View Poll Results: Should we have hiding and stealing in xsyon?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remove these features, player skill FTW

9 39.13%
  • It's the only reason I'm playing this game, keep it

10 43.48%
  • I don't care either way

4 17.39%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

its a planned thing to be changed

I may agree with you about the hiding system, it's a little odd. However, we should be able to steal. Why must players have to take down your whole tribe in order to pillage from it? It's a security breach, therefore I understand why you dislike it, but that's the point of it. Security is a huge part in survival, your enemies get to put you to the test.

Quote Originally Posted by trenixdecease View Post
    I may agree with you about the hiding system, it's a little odd. However, we should be able to steal. Why must players have to take down your whole tribe in order to pillage from it? It's a security breach, therefore I understand why you dislike it, but that's the point of it. Security is a huge part in surviving, your enemies are just putting you to the test.
    you should be able to steal, but not based on a dice roll in a real time action game.

I edited my post to show how stealing could work.

I think we should keep hiding and stealing in the game, they are an important part of realism and survival. That is, of course, what the game is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    you should be able to steal, but not based on a dice roll in a real time action game.

I edited my post to show how stealing could work.
    Your poll is setup incorrectly then. You asked if we should have hiding and stealing in Xsyon. Yes, I'd like to have hiding and stealing in Xsyon, though they can be improved. I'm not sure how stealing is done at the moment, I've never done it before, but it should be possible. However, hiding is a good idea, just not sure how to take it as. There should be a way to find hidden players and terrain should contribute to it. Yet still I don't believe that it should be removed.

Your poll is setup incorrectly then. You asked if we should have hiding and stealing in Xsyon. Yes, I'd like to have hiding and stealing in Xsyon, though they can be improved. I'm not sure how stealing is done at the moment, I've never done it before, but it should be possible. However, hiding is a good idea, just not sure how to take it as. There should be a way to find hidden players and terrain should contribute to it. Yet still I don't believe that it should be removed.
    Read it carefully, it says Remove these feautres, player skill FTW.

If you want to steal or hide, you need to do it with player skill not a pre coded ruleset that makes you invisible when hiding or steal from a player based on a dice role.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    Read it carefully, it says Remove these feautres, player skill FTW.

If you want to steal or hide, you need to do it with player skill not a pre coded ruleset that makes you invisible when hiding or steal from a player based on a dice role.
    So you're asking to remove the feature, but then add it at the same time? How can you steal if there is no feature to steal? How can you hide, if there is no feature to hide? I guess I'm just looking at this differently.

Bringing back the concept of realism, some things will have to be unusual so the game could be balanced without ruining our gameplay. Of course the person isn't actually intended to be invisible, he's just "hiding". The game is limited on realism because the fact is, it isn't real. We can't physically hide ourselves in the grass or perfectly behind a tree. We also can't hide under water. It's because it's a game, so to fix balance issues, it is what it is.

Same goes with stealing. I'm assuming that stealing is done by pickpocketing? If that's the case, yes rolling a dice should implemented. Like mentioned before, you're not actually doing it, so you're unable to control it. The dice is supposed to reflect your skill as well as the chance that you'd fail, as if it were in real life. Too much realism ruins games. Biggest reason why I believe a dice should be used for combat.

So you're asking to remove the feature, but then add it at the same time? How can you steal if there is no feature to steal? How can you hide, if there is no feature to hide? I guess I'm just looking at this differently.
    I guess my pole is to confusing, I will fix it with a new post.

Would also be better if you didn't Word your options in such a biased format.