View Poll Results: Should we have hiding and stealing in xsyon?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remove these features, player skill FTW

9 39.13%
  • It's the only reason I'm playing this game, keep it

10 43.48%
  • I don't care either way

4 17.39%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Stealing in other games didnt work, I dont see how it will work here.
    It worked for Wurm Online. However, you may believe what you like.

About bump and run, well that is 1 tactic. The others you talked about wont work in real life because look how many people are in game and around your toon. If you had someone even remotely near you to steal you would wonder wth is that guy doing near my back or arse?
    Use the terrain to your advantage, we're not in a open area, we're surrounded by woods and garbage.

You say stealing should be part of it the realism and Im saying it shouldnt be. With stealing NOT in the game, it does not hurt the game much at all if any, with it in game it can and adds very little.
    It adds very little? Didn't you just say that stealing would be game breaking? Stealing would be fun and interesting in my perspective, even more so if tracking was a skill.

You say I can kill you or steal it back, well you can kill me if you want an item. Better yet, war my tribe and rack it for the items you want.
    Stealing will add balance in ways that newcomers are able to steal items without having to kill people. Just because some people are the best of the best that doesn't mean that a newcomer shouldn't be able to take items from them. Obviously a newcomer wouldn't be able to challenge another player for their items, so how is that system fair?

Resorting to personal attacks about me being insecure shows me that you are more about getting what you want, and less about what should or shouldnt be in a game.
    It isn't a personal attack, you're flipping out and putting situations out of proportion to try and prove a point. If you don't like stealing, then say so rather than emphasizing your opinion with invalid points.

What I find funny is that you say that tools shouldnt be able to be stolen which really doesnt make sense to me. So you can steal a fish from someones pack, but not a screwdriver? Where is the realism in that?
    Like mentioned before, I'm not entirely all for realism. Stealing tools will be frustrating for the newcomers so therefore it shouldn't be allowed to keep it nice and balanced.

About hiding, no where in that post by Xsyon did I see that it has wizard like invisible nor does he say he wants that. Fact he says the other way around.

He talks about partly invisible, and blending. NOWHERE does it say POOF disappears.
    No one poofs and disappears in the game, I thought you were trying to mention the current hiding system. If not, then I have no idea what you are talking about.

Stealing in other games didnt work, I dont see how it will work here.

About bump and run, well that is 1 tactic. The others you talked about wont work in real life because look how many people are in game and around your toon. If you had someone even remotely near you to steal you would wonder wth is that guy doing near my back or arse?

You say stealing should be part of it the realism and Im saying it shouldnt be. With stealing NOT in the game, it does not hurt the game much at all if any, with it in game it can and adds very little.

You say I can kill you or steal it back, well you can kill me if you want an item. Better yet, war my tribe and rack it for the items you want.

Resorting to personal attacks about me being insecure shows me that you are more about getting what you want, and less about what should or shouldnt be in a game.

What I find funny is that you say that tools shouldnt be able to be stolen which really doesnt make sense to me. So you can steal a fish from someones pack, but not a screwdriver? Where is the realism in that?

About hiding, no where in that post by Xsyon did I see that it has wizard like invisible nor does he say he wants that. Fact he says the other way around.

He talks about partly invisible, and blending. NOWHERE does it say POOF disappears.
    Your wasting your time with him, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
    Your wasting your time with him, trust me.
    Really constructive of you.

Quote Originally Posted by prokop15 View Post
    He has a point. Any thread you post in becomes pages and pages of you 'arguing' over something ridiculous.
    Sorry, but when people throw out invalid points to try and convince people to despise a perfectly good system, I'm not gonna be like, "You know what? You're right"! Out of all people, you're the one who's called everyone a carebear the most. So I find it sort of contradicting for you to ponder my actions when I disagree with people.

Quote Originally Posted by prokop15 View Post
    Hiding skills are usually pretty goofy. It's going to be funny when people have hidden alts in the middle of everyones cities, spying and SUCH.
    It's also funny that someone would buy multiple accounts to stay hidden in people's cities. I'm sure you'd eventually find them anyway. If it's really that bad, then nerf hiding by making it cost energy. Removing it is just a little too far.

Wow a lot in there.

First stealing in wurm had nothing to do with pickpocketing. It had to do with raiding/looting/pillaging. On top of that, it didnt work well according to not only me but even the Dev said so.

You think my points are invalid, thats your opinion, one few share.

Really balanced there where you start talking about new comers able to steal items. Sounds like a great game to me. Lets see, new person steals items, how is that fun for people that worked hard for those items?
    Oh person gets caught? Great just remake, because Im new anyways no need to have a bad rep.

New people shouldnt be able to fight others with ease else there would be a lack of balance. New people need to do new comer stuff, like learning to play the game. Building up skills, learning the world, making friends. Last thing I want in a game is for a new person right out of the gate able to beat up seasoned vets in PVP, nor would I like them stealing from people that have had a long standing of playing the game.

Dunno where you come from but telling me Im insecure is a personal attack and you dont even know me. Im not blowing it up, I was just commenting on it.

Ive yet to hear any reasons on how stealing will be balanced, nor what it would bring to the table. I mean your points for stealing would be like me asking for rape in a game. Not only does it down play the game but why? You act like it will be a good thing for new people yet you wont even allow them to take tools which are the basic items new people will need.

The CURRENT system is that people VANISH in front of you. No likely invisible or anything. Hence like a mage casting a spell. Instead of like shades of gray or whatnot. So you are right there is no "poof" they just vanish.

So lets go over my "invalid" points.

Adds very little to the game of tactics nor of a sense of community.
    Can cause major problems with people, rep and upset many people.
    Hard to balance, hard to prevent abuse, and hard to stop griefing.
    Whats the point when you have other ways to get items? War, killing, knocking out, and barter/trading.

To me people that want these types of tactics in game, want them because they want to cause grief and mischief to others without being known. They are not strong enough to use the other tools so they want tools that are so unbalanced in the greifers favor so they cant be caught.
    Reminds me of the UO days where thieves could steal from you, your good items, and if you DID catch them. You would get a whole lot of nothing (likely not even your item because they could bank it in seconds or pass it off to someone). There was no risk, and all reward.

First stealing in wurm had nothing to do with pickpocketing. It had to do with raiding/looting/pillaging. On top of that, it didnt work well according to not only me but even the Dev said so.
    You said stealing. Raiding, looting, and pillaging are forms of stealing. Why should we have those when there isn't any player to player stealing? The Devs are not gods, I've seen games fail because of their ignorance. However, I can see why stealing wont appeal to some as pvp to pve. Players will usually get more upset when they die from a pvp fight than a pve. That is in the same instance of where I believe pickpocketing stands. I don't believe that every situation that we encounter our enemy, should be by force.

Really balanced there where you start talking about new comers able to steal items. Sounds like a great game to me. Lets see, new person steals items, how is that fun for people that worked hard for those items?
    Oh person gets caught? Great just remake, because Im new anyways no need to have a bad rep.
    All players will be able to steal. Worked hard to get those items? Apparently you haven't realized that your whole tribe can be destroyed and even looted. What's the worst that a person could steal anyway? You can reroll all you like, but you will never have the proper skills to affectively do anything, that includes stealing.

New people shouldnt be able to fight others with ease else there would be a lack of balance. New people need to do new comer stuff, like learning to play the game. Building up skills, learning the world, making friends. Last thing I want in a game is for a new person right out of the gate able to beat up seasoned vets in PVP, nor would I like them stealing from people that have had a long standing of playing the game.
    I've never said that they should be able to kill vets in PVP. However, they should be able to loot players for their own self gain. It would make sense in the given setting that we have. Some ways that societies have advanced, was from stealing.

Dunno where you come from but telling me Im insecure is a personal attack and you dont even know me. Im not blowing it up, I was just commenting on it.
    No, you're blowing it way out of proportion like excusing me that calling you insecure was a personal threat. You are insecure, you even showed it in the quote above this one.

Ive yet to hear any reasons on how stealing will be balanced, nor what it would bring to the table. I mean your points for stealing would be like me asking for rape in a game. Not only does it down play the game but why? You act like it will be a good thing for new people yet you wont even allow them to take tools which are the basic items new people will need.
    First you basically ask for me to convey a balanced solution for stealing, then you take it back. Then you go on about how I've already mentioned them. To top it off, you blow stealing out of proportion by trying to relate it to rape. Why should stealing be allowed? Because it will help players and newcomers to some sort of extent.

The CURRENT system is that people VANISH in front of you. No likely invisible or anything. Hence like a mage casting a spell. Instead of like shades of gray or whatnot. So you are right there is no "poof" they just vanish.
    Actually no, they don't completely go invisible.

Adds very little to the game of tactics nor of a sense of community.
    Adds to the community and is a tactic to affectively sneak up to players to pickpocket them.

Can cause major problems with people, rep and upset many people.
    This is my evidence for the relation of pvp to pve. If it causes problems and it upsets people it's only because they're insecure. This is rated M for mature, so they must act accordantly. Reputation only enhances a community based game, even if it is negatively.

Hard to balance, hard to prevent abuse, and hard to stop griefing.
    You're blowing everything out of proportion like always. I can think of a balanced system if you really want me to.

Whats the point when you have other ways to get items? War, killing, knocking out, and barter/trading.
    So what's the problem with not allowing it when you can already get items other ways?

To me people that want these types of tactics in game, want them because they want to cause grief and mischief to others without being known. They are not strong enough to use the other tools so they want tools that are so unbalanced in the greifers favor so they cant be caught.
    Reminds me of the UO days where thieves could steal from you, your good items, and if you DID catch them. You would get a whole lot of nothing (likely not even your item because they could bank it in seconds or pass it off to someone). There was no risk, and all reward.
    Most likely, the items you're carrying can be crafted once again. It's not like they're stealing buildings from you.