Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Already seeing people macroing..

So is this allowed or are you gonna do anything about it, if i see this like DFO I won't stay long as I can't stand cheaters, ruins everyone game.

I seen it with the hide skill, people using it while AFK, when you should do, is to use it again, make them move so many feet this should help it, because as it stand you do not have to move so people can make a 2 line scipt to go into hide mode and skill up while sleeping , or working..

Re: Already seeing people macroing..

Hope marcoing will be fixed.

This game is in testing phase.. Macro's are a non-point right now. There is no advantage being gained.
    Now after launch, I would agree with helping stop it and would report any suspicious activity. But for now, who gives a shit really?

Tybalt wrote:
    This game is in testing phase.. Macro's are a non-point right now. There is no advantage being gained.
    Now after launch, I would agree with helping stop it and would report any suspicious activity. But for now, who gives a shit really?
    I don't see the point of your response. You're right this game is in its testing phase, which is why such issues should be mentioned. We should give a shit because we don't want it in the game once it's released.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybalt View Post
    Sure, lets ignore it untill release.

Thats going to work out so well in the future. Reminds me of those other games where after 2 weeks it was pointless for new players to start playing.
    Lets all ignore the exploits while we are at it so we can get that extra edge come release day too. :P

Trenix is right.

(Don't take my answers too seriously please)

Skill gain for Hiding and other skills that players try to macro will be adjusted before the launch.

Take Hiding out. Problem solved for that one. It's a dumb skill, anyway.

No camera panning. Very limited zoom. Let us sneak around in a more strategic/skillful manner.

Should we be reporting people we see macroing?

Here we go all over again.... You don't fix a broken game mechanic by punishing the players. Skill gain system base on repetitive simple actions just begs people to create macros. Darkfall partially fixed this by making skill gain against NPC's 3x to 6x faster which made it more rewarding to play the game rather than afk macro in the player cities. However, offline/time-based/Eve style skill gain system would completely eliminate the need to macro. It's the lesser of two evils in my opinion.

Bottom line: If there is significant gain to be had by macroing, players will find a way to do it without getting reported or banned. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't played a game with a skill system like this.

Another thing to think about, do you really want Xsyon to have to pay for more GM's because they are spending all their time chasing down reports of people AFK macroing? Or, would you rather have that GM's time freed up for let's say NPC invasions controlled by GMs?