Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New site is

Quote Originally Posted by trenixdecease View Post
    Like the hard to read text in the "My Profile" link. Also, the missing similes which was uncalled for and the features that most of us expected but never seemed to make it. Personally, this new forums really didn't change a thing in my opinion. Maybe it's just something that I'm not noticing...

The profile will be fixed, that's a known vB bug, not like it'll remain that way...

Smilies? I'll look into it, they shouldn't be gone.

What did you expect and not get?

I mean, really, it's a work in progress like anything.

The profile thing is known bug. The person that did the theming is aware of it. As for similes I'll ask him to look into it

EDIT: NVM He is already here.

Ok, so found the issue here, probably a few more really. I'll need to work out the why and do a perm fix, but here's how you can fix it yourselves now.

Go here: http://www.xsyon.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

Set the settings the way you want them. Looks like during the import, these settings don't get set to the default as specified in the vB config. Specifically change your edited to "WYSIWYG" and you'll have the smilies back. Change whatever else there to your liking as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkan View Post
    The profile will be fixed, that's a known vB bug, not like it'll remain that way...

Smilies? I'll look into it, they shouldn't be gone.

What did you expect and not get?

I mean, really, it's a work in progress like anything.
    I wanna have the ability to delete my posts without having a moderator do that for me. Maybe not posts, but at least topics. I've managed to show smilies, thanks for that tip. I've also seen recently a bug were some responses have a cut box. Let me know if you want a screenshot. By the way, more smilies would be nice...

While deleting your own posts is possible, that's not my call to make. You'll need to ask Xsyon about that if he wants me to, he'll tell me to change it. =)

And yes, any screenshots of issues would be good. I know of several, but nothing points to a problem better than a picture.

I'll see about more smilies, but it'll be a bit lower on the list.

Profile should be fixed now. Please let me know if you see any more issues with them.

Good job on the new site.

I must admit, I'm starting to see a difference. I've been taking advantage of the multiple quote feature. Also, I've noticed that you're able to delete responses, but not threads. But there is a thing that I don't like, when you're in a forum or thread, it no longer says who's browsing at the top of the page. Instead, it says it at the bottom. I'd prefer it to be at the top since no one really looks at the bottom. It's a pain scrolling down every time...

As for the bug, here's an image.

Notice the box at the top is cut. It usually fixes up after you highlight it. Oh and one more thing, I think the text boxes are too small for when you go to "advanced" response as well as if you were making a new thread. Nice profile view update by the way.

Hmm, I've never seen that issue before... what browser and version of it are you using? Can you try a different browser and see if it happens in that one? That'll help me figure out if it's browser specific and what one/version.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkan View Post
    Hmm, I've never seen that issue before... what browser and version of it are you using? Can you try a different browser and see if it happens in that one? That'll help me figure out if it's browser specific and what one/version.

Thanks!
    I'm using Internet Explorer 8. My cousin has the exact same computer as me, I'll ask him to check out the forums when he gets home. He favors Firefox over Internet Explorer unlike me. I also found another bug in this thread. On my screen, on my #18 post, it says "when you're you're in a forum or thread". When I go to edit it, you're doesn't repeat itself twice. Think it has something to do with my resolution and the fact that it's being cut off to the next line?