so I hope they add something if Xyson devs wants to know what programs that can prevent this and catch them without being around they can PM me I can help with this as i,m in the game Design world..

But this is up to them, the program that CC works does work... I even tested to see what works and what does not as thats what we do, when we test things...Just a thought.

I already see this game being ruined by these botters... So ..they need more than people to report because most guild mates won't as they are doing it within there area only.. Darkfall was the same way..
    I dont know how you would ever be able to stop a hiding, fishing or terraforming macro when all you need is a auto mouse clicker or a g15 for like scavanging or foraging. There will almost always be a way to do it

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    I'm not a big fan of this system mostly because I lack the precision to do it well. :P

It also kind of confuses with me with how this would affect crafting, from a real-world stance. I'm not gung-ho realism in video games but if they implemented a mini-game into crafting, harvesting, and fishing, I'd rather it be something that would make a bit more sense. I would elaborate more but my brain is kind of addled from working on my English research paper on comparing and contrasting project-based learning with learning by teaching, that I stupidly put off until tonight when it's due tomorrow.
    I guess what I was more meaning is that if the skill of the player was put into the crafting of an item (such as a maze with penalty borders) that it would show some sort of skill rather than "I have stuff with high numbers, make cool stuff NOW!". Whether or not that would be the actual medium put into place I'm fully open to suggestions on better ideas. Mostly I just mean, translate some sort of hand eye skill into the crafting of items, if you slip up with the chisel, you could break your sculpture, if you don't saw correctly, those boards might not work out so well, that kind of thing. I think that would be pretty cool, although the downside is for people with various impairments, I'm kind of going for the majority of people that don't. =) I seriously doubt such systems would be put into the game (fairly time consuming to code I would think considering all of the item stats, etc), but I would like it if it was. And, it has the other side of preventing macroing (I'm making several assumptions here, randomness, etc).

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I hope that there is alternatives to admins running around banning macroing individuals, I've just not seen it in any mmo I've played over the past ten(ish) years. The only game I saw that had a system that worked was runescape, that is, without running around banning people. What they did there, however, was a huge annoyance.

What the hard part is going to be is trying to find a system that offers a balance between annoyance and inconveniencing the admins. In my opinion, having the admins running around banning people isn't a terrible thing, so long as the admins are willing to do it and aren't terribly inconvenienced by it. A new system, however, would probably be preferable to this.

Quote Originally Posted by jefferysauto View Post
    Crimecraft a f2p game has one that detects these scripting tools I know there are other botting tools, but these for fAmous, AC tool auto it, etc.. Crimecraft picks it up if you run it for a second and they are banned, I liked when I seen that a game cares about the bots, and they did it without having GM'S.
    It is very easy to compile a script and run it as an executable which would be very hard to detect. Players always find a way.