Questions For The Developers 03/06/2013 Through 04/18/2013

MrDDT asks:
I'm being told by other players in game that trapping animals is not allowed. Is this true and why?
Trapping creatures and 'feeding' them by allowing the creature to kill you repeatedly is not allowed because it's not playing the game as intended. Trapped creatures are not a challenge and this makes it too easy to boost creature based materials.

We do plan to implement death penalties and improve creature AI to prevent this type of situation with in game changes.

If it is true, how else do you expect people to get high end mats off aged animals?
By exploring and hunting. I am aware of the current lack of creatures because creatures are again wandering into the mist and not returning. This will be resolved and will be worked on within the next few weeks.

Khalart asks:
I took a look at terrain reset cycle on the Test server and I've a question about this system: the revert process follow the same terraforming sequence that players used while modifing it?
No, it simply reverts terrain in increments of 0.5 meters until the terrain reaches it's original state.

Nezdar asks:
Where are the useful animals like deer, bears, coyotes, etc? Will we have to wait for a full patch at some distant time in the future in order to re-balance the creatures, or can something be done in the near term? We know that the patch cycle is slow due to limited resources, but I think this will have to be addressed of the majority of our tribe will not make another month.

Unfortunately, re-balancing creatures will require another patch. Now that the big changes that were in progress are out of the way, checking and fixing problems with creature distribution will be a priority.

Deacon asks:
When or do you plan to increase number of staff to increase productivity? What are you plans to fund this if any?
Staff will be increased as soon as I can afford to do so. My main focus right now is improving the game. I hope and expect that patches that will be rolled out over the next 3 months, starting tomorrow morning, will increase the game population enough to where I can re-hire coders and expand the team.

I am open to but not actively seeking investors right now as over the past six months my funding efforts have only taken away from valuable development time.

MrDDT asks:
What are the plans with permissions for tribe leaders to move carts around? Currently we have to ask guides for help on moving them.
Tribe leader permissions will be added. This would have fit in well with the current changes but there are many small improvements I just didn't have time to add. I've taken a note to add this to the next patch.

With all the extra recipes coming into the game, is there any plans on helping with the storage or sorting issue with them?
Not right now but I am open to suggestions. I have considered different container types that could hold more items of a specific item type (recipes, food etc.)