Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Questions for the week 10/03 through 10/09

Derek Asks:

Are there any plans to add an option to make totem quests visible from other totems within the zone? I'm not suggesting to allow players to pick up quest rewards from their remote totem - only the quest itself. Players would have to travel to the remote totem to drop off quest requirements and pick up the reward. This would really help to build trade within a zone.
    No plans for this, but I like the idea. I added this to my notes for when quests are improved and revised. I'll have to think about how difficult something like this would be to implement.

MrDDT Asks:

You are changing stat gains with combat. Yet some of us already maxed out or have high combat. How are we to gain those points that we should have got from training combat?
    I'll think about this. Stat gain and loss in general needs some revisions. Stats should increase and decrease more, based on your recent actions regardless of skill gain.

Shaggy Asks:

ETA on carts?

ETA on water jugs?

ETA on agriculture?

ETA on ranged combat?

ETA on zombies?

ETA on terrain expansion?

You keep saying "soon" or "its in the works". Can we have more definitive answers please?
    I really can't give specific dates. With our small team, problems such as injuries, illness or one team member not producing can set us back (as this past month with me being unable to work properly).

However, my best estimate for these things are:

Carts - 1 more week. This was a very involved task, but it's getting there.

Water containers - next week.

Undead - end of the month.

Terrain expansion - early November. This has been ready for a while, but there is no reason to expand right now until we have more players. It will just make the world feel more empty. I'm glad we held back on this because last month we revised the terrain to leave pockets of green mist in the expansion zones. This will allow creatures to mutate within the new zones and not just around the edge of the world.

Ranged combat - November. We're almost satisfied with melee combat right now. After another week or two of revisions I will have one of the programmers work on ranged combat.

Agriculture - End of November or later. We've been setting up the base for this but this isn't something I want to just throw into the game. A lot of things need to be improved and balanced first.

Those are my best estimates for now.

Solei Asks:

I realize the chat box has been greatly improved but Im wondering if there is any chance at all that this box could be tweaked? Id like to be able to resize it for one thing. It takes up a huge amount of my screen and kind of gets in the way of whatever Im doing. Id also like to be able to readjust font size. I am visually impaired and this is something that would help a great deal not only for myself but others with similar problems seeing.

Yes, the chat box will be improved, but we have many tasks ahead of this on the list. The first tweak will be to allow for transparency of the chat box. This will either be automatic (more opaque when you hover over or use the chat) as in some games, or it will be a setting. Other improvements planned are font size settings and custom settings for the chat tabs. I don't know when we will get to these, but they are planned.

Thanks for the questions!

Questions for the week 10/10 through 10/16

Drevar Asks:

When can we expect a fix for those of us at skill level 100 being unable to learn new recipes via crafting and inspiration? It has been acknowledged and has even had a pass at attempting to fix it, but the fix didn't work.
    This was working the last time I ran some tests. I've taken note to run more tests on this to make sure this is working by next week's patch (Nov 15 approximately).

MrDDT Asks:

Is there a reason guides are not allowing players to play how they wish? Preventing other players from attacking players in the "FFA PVP" world? I would like to know why rules are being changed by guides?
    I will look into this situation.

I like the guide events dont get me wrong, but when will there be reasons for players to do these events? Right now guides are able to give out loot that players cant even get in the game. Zombie armor, Supreme weapons and armor, cloth braided rope. When will these rewards be things that players dont have rely on guides to spawn them for them?
    Zombie armor will be available as loot from zombies. Cloth braided rope will be in with the next patch. Supreme quality items should be craftable now with master tools (might even be too easy now). Some special rewards will be available for events, but in general these things you mention will be attainable without guides as soon as possible.

Is there going to be a change is how guides can spawn animals for other players? Or Devs that spawn trees near players totems? Where is the oversight for this type of actions that guides and devs that do this?
    We are continuing to adjust the code for creature and tree spawning so that guides should not be using these commands except for when creating special events.

What are your plans to drive the economy in this game? Still after talking to many people trading is very limited. Even players with high skills have issues of people wanting their master crafted items?
    We've fixed issues with crafting bonuses and will continue to make adjustments. The main adjustments planned are to add skill decay, provide Quest xp rewards based on distance from your own tribe and improve bonuses as well as rarity of special materials.

What are the plans for these master recipes and artisan recipes? Currently they do not offer any bonus over using normal tools.
    These have been fixed to provide additional bonuses to the material bonuses used as well as to quality and durability.

thurgond Asks:

Are there any plans to increase the availability of bonus (bear, raccoon, deer, coyote) fur? Currently this type of fur is only found through scavenging and is extremely rare.
    Yes, and these will be made available only through hunting.

Are there any plans to increase the spawn of animals? Currently trees spawn faster than critters.
    Creatures are actually spawning quickly. There is a cap to the maximum number of animals so there may be some areas with a lot more creatures than others.

Are there any plans to increase the difficulty/danger of animals? The damage done by critters was nerfed right before combat changes went live and has remained low.
    Yes, we are working on this right now.

NorCalGooey Asks:

What are your plans for expansion totems?

If I remember correctly, you want them to able to placed anywhere in the world, just like safe totems are now. You also want safe totems to be able to placed anywhere in the world. So any type of totem, anywhere.

Is this your plan for when you open up the new lands? Have you thought of the massive abuse problems this would bring in? They are so great in fact, that it would defeat the purpose of even having non safe zones.

A tribe of 100 players who do not have a safe zone could have 1 extra account, in which they make a safe zone homestead. The tribe of 100 would then use that homestead to keep all their goods safe, yet still have the benefit of being able to attack other expansion totems and be able to have their own expansion totem. So if it is done this way, it defeats the entire purpose of non safe zone expansion totems.

I'd greatly appreciate some detail on this matter, as speed of development isn't what concerns me. It is the intent of the development. And if you intend to do it this way I simply won't play. The potential for fun times with non safe zones and expansion totem is the only hope I have left for my enjoyment of this game. Because if you add this in, all of a sudden everything has meaning. Comfort bonus has meaning, high level gear has meaning, skill levels have meaning. In addition to adding skill decay and a much, much stronger soft cap which will cause more crafting specialization, which will give pure crafters more value in this game.
    I don't have a good definitive answer for this right now. You're right this is a type of exploit I need to, and will, consider. I've thought about similar situations and we will think of solutions for this before the system is implemented.

Questions for the week 10/17 through 10/23

NorCalGooey Asks:

What plans do you have, if any, to balance larger characters with smaller characters?

As of now, advantages for being smaller = being lighter, smaller hit box, and faster (because of being lighter), so uses less stamina as well as being faster

I think it would be fair enough if you could give taller characters a larger base range with all weapons.
    Taller characters do have a bigger attack range. This should be working and I've taken a note to have the testers check this again.

KeithStone Asks:

1. Do you have plans to make buildings work like bins where you can open them up and store stuff - there is currently so much clutter from the hundred's of bins everywhere.
    Yes, I've thought about this, but there are no immediate plans to do this. We'll see after the current important features are released (mutants, undead, carts, skill decay and other things in progress).

2. Would it be to difficult to make it so we can dig under our totems in order to move it up or down?
    Yes, this could cause problems. I am working on allowing players to move containers as you now move buildings. I will see about setting this up to allow players to move their totem back and forth within a range of the actual tribe center.

3. Can you give us a select all contents when opening a bin, there's many times when I just need to trash the entire contents of the bin but instead I have to trash each item 50 times - it's hurting my wrists?
    Please submit this as a Suggestion if you haven't done so, but it would not be a quick and easy thing to add.

4. Will different types of structures provide more or less protection from decay like for example a house made from wood vs a house made from brick?
    They should provide different levels of physical protection and the plan was for them to decay at different rates. However, I've been thinking about this and the balance between realism and game play so as not to make some walls useless (for example if brick walls decay less and provide better protection in all cases, there would be no other type of walls). This won't be implemented for a while still and I will give it a lot more thought to balance the use of all wall types before this is publicly implemented.

5. Right now we have to click too many buttons while crafting, for example if I want to make 500 mortar I would have to click the mouse button at least 2500 times (I have to click each of lime, sand, bucket, paddle, craft and then I get 1 unit of mortar) - do you have anything planned to help with this?
    I do want to add a command to add a count for crafting stackable items. This is on my task list to look into but there are many items ahead on the list. We're going to stay focuses on what's currently in progress, than look at what improvements like this are most needed.

6. What's your reasoning for allowing everyone to have access to all craft skills? During beta we could only have 1 and this seem to work really well, everyone was out in the world trading. Do you have any more input you can give us that will explain how someone who currently has maxed all their crafts to 100 will not be able to literally be the master of all trades?
    This was set up as the one craft per player limit was one of things players most complained about before the launch. When I allowed players all crafts, the feedback was very positive. In hindsight, I think this was a mistake. Skill decay will start to rectify this as should the scheme limits when we add more schemes, as even masters will not have the ability to master all items of a given craft.

As we add more crafts, masters of all current crafts will have to lose some of their current crafts if they want to learn the new crafts.

7. You mentioned at launch that you wanted to eventually give tribes an option to turn on or off "safe zones" - have you given this more thought as to how you want it to work?
    The first step, as explained before, will be to allow tribes to become 'unsafe' which will allow them better access to resources in their area as well as. This will be a one time switch and not an option that can be turned on and off. Being unsafe will allow other players to fight and attack within your territory, so walls and gates will be important to keep enemies out.

8. Your answer to a previous question: Add expansion totems and allow tribes to remove safe zones.

My Question: Have you thought about how to prevent a tribe that opts for safe zones to be turned on in one totem to keep all their stuff safe and setup a tribe totem next to the safe one to be used for conquest?
    This was asked above and need to think about this and other potential problems. I don't have a definitive solution right now but it will be dealt with.

Deacon Asks:

from me
    4.) Can we get differing lengths of wall sections...like 1/2 and 1/4.....would make building to utilise area more efficiently (and is there a fix for yakid post soon ?)
    Yakid post has been finally fixed and yes, we will add different size pieces with another round of architecture parts soon. This will include larger pieces (larger roofs in particular).

Next up are corner roofs though. We may also soon add interior walls that can be placed on top of floors (only, so they will be sized to take into account the floor thickness).

from you
    I'm considering this, but the more small building parts we add, the greater effect towns will have on frame rate. We will definitely first add corner parts and a fixed Yakid Post will be patched out with the corner parts.
    These are from my previous question...but now you have me worried. I have done extensive "building" in my tribe's location. Once I complete the builds from ghosted projects to finished projects...am I gonna have a lagfest?

At one spot, I have 17 large granite wall sections....Have you considered making some 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, sections as well? (turning that wall into 3 5x sections and 1 2x section, thereby reducing number of building parts) the more nx sections available, along with 1/2x...1/4x sections the more precise and efficient we can be.

Yes, I now this wouldnt be a priority, but with comment in red, I do have concerns.
    The lag effect is actually more for ghost projects (as they render semi transparent) than for the built items, so you won't have any more lag from finishing projects. Yes, I'm thinking about adding larger as well as smaller components.

Please tell me that mounts/pets will be persistant in world..and not get stuffed into our packs when done...hated the DF with people having a dozen horses in their packs. Hopefully pets/mounts can be killed as well...forcing people to go to an animal trainer to obtain a new one.
    Yes, the plan is to have them be persistent and they can be killed. We plan to have commands to summon and unsummon (send them home), but they will go to your home location, not your pocket.

Are we gonna be able to move projects without losing action on them soon. It's intense to move anything very far right now....click, select move...move one increment, lose action...repeat until project at desired location. Sometimes I do get a couple increments of move, but not often.
    This is a bug that is driving me crazy. I can not reproduce this at all, on any of my computers. Neither can the other programmers. I've seen videos of this and can't for the life of me figure out what people are doing that is causing this while moving projects works absolutely fine for me. As I see this reported again and again I will sit down with our public testers once some critical tasks are done and try to figure out what is happening here once and for all.

khalart Asks:

1. Is there any plan about Tribe vs Tribe like, for example, totem destruction or conquest?
    Eventually yes. Tribes will be able to opt to become warring tribes. We still have a few major features to wrap up, including totem decay before getting to this.

2. Will carts be lootable (the cart itself)?
    Yes, off of tribal lands.

Shaggy Asks:

Why do we still have the bug where an arch project gets deselected after a few moves? It's been around since arch was around and many many people have reported it.
    Answer is above. (Deacon asked the same).

VeryWiiTee Asks:

This will be mostly centered on carts (since players have yet to be able to test them... Why not by the way?! More test results = better patch, no?)
    1. Carts cannot enter too deep water. Won't that make carts rather obsolete for most as rivers divide most of the playable areas, water that you need to swim across?
    We are adding bridges soon, but players can also build land bridges. This is something that hopefully will lead to some player cooperation as land will need to be claimed near rivers to build bridges.

2. Will rivers be a part of the restricted depths or is this intended to be lakes only?
    Currently deep rivers are restricted. We do still need to test and adjust further.

3. Considering that a cart is primarily wood (Wood floats.. I mean, just look at a ship or raft.. Even metal can freaking float..), shouldn't it be the amount of items and thus the cart's total weight that should determine whether the cart could cross a body of water instead of a set in stone depth.
    3a. This would also include steep hills.
    4. Instead of imposing such a restriction as not letting it cross too deep water/too steep a cliff, impose debuffs that would make it use more energy dragging up the hill/swimming through the water? (More of a suggestion, I know, but I actually want your own input rather than I want to suggest it..).
    4a. Thus, should the water be incredibly deep, you would be using a lot more time crossing it than you would with more shallow waters.
    4b. If a cliff/hill etc is climbable you can drag the cart up, the steeper the hill (while still being climbable) the more energy used.
    I agree with your ideas, however carts are already becoming a much larger and complicated task than hoped for. We're trying to make them as functional and possible without getting into more complications just so we can get them to the public soon.

5. Where is the skill decay??
    On the list, but other things are being done first (carts, bug fixes, mutants, water containers).

6. Any general object decay coming soon to create some meaning with trading/crafting?
    General object decay is set up but needs more optimizations before it can be made public. At the moment it's on hold until we wrap up other features.

7. Agree with DDT, where is the reason for strife?
    (The three questions, 5-7, would boost the game up to normal MMO standard.)
    My primary worry is that carts will be yet another feature that will be.. why did we get this when we can only use it in very specific places and defo not for trading (I have yet to see an area accessible without swimming through a river/climbing a very steep cliff. Especially trade between Mist People and Lake People will be impossible, still.)

It may or may not have been thought of, no way to really know when we can't test it!!!
    If carts have problems like this, we'll remove and adjust restrictions. One goal is to have players build and maintain travel routes for carts.

MrDDT Asks:

What is the reason to play in game?
    What are some objectives you see for players?
    Where are the needs coming from?
    Where is the survival aspect of this game?
    Where is the strife?
    What is the reason to trade with someone else?

These are questions Im asking myself. I cant really die (Players might kill me if I were mostly afk, animals cant kill me, and dont die from anything else). I have every skill in the game, make just about every item in game, and build just about everything in game that never decays.

My main question is when are we going to get something to shoot for? Things that require teamwork and tactics. Skilled playing and planning?
    We're working on it! I realize many things still need balance and a lot of improvements were patched out and things are still too easy. This month one of the main things is to bump of the difficulty with skill decay, tougher creatures and increased importance of rare materials.

Questions for the week 10/24 through 10/30

MrDDT Asks:

Any idea when you think you will be re-releasing the game? (doing ads and stuff)? Like when do you plan to have it ready enough to do this?
    We will send out regular press releases to many game sites in order to announce the current state of the game, new features and events starting this week (December 5). We will hold of on actual ads for a while.

Rion Asks:

1)

This question has been asked before, but I think it was misunderstood .. or I'm missing something.

Q: Will we get a borderless fullscreen window mode?

A: Yes, we have a borderless fullscreen mode now.
    How can we have the game in windowed mode, but in a maximized way, without titlebar and borders? I see no option for this. Could you elaborate on how we can do that if it's really already implemented?
    Yes, this was misunderstood. We have normal fullscreen mode now. We are not planning to remove the window border in windowed mode any time soon. I've put this on our suggestion list for future consideration.

2) Will we ever get a more detailed stat effects tooltip? Saying something increases Stat X, doesn't help a ton, especially if there are a lot of different items around at some point that do the same. If we don't get an exact number will there be at least tooltips that mention a value range like "slightly increases, majorly increases" etc. so we can differentiate between low stat bonuses from really good items?

EDIT: Thanks a lot, this has been added with an update today
    This was added.

Melaire Asks:

Q: What are the following stats for or supposed to be for at some point: "Flex", "Tension", "Heat Resistance" compared to "Fire Resistance"
    Flex: for resistance to breaking in combat and for bows. Tension: Cloth property that will allow improved movement. Heat Resistance: Resistance to hot temperatures. Fire Resistance: Resistance to fires. These are reserved for future use but were set in the game so that we don't have to retroactively apply these stats to old items.

Q: How does the "Armor" stat work and how do resistances work if they are already added in some way. Is it a flat reduction, a percentage reduction based on the basic armor parts you have, a percentage based on some stats?
    Armor is a sum of armor parts worn, reducing damage by a percentage based on other factors including skill.

Q: How are the different skills that can create armor (leathercraft, bonecraft, basketry & tailoring from what I know so far) supposed to work in the future. Are there plans to make them about equal, are there plans to give each of them special benefits and weaknesses? Are there plans for some of them to be less effective with pure armor, but will they get more normal clothing maybe more intended for comfort and the like? Overall where do you expect these skills to go.
    The plan is to balance these crafts further so that all armor types have their benefits and drawbacks and different armor types will be favored depending on your activities and play style. For example, heavier armor will provide protection but will uncomfortable.

Crokus Asks:

Will zombies and mutants be able to climb high dirt walls without stone or wood walls placed on them?
    They will have the same limits on slopes as players.

Questions of Week 10/31 through 11/6

KeithStone Asks:

1. What is your ETA for implementing the skill decay?
    This is currently in progress.
    2. What is your ETA for implementing structure decay?
    No plans right now. Our tests with overall decay were causing noticeable server lag so we will come back to this with revised plans in the future.

I'm not looking for exact dates, just want to know if it's on your short term, mid term, or long term list.

3. Can you give any details on how structure decay will work, for example will the quality drop by a quality per season until it breaks or by some other factor?
    The current plans are structural decay based on attacks and weather events only, and for abandoned tribes. The team has discussed this in depth and overall decay would just be burden. We'll see. We're not working on this for a while.

4. Will there be a way to repair structures?
    When there is decay, yes.

5. Have you thought about how the quality would affect the HP of a wall or structure if it were to be attacked?
    Yes, it will be basic, higher quality will provide more hp. Different materials will have more or less resistance to different types of attacks.

6. Have you thought about what it would take to destroy a structure if it were to be attacked, for example would you be able to run up to it and start beating on it with your fist or weapon - or would you have to use some type of siege equipment like a catapult or battering ram?
    First implementation, when we come to this, we will allow direct weapon attacks against buildings. Fists, however will be useless.

MrDDT Asks:

Status on Zombies/Mutants?
    Mutants are but progress on these continues. Revenants (zombies) are also in progress but will take a while longer.
    How are they going to behave?
    They will be aggressive and we are setting up group / pack behavior.
    Are they going to destroy walls to get in?
    Eventually yes. This won't be for a while, possibly months. We are not set up on the server for npcs to interact with walls as players can. I will require major work.
    Are they going to loot baskets/bins?
    Yes.
    Are they going to loot players?
    Yes.
    What types of resources will they provide?
    Revenant armor. Human bones. Whatever they steal from humans.
    Are animals going to be killed by them?
    Yes. Creatures currently kill each other. Revenants will do the same.
    Will they be faster than animals now to make them remotely harder?
    Yes, similar to current mutants.
    Will there be many versions of both zombies and mutants?
    Revenants have variants like player characters (body size, head, hair styles etc.)
    Will they be able to tear down totems?
    No.

Whats the status on changing the totem system?
    This is on our short term list after carts and skill decay. Next up will be comfort and totem decay.

Whats going on with totem decay?
    As soon as we have our revised account back end working this will start. T

What are your plans to promote trading and economy in this game?
    By continuing to balance and limit existing systems and improving the current resource system.

Where is the survival aspect of this game going to be coming from?
    Primarily the comfort system, revised hunger and thirst and the challenge of fighting revenants and mutants.

Is food and water going to play a part in survival?
    Yes and we may implement harsher penalties for low hunger and thirst.

Is clothing going to play a part in survival?
    Yes as a major part of the comfort system.

Will people need or even want shelter in this game?
    With comfort implemented, yes.

Whats your plans to get new players?
    We will start with regular press releases to game sites and will reinvite old players to return. We will offer free time to all current and returning players when our account system allows for it.

Whats your plans on making it easier for new players to stick it out?
    For one, we are releasing today the ability for tribes to set their town as a starting location for new players. Hopefully this will help new players find active tribes to interact with and get them started. One of the original goals of Xsyon was for new players to arrive at existing towns and use them as they would use an NPC town in a theme park game.

Skill decay plans ETA?
    Skill pools " "?
    Stat changes?
    Skill caps?
    All of this is currently in progress this week (week of December 5).

Kakary Asks:

Question how will the tradingsystem work in the future.

Will it be a window that you open by clicking on you totem. And when your goods is purchased by a player will the goods automatice end up at the buyers his totem.
    or will the goods were bought end up in some type of mailbox directly outsite your tribe. this way people still need to travel to get there goods. I think its good people need to travel to pickup there goods because then there will be more options for the pvp player. You can become under attack on your way home. This also will stimulate people to travel together to prevent losses of there goods.
    Trade will happen at the totem where the vendor sets up the trade so players will have to travel to other towns to see what is for sale, similar to the current Quest system.

Then is it possible to get all people that are online will be showed in the chat window with there name. By clicking on there name you will get information about this player or his tribe.
    We may set up the ability to see what tribe members are online, but not a full list of all online players.

Xsyon is in my experience a game with lot of mousclicks. I do know young people don't have a problem with that but i am older then most of the players and will get easly RSI. Is there a way to reduce the amound of clicks that is need it and still lot of thinks to do for the player. I am thinking about selecting several goods at once that are in the bins. Maybe some limeted automated sorting of goods.
    Yes, and we have received many suggestions and requests to reduce mouse clicks. We do plan to constantly improve things like this, but have no estimate as to when right now.

unclean666 Asks:

When are tools and crafting ever going to get the kind of time and work from the devs it needs? It has allways seemed to get pushed to the side with only small improvements and most if not all are A not working yet or B dident work for a very long time.The whole crafting system and stats for crafting needs balanced.As I feared the game was patched with the tool fix with out proper testing and balance.It is way to easy right now and will ruin any kind of trading left in the game.while im a very high end crafter i shouldent be able to craft master bone sets with a skill of 69 or supreme.Yet I can.
    Our next patch will require players to have high enough skills to use Artisan and Master tools. We are doing our best to continually balance things.

Severin Asks:

Chat box:
    As it is now, the chat box is way to huge on lower(ish) resolutions.
    When will we be able to resize it?
    Will there be options for the font-size and colour?
    Will the dark background be scaleable (opacity)?
    Will Local chat show craft and similar messages and whispers?
    The chat box has been revised now. It's not resizable, but is not as wide and has a transparency slide and configurable chat tabs. Font size and color changes are in our suggestion list, but we don't have time to implement this yet.

inhabit Asks:

Whatever, happened to basket decay etc, a lot of people rushed to build roofs etc because they would offer protection so when will we see this and why was it not added at that time?
    We set this up and it caused too much of a burden on the server. It's been put on hold until after we finish other tasks in progress.

What are your plans for dirt aesthetically? Like dirt walls built by players they look dull and boring we need something other than brown road players put a lot of work into their areas and this takes away from its appearance.
    Currently, we don't have plans to revise this, but this is on our suggestion list.

How about giving us a grass tile or something or you already got plans for this?
    We might allow players to plant grass as they plant trees, but we have been testing systems to store more massive surface changes and need to optimize these systems first.

Melaire Asks:

How is the scavenging system working in regards to cloth fabrics and scraps? In specific, are colors and cloth types based on the junkpile you scavenge on, are they based on the player character? Will two different chars on average always find the same cloth type and colors, are some cloth types or colors based on skill?
    These are based on region and your selected tribal colors. There have been reports indicating that this isn't working so it's on our short term list to look into.

Questions of Week 11/07 through 11/13

Crokus Asks:

We cannot dismantle a built structure item when it interlocks with others. Some players have requested a guide’s help to remove the item(s) and I assume they lost the resources in the process. Is this working as intended? If so, would you consider changing this so we can dismantle the targeted item of the 2-3 interlocking items and not lose the mats? Would it be a PITA to change this?
    This has been fixed.

I'm planning a new tribe land layout with a need to provide area for crops once they are patched in the game. Can you tell us the approximate size of the crop "tile"? Will it be an architectural item, similar to a floor tile? Movable and/or flat?

Or will the crop be placed like the road feature in the teraform functions?
    Crops will be placed like roads, but might cover 2x2 tiles instead of 1x1.

Will crops be required to be placed on flat land or will we be able to grow them on hillsides?
    They will grow on slopes, but there will be a slope limit.

Deacon Asks:

because my comment was removed to this, I'll ask it more direct.

NorCalGooey Asks:

What plans do you have, if any, to balance larger characters with smaller characters?

As of now, advantages for being smaller = being lighter, smaller hit box, and faster (because of being lighter), so uses less stamina as well as being faster

I think it would be fair enough if you could give taller characters a larger base range with all weapons. Taller characters do have a bigger attack range. This should be working and I've taken a note to have the testers check this again.
    Please tell me there is more advantage to being large than just this un-noticable 'reach/attack range' of which you speak. Are you going to turn this into another Darkfail with midgets ruling the world ?

I know all the small badasses will speak up here, telling us all how they are stronger and kick ass on the big bad dude in their hometowns, but we all really know different. If they do indeed do this, they are the exception...not the rule.
    Currently the only differences are that small characters have smaller bounds and larger characters have longer reach. Small characters do not move faster by default right, nor do they use less stamina. I will set up a new combat thread for further feedback.

Are Canopys considered roofs? Do they offer same protction, or some protection? Can they be placed over floors?

Thanks
    Deacon
    Yes, they are the same as roofs.

banden Asks:

Currently leveling up crafts mean that you will make a huge amount of items that you will never have room or use for. What are your thoughts on the massive amount of crafted items that will just be discarded that everyone has to make to level up their crafts? Will you eventually impliment a mechanic that makes these items more than just trash?
    Nothing is currently planned for this. We did have a mechanism that added discarded items to a list to be found in scrap piles and create new piles (before launch), but this was very demanding on the database so it was deactivated.

What are your thoughts on making the menial gahthering and crafting less clicky and less attention demanding?
    One change planned is to allow crafting of items in stacks.

Thurgond on the forums posted an idea about dynamic resource- and creature spawning. I find that something like this would add some much needed substance to the game, what are your thoughts on this idea?
    I haven't read this. Creatures do spawn dynamically, they breed from other creatures and there are no fixed spawn locations. Resources are currently becoming more dynamic with the advent of tree planting.

Ushi Asks:

Hello,

I am writing because I have just come back to your game to see the changes.
    I left the village in our project and I saw a few things still annoying.

Terraforming:

1. When adding or removing dirt it would be to have a benchmark.

example: if I get seeing the field at a height of 540.50 on a large area, it's really complicated! (my area is 300mx300m: ().
    Placement of buildings:

1. When you place the object and that the moves that it deselects itself.
    2. To rotate the object that we have 45 ° angles not great! A color circle as in 3DMaya (horizontal movement) would be to move top!
    3. The reference point of the object when it is placed, the height is at the center right? when I place and the ground is not overgrazing are not entitled to the same height! making it very ugly. Height adjustment of the object is planned?
    4. we can ask an object to another object without the cross?

Those are my questions for now, I would not be others later.

ps: I do not screen for me to understand better now, no worries!

Bye Ushi
    1) The problem with object deselecting is hard to fix as none of the programmers can reproduce this. We've seen videos but just don't understand what is happening. It works fine on all of our systems, but we will set some time aside to look into this again.

2) Most building parts need to snap to the grid or they won't fit together.

3) Yes, height adjustment is planned.

4) The question is not clear, but I think you are suggesting for building parts to snap together rather than be moved into position. Changes to this are not planned right now.

Khalart Asks:

1. When will we see agricolture on test server? And how will it work? Should terrain be plow before?
    Not for a while. Terrain will need to plowed / cleared.

2. About terrain: many tribes used terraforming to create walls by raising terrain very much. Is this considered like a brick wall by creatures pathfinding AI? What about mutants? Will they climb those "walls"?
    Yes, these re considered walls and if players can't climb them, neither will creatures.

LiquidBlade Asks:

1- Once barrels are implemented can we create our own ponds, lakes, etc? I mean can we carry water and drop it in an area?
    No, water barrels are for drinking water only right now. I like this idea though and it's been put in our suggestion list.

VeryWiiTee Asks:

1. Is it possible to put General Obejct Decay, Tougher Animals/Mutants/Revenants and Skill Decay on top priority as soon as a spot of already top priorities comes along?
    Tougher animals and mutants have been patched. Skill decay and revenant AI is in progress. General object decay has been put on hold until we get other priority tasks finished.

2. How are you doing on ranged combat ?
    We're currently not working on this. Too many other things are in progress.

fatboy21007 Asks:

Is their any plans for a full character reset (all stats, skill points) , and if so, any idea on how you plan to implent it, and what will be needed for the reset to happen?
    No. We will probably allow for character to reshuffle stats at some point.

KeithStone Asks:

1. If you opt to turn off your safe zone will non-contested tribes be able to attack you on your tribe area? (I think they should not be able to, if they want that experience they need to turn off their safe zone as well)
    Only warring tribe members will be able to attack you if you take down your safe zone.

2. Have you thought about structure (asset damage)?
    3. Will you be able to beat on a wall with your axe to break it, or will there be some type of equipment like catapults, battering rams etc to take down structures? (should only be able to do it with equipment)
    When this is first implemented you will be able to attack structures with weapons.

4. If there will be asset damage will it be allowed 24/7 or only during a siege? (In darkfall you can do it 24/7 but you have to use siege type equipment that uses rare/expensive mats, which makes people think twice before bringing them out to do damage just fun)
    5. Will there be ladders that can get you over a wall, so you can raid tribes that turn off safe zones without having to do asset damage? (you may just want some pvp but not want to destroy someone's walls to do it.)
    6. How will a structure's HP be determined? (will quality + durability give it however much HP it can withstand)
    7. Once a structure is destroyed will it be like when it's dismantled, will there be some salvage in materials?
    8. Will there be a ghost wall left behind when a wall is destroyed?
    9. Would a limestone brick wall have less hp then say a basalt brick wall but more hp than a log wall? (not sure if there is basalt brick wall in game, but we can make basalt bricks so I assume there will be an option at some point)
    I appreciate the questions, but as we're not working on siege I can't provide accurate answers to these right now. Siege was not part of the original design documents, but it's something we will work towards in the future.

stonedogg1 Asks:

1.) WIth recipes having various "qualities" now, must they be learned in order? I.e.: If I scavenge a Master quality Water Barrel recipe, (assuming my skill level is high enough) can I learn it without having previously learned "lesser" quality recipes?
    1.a.) What advantage is there to learning lower quality recipes (aside from the obvious "you don't have it yet")? Should I be relearning already known recipies since there are now higher quality ones?
    1.b.) I noticed there are now 6 Masonary schemes/recipies & I only know 5. Did you sneak one (new recipe) in on us?
    Lower recipes can be used to create tools when you don't have the materials for higher level tools or to create low level but high quality tools to trade.

It's possible we snuck in a recipe. We do add things from time to time.

2.) In the developer feedback for waterskins forum topic, someone (sorry - forgot who) posted a terrific idea for wells (that one of the admins/guides/devs liked as well) posted an idea for a "Well" recipe for masonary. Are there any plans to implement this?
    2.a) Following on the idea of a new recipe, when is the Masonary skill gonna get some attention?
    Currently no plans, but it's been placed on our suggestion list.

3.) Safe Zones: Could you possibly give a quick list of ideas that are being bounced around for advantages/disadvantages of making a tribal zone safe/un-safe?
    3.a) What's going on with expansion totems?
    If you become a warring tribe (unsafe) you can attack other tribes. The main advantage is enjoying the game as more of a pvp conquest game with other like minded tribes. Expansion totems were put on hold as we had too many features in the works.

4.) Agriculture: We've been waiting for a while for this. You've stated that it is basically done (only needing tweeking). What's going on with this?
    4.a.) Could you give us a general "this is how we plan on (subject to change) agriculture working & being used in game"?
    Tree planting was almost done and is now in game. Agriculture still requires some work and like expansion totems is on hold until we are satisfied with recent released features and others in progress (mutants, revenants, skill decay, carts, totem decay).

5.) Where's the carts? Haven't heard anything for a while (other than they're in the test server).
    5.a) Mounts were mentioned with carts a couple of months back. Any update on this or have mounts been put off?
    Mounts will come later. Carts have moved to the top of priorities along with skill decay this week.

6.) Where's the ranged weapons? Haven't heard anything for a while.
    As with the other features, we need to go one step at a time. I will post a full list of what we have planned in order in our In Development section.

Questions of Week 11/14 through 11/27

This Weeks Questions was extended to 2 weeks of Questions due to circumstances.

VeryWiiTee Asks:

How's Mutants and Revenants (each of them) coming along?
    Mutants are in, but we are working on improvements to AI. Revenants are coming along well, but we have a plan to release them at the right time.

How is Archery/Marksmanship coming along?
    Currently not in progress.

How is Carts coming along?
    We'll see this week. These had many complications so we put them aside to wrap up other tasks. We're getting back to carts today.

KeithStone Asks:

1. Will we ever be able to terraform over granite like we can with limestone? It would open up so many areas for players to put their totems down knowing that the granite will not block them from building up their areas.
    Possibly, but I need to think about this.

thurgond Asks:

Any plans to sign Xsyon Launcher.exe?
    I don't understand the question.

Will we ever see clothes/armor in the extra slots (those on the left of the paper doll)?

Ravelli
    Possibly. These are body parts covered by most base armor. More accurately current armor should show what parts are covered (for example short sleeve or long sleeve).

Shaggy Asks:

Is it possible to code a feature that allows us to remove snow?
    Anything is possible, but I don't think this would be easy to do.

Why are Large Metal Sheets so difficult to obtain? We used to be able to sort them a while back.
    They are more common in some areas.

grimreaperguild Asks:

When in the development stage is cooking going in?
    I will post this in our In Development section later this week.

fatboy21007 Asks:

in 1 months time, How many hours have you put into developing the game?
    10- 20 hours a day, seven days a week. I took 2 days off this year in addition to a few travel days.

Asharad Asks:

What software do you use for 3D modelling, and do you need any volunteers to help develop 3D models?
    3D Studio Max. Please contact GuideRaguel regarding volunteering.

Thanks!

Deacon Asks:

Will we ever get the ability to make small logs from large ones....leather scraps from leather....fur scraps from fur....
    Yes, these are on our list to fit in when we have time.

me...
    Are we gonna be able to move projects without losing action on them soon. It's intense to move anything very far right now....click, select move...move one increment, lose action...repeat until project at desired location. Sometimes I do get a couple increments of move, but not often.
    you...
    This is a bug that is driving me crazy. I can not reproduce this at all, on any of my computers. Neither can the other programmers. I've seen videos of this and can't for the life of me figure out what people are doing that is causing this while moving projects works absolutely fine for me. As I see this reported again and again I will sit down with our public testers once some critical tasks are done and try to figure out what is happening here once and for all.
    had any luck on this issue? I cant fugure out why you cant reproduce it, i have trouble Not reproducing it. Maybe try a non-guide/dev account...on a nonserver machine. I know guides and devs have game and system power we dont, maybe that is why you cant reproduce it.
    I haven't had any luck reproducing this issue. I've tried personally on 6 different machines and many accounts. Please email our bugs email with as much detail as possible. I need to know if:
    This always happens regardless of location.
    What your screen resolution is.
    Your OS and mouse specifications.

Visigoth Asks:

will we be able to plant or regrow grass?
    Possibly, but there is no current plan to add this soon. We will work first on some optimizations to storing surface changes.

Mactavendish Asks:

1. When can we expect all these abandoned 1 man totems to be removed?

It currently is limiting paying customers from expanding their tribal areas, and with new lands being opened I really have a hard time understanding why you believe that a player that spent NO mony to try the game and placed a totem then left, never to return .. will one day come back. Shouldn't they have to buy a sub first before being allow to have a spot of land?
    All players that placed totems paid for a game account. We are going to start totem decay as soon as possible and it will be faster than I originally planned. We are just waiting on fixes to our account system at this point as we plan to offer a free week for players to check out the game as totem decay sets in.

2. When will we see zombies in game?

Before carts like it was mentioned? or is there some major thing holding them up?
    With totem decay. The major hold up was revising inventory transaction functions so that they could be used by NPCs.

MrDDT Asks:

When will these large tribes hogging up all the land be put to normal size because they have 1/2 or more of their members inactive?

Right now, active tribes cant use this spot that large tribes with 159m radius's or more taking up the land when really they should only have about 50m radius's. I would love to see a warning go out to all players saying that totem decay is coming. Give people a chance to keep their radius and stuff.
    major

Shaggy Asks:

Can you explain in a little more detail how the mutant thing works? Love the way they look by the way =)
    As creature enter toxic zones they get a radiation count. With a high enough count they are marked as mutants and transform. This is an instant swap and takes into account the current creature's age and power.

How's Archery coming?
    Currently not in progress. I will update the In Development section this week so you can see where it lies in our order of tasks.

Because you just gave us mutants, are you working on a fix for animal distribution? Seems like people still report seeing hardly any animals anywhere.
    We are looking into it. Creature are supposed to be driven away by players and currently there is a very high creature to player ratio in game.

Also, because we just got mutants, does that mean zombies are right around the corner? How will they work?
    Yes. I posted about revenants in answers to previous questions in this thread. Please read through the past few weeks of answers.

edit- Have you thought about a mechanic that lets us create our own junk piles? Obviously this would need to be difficult
    Yes. We had an old mechanic that did this, but it was too storage intensive to be worth it. Right now we don't have plans for a different system.

edit- Seems like we're close to terrain expansion How much longer until the new terrain is opened up?
    This will happen as soon as: 1) Our account system is ready so that we can set up players with free time. 2) We email all players regarding the start of totem decay. I am planning to do this for January 1st but I am waiting on step 1.

edit- What's that other recipe in firebuilding?
    Good question and a mystery to me. If you have a second firebuilding recipe please submit this as a bug.

edit- On that note, do you have any plans to give us torches or some form of mobile light?
    Plans, yes, but there are many other things ahead of this on our list.

edit- Have you seen the recently blown up threads on totem decay? What's your opinion on the discussions?
    I've read only a portion and have asked my team to provide me with a summary. Right now I have no opinion as I haven't read enough of the discussion.

thurgond Asks:

What are the stats for Forestry and Resources?
    Perception and Spirit.

Can we have a new manual to reflect these stats?
    Yes, this has been assigned to one of our team members.

Will we see a return of the rare cloth colors (orange, brown, cerulean)?
    I've made a note to look into this. These were never removed from the game.

How soon till fires require firewood?
    I'm not sure. This is on our list as a minot feature to squeeze in when we have time.

VeryWiiTee Asks:

1) With many features still missing, such as Archery, Revenants, Cooking, Animal Training to some extend still Agriculture, Carts and the likes do you, honestly, think it is a good idea to start re-advertising the game again? I'm just thinking of launch and how many that felt ripped off. The game has -really- improved, but for most of those that left I actually think the above titles if not the major reason then at least a very important reason for them to not continue with Xsyon.
    - I know most Lux'ers are waiting for Archery/Animal Training before they will bother with Xsyon
    Yes, I think it's a good idea to do some press. We need more players to keep the game active and we need the additional revenue to expand the team and make faster improvements.

Our feature list has been revised to reflect things that were added, revised and removed. It's been made clear what is still in development.

2) My second concern is in the form of animals. If you readvertise again, even if it is just making people aware of your situation, then you -really- need a tracking system for animals or make them breed a lot more. It still seems to be a problem to find animals or mutants (and I live right next to the mist..)
    This is something that is always being adjusted. There are a lot of creatures in game, but the problem seems to be that they wander too far from players and into the mist. We've made three adjustments for the next patch: pack behavior where animals tend to stick together, a better homing system to keep creatures out of the mist and an increase in the maximum numbers of creatures in the world. These should alleviate this problem.

3) Except for design what other notable differences are there with the new launcher?
    A major improvement in data compression while transfering files, fixes for improper patching that was sometimes causing corruption in packed data files and fixes for specific connectivity problems that some players were experiencing.

4) Is it possible to increase the amount of time which creatures spend breeding to provide for a larger population of animals. There need to be roughly 100 per zone at all times if you want to satisfy the general population OR you need to make PvE mobs primarily Undead for now whereas animals and mutants are Gathering Mobs too which the population would be fine.
    Larger population of creatures, yes. We might set creatures to breed in more seasons (they currently breed only in Spring), but this is on the table for discussion with the team this week and is undecided.

5) Would a simple tracking system be possible soon?
    Possibly. However, we've rushed too many new systems into the game already. We're going to stick to the current task schedule with carts, skill decay and revenants first.

6) How long does trees grow before they are fully grown (real life days/weeks)
    Currently about 1 real life month.

MrDDT Asks:

Any plans for making it so there is more stuff to PVE? Not the # of types but the amount?

Right now seems like I can travel the whole map and I would be lucky to see 1 to 5 animals. (When I say whole map, I mean corner to corner)
    Yes, as stated above.

Derek Asks:

Has there been an in-house stress test to confirm the current builds can handle the influx of new players brought on by advertising? If not, it would be wise to thoroughly stress test before this happens. We all know how first impressions stick with a game.
    Yes, as stated above.

Mactavendish Asks:

1. Will HP decay along with skills/stats?
    It is assumed it will work this way, but can you confirm?
    Yes, as stated above.

2. Will skill & tactics play more of a part in the future?
    For instance, if you keep hide at 100 and have camo bonus from armor, your shadow still gives you away. No point in the hide as a tactic..
    Yes, and I have plans to improve hiding so that detection is based on what is in player view, not camera view. Shadows will be turned off with hiding, this is how it originally worked.

3. Will we ever see the ability to re-distribute point into different stats to re-define our characters build?
    Even if it "cost" something to do I am sure many would want to as they had no real idea what stats to choose, what effect they would have in actual usage, and they have been modified a bit along the way.
    Yes, I plan to allow for this. You won't be able to constantly redistribute your stats, but it will be allowed either 1) at specific times after introducing new skills or 2) on a regular but limited basis, such as once every 3 months for example.

How many players do you want this game to support? 5k? 10? 200?
    Ideally 3000 to 5000 soon increasing to 10000 within a year. That would including expanding to cover the entire world (around nine times the current playable area). Of course, I want to expand beyond that, but the goal has always been to grow slowly.

With so many systems not working, is it your intent to keep things limited?
    System are working, just need improvements and balance. The Prelude was intended to have systems in their basic forms which them improving over time as we've been doing. We do intend to keep things limited though. We are not going to do major advertising, just some press to increase the game population.

I have been playing and paying a long time.. some play and don't pay each month. Would it not be more fair to all to stop charging current players and allow anyone with a game account to play for free until you get the game into a state you feel is ready for prime time?
    This is due to problems with the account system that has always been a thorn in our side. Attempting to stop charging all current players would compound our current problems. A revised back end has been in the works for a while now and this will solve the problems.

Crokus Asks:

When do you plan to have the new, larger roof & floor tile items ready for archtecture? Q1? Q2?
    Q1

Do you/will you have designs for walls with windows or more options for doors (not gates)?
    We don't right now, but will keep adding parts every other month or so. We do have small fences, porches and bridges almost ready to go.

Will you/have you consider(ed) making different wall items with a fireplace?
    I hadn't planned on this, but it would be a great addition and has been put on our list.

VeryWiiTee Asks:

1. Do you have a server on which in-game chat runs through?
    1a. If not, then have you thought of getting such a server, to give the game server more power for other processing tasks? (It's quite common in MMO's to do it this way..)
    We currently don't have a separate chat server. We started to set up a server cluster with a chat server this past summer, but as the programmer who worked on this failed to make proper progress and then left the team, this has been on hold.

2. How many active subscriptions do you have? Estimated is totally cool.
    We have roughly 500 active players.

3. Any eta on combat related abilities?
    3a. If paused, then what is the reason?
    No ETA right now. The next combat revisions will include improvements to parry and more balancing of armor and weapons. Adding carts became a huge chore as many systems such as collision and inventories required major revisions. Because of this other planned improvements have been pushed forward to the future.

Mactavendish Asks:

Would you please clarify your plans on the following...

1. Did you always intend for there to be "epic" players that had much greater abilities than an average player, and if so, what was this to be based on? HP? Damage? Mitigation?
    Yes, primarily based on stats and hp. However, epic players have become more powerful quickly than I intended and when skill decay is implemented along with stat gain and loss revisions epic players should be more balanced.

2. Some stats like HP are hidden. Is it your intention to keep these hidden after prelude or will we all be able to know where we stand respects all stats and skills?
    Some stats, such as luck, will remain hidden. I intend to add skills or actions that help you sometimes gauge your luck or other hidden stats. HP will likely remain hidden, but we will see. I'm personally not a fan of numerical stats in game though I know a lot of players are.

3. Do you feel that the game needs more scarcity of resources and better balance or do you like the setup we currently have.
    I don't like the current balance and this is going to be worked on once carts are finally done. Specifically we need to revise material distribution, implement skill decay and revise crafts so that players have individual strengths and weaknesses rather than have too many players that feel that 'everyone can do everything'.