Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    eh i guess for a easy solution you could throw that together but i think making the materials degrade over time and when they're old enough just break and need repairing/replacing. leather parts and things of that nature would degrade fast so you'd be replacing those a lot for so many uses then the wooden, or whatever it ends being, frames eventually get worn down and parts of them break.

you'd be able to check on the rate at which its falling apart through visual cues and analyzing it(right click for a description which tells you how it looks). eventually you could have parts breaking down in mid-flight, after landing, right before trying to escape.

paragliding is a great idea

Dark and Light did this, and was one of the best features of that ill-fated game. I would love to see it implemented here too.

They also had snowboarding down snowy mountains.

Well.... actually, flight was talked about almost a year ago, there are ideas on paper that Jordi has, that perhaps will make it to the game some time in the future. I know he liked the idea of flight and different ways it could be introduced and stay within the lore and design of the game. Don't count on it any time in the near future at all... but maybe someday in an expansion, I could see it making its way in game in one form or another.

Quote Originally Posted by trenixdecease View Post
    It wont fit the setting, that's my point. We're supposed to be trying to survive, making a paraglider is like trying to commit suicide. Also, realism does play a little part in this, it would be unusual to see people flying around in 2012 after an apocalypse. By not having paragliders, my gameplay is fine the way it is. If you were to add it to the game, I would think on my part, it will alter my gameplay in a way that I would not be happy with. There will always be a battle between realism and gameplay, one shouldn't override the other. Basically, we're doing fine without it so it should be left alone.
    I know this is an older thread, but have you read the lore? Gods, Demons, and mutants are in the game. Paragliding which I think you should know is realistic. This would be a pretty neat feature and as I have heard was in other games such as Light and Dark, which I never played personally. The world would have to be a bit more expansive though and have cliffs that are a bit more elevated.

This would be so unusual in a game like this.
    What he said...

If you want a fluffy I can fly everywhere in pewpew noob non game related world then go play Gayion...

It wont fit the setting, that's my point. We're supposed to be trying to survive, making a paraglider is like trying to commit suicide. Also, realism does play a little part in this, it would be unusual to see people flying around in 2012 after an apocalypse. By not having paragliders, my gameplay is fine the way it is. If you were to add it to the game, I would think on my part, it will alter my gameplay in a way that I would not be happy with. There will always be a battle between realism and gameplay, one shouldn't override the other. Basically, we're doing fine without it so it should be left alone.

Realism.... guys did anyone read the lore at all? anyting is possible. we have zombies, and mutated animals and magic incomming. and that are known features. anyting that fits in any way into jordi's story/game can be fit in. hot air baloons were invented in 1783 ...

Anyting is possible in Xsyon - Anyting that The devs aprove of. this is not a realive copy.
    ps: the game starts in 2036, not in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonan View Post
    anyway, is there an online game with such a feature? ^^

There was (is?) a game called Dark and Light that had paragliding, dragon flight (you had to find and tame it first), parachuting/freefalling, skiing, and combinations of these.

I love it,
    but any sort of equipment like this should be huge and bulky or be heavy/bulky components and require assembly before using (unable to move it after assembly).
    Also it should have a very high chance to be heavily damaged or destroyed unless you happen to not run into anything when you land...
    great idea though!

Sounds like a pretty neat feature for the future. There's been a few mountains I could imagine this working on, but it's pretty limited. Most have a slope for you to walk down, rather than cliffs to throw yourself off of.